PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devonta Freeman with the 29th pick?

BJ_McWild

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
This kid looks completely awesome. Maybe it's because FL State is playing scrub schools or something but he looks faster than everyone else on the field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIIxQNKUiCk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu8AtuzQaKU

What if we take him at 29 and then get a TE in the second round, then go OL/DL?

He just seems like a real playmaker and 5.7 YPC looks good to me.

Doubt he will last until our 2nd round pick as New Orleans picks 2 spots ahead of us.

This kid looks completely awesome. Maybe it's because FL State is playing scrub schools or something but he looks faster than everyone else on the field:

Doubt he will last until our 2nd round pick as New Orleans picks 2 spots ahead of us.

He projected as a fourth to fifth round pick we would be nuts to draft him at #29. Not to mention he would be Vereen's backup at best so it is a poor pick considering our needs.

No.

RB isn't a first round need for us, isn't a need at all if we re-sign Blount.

I'd also be shocked -- there are many backs likely to picked before him.

(btw, I think there were no backs taken in the first round last year -- wouldn't surprise me if that happened again, though some other guys might be possibilities (Jeremy Hill, Tre Mason, Hyde?))

A RB at #29? In this day and age in the NFL?

Bill-Hader-Holding-in-Laugh.gif

A RB at #29? In this day and age in the NFL?

Bill-Hader-Holding-in-Laugh.gif

Maybe so. Maybe he'll last into the later rounds...but you know, the whole 'weapons for Brady' thing...what better weapon than a guy like this? Shane Vereen is great and all but watch the clips! The production is there and the physicality is there.

I think they may choose not to bring back Blount or, if they do, think about this stable of backs

Ridley
Vereen
Blount
Freeman

More exciting than Brandon Bolden, right?

Another big body on the DL is the more obvious thing but maybe the whole D-tackle position is getting de-emphasized and it's Madden-style now?

Maybe so. Maybe he'll last into the later rounds...but you know, the whole 'weapons for Brady' thing...what better weapon than a guy like this? Shane Vereen is great and all but watch the clips! The production is there and the physicality is there.

I think they may choose not to bring back Blount or, if they do, think about this stable of backs

Ridley
Vereen
Blount
Freeman

More exciting than Brandon Bolden, right?

Another big body on the DL is the more obvious thing but maybe the whole D-tackle position is getting de-emphasized and it's Madden-style now?

Upgrading from Bolden doesn't warrant a first rounder.

If you want weapons for Brady, a TE is more of a need. Also more of a need is O-line, to protect him (as well as run block). WR would also be a better call, though again, that would be after the first round.

Ahahahaha!

No.

CBS site projects 3rd round.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and make a post. I think you'll find that most people aren't going to be in favor of taking a look at a RB for this team until later in the draft. With the team still centered around Brady, most of us think the idea is to build a wall (OL) and give him more receiving weapons.

Since the 3rd down RB position is filled by Vereen, there's not going to be a real call for drafting a RB in the first round, especially when it's not a generational type player.

Again, thanks for posting, and I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and make a post. I think you'll find that most people aren't going to be in favor of taking a look at a RB for this team until later in the draft. With the team still centered around Brady, most of us think the idea is to build a wall (OL) and give him more receiving weapons.

Since the 3rd down RB position is filled by Vereen, there's not going to be a real call for drafting a RB in the first round, especially when it's not a generational type player.

Again, thanks for posting, and I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

I guess Austin Sefarian Jenkins may be available at #29 and would be more of a consensus good pick here at Pats Fans.

I guess Austin Sefarian Jenkins may be available at #29 and would be more of a consensus good pick here at Pats Fans.

He's definitely got a following here. Most people, myself included, seem focused on either TE or DL in round one. I'm of the DL or S persuasion, myself, hoping for Tuitt, Nix, Pryor, etc....

I don't think people would disagree with the idea of upgrading over Bolden, or replacing Blount if he doesn't re-sign. I just think it's the idea of doing it in round one when there's not an AdP available. I, personally, wouldn't start looking at RB, under any circumstances, until round 4 this year.

Just my $.02, though.

I don't watch college ball enough to know who is who outside the top 10 we hear about on ESPN all the time. That said, we have way more pressing matters than a RB. I'd like to see us go best-on-board for Tight Ends, Offensive & Defensive lineman, maybe a WR if one is available too good to pass up.

He's definitely got a following here. Most people, myself included, seem focused on either TE or DL in round one. I'm of the DL or S persuasion, myself, hoping for Tuitt, Nix, Pryor, etc....

I don't think people would disagree with the idea of upgrading over Bolden, or replacing Blount if he doesn't re-sign. I just think it's the idea of doing it in round one when there's not an AdP available. I, personally, wouldn't start looking at RB, under any circumstances, until round 4 this year.

Just my $.02, though.

Lot of mock drafts have us taking Tuitt

Better choice, yes, but I wouldn't use a first rounder on him due to his injury.

Lot of mock drafts have us taking Tuitt

I've been pretty high on Tuitt because I think he's got the 3-4/4-3 versatility. If Wilfork really gets the axe, though, I'd expect the team to take a good, long look at DT, and the rumor is that they like Nix.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back