PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found myself thinking of the sports science show he was on. Where they proved he can react to the ball faster. His reaction time is just plain sick. He'll probably be a bit conservative this year as he's a rookie ... but if and when he's ready I can see interceptions by the bucket load. That he can tackle is just the cherry on the sundae.

Yes. And he can run backwards very fast. Wow. Go Pats. :rocker:

Hey, cool! I saw that epi long before the draft and had completely forgotten that it was DM until you posted this. Giggety. :biggrin2:

As I've stated, I didn't get a chance to watch any Rutgers games and knew almost nothing about the kid when he was drafted. This is the second post that talks about bad hands, and I wonder if it's a real problem or not. I want to see him flat out drop a few, though, before I go labeling the kid. Whether or not he has bad hands, I know the Patriots work on drills with their DB's and LB's, so I hope his hands (and all the others) get better.

The dodgy hands assessment is based on old evidence; low interception production in college. Maybe he had bad hands or maybe they never threw his way. Maybe his hands have improved.

For what I have seen, he will be able to get into position to make picks; can he hold on? Should be interesting because I suspect he will start and teams will be testing him early.

Last edited:
I really don't care if he doesn't get picks due to bad hands if the WR isn't getting the ball the defense is winning the battle hands can trained, instinct, speed and physicality can't. I prefer my DB to have more uncoachable intangibles than coachable ones.

I really don't care if he doesn't get picks due to bad hands if the WR isn't getting the ball the defense is winning the battle hands can trained, instinct, speed and physicality can't. I prefer my DB to have more uncoachable intangibles than coachable ones.

I agree! If DMc is trying to catch the ball, and drops it, it means the receiver doesn't have the ball! Meaning an incompletion :D

run DMc ...!

sorry, it was just right there.

tuck....I hope and pray that your patsfans ID is Shakesperian-based......but,that being aside,you get my semi-milleniumn(sic?),"Mrs Doubtfire" award for the bestest,new sports-related nickname(run DMc).

I don't know how I missed it......(massive ego deflating)......but,Kudos.....I toast a dram of meade,in your honor.:rocker:

Last edited:
tuck....I hope and pray that your patsfans ID is Shakesperian-based......but,that being aside,you get my semi-milleniumn(sic?),"Mrs Doubtfire" award for the bestest,new sports-related nickname(run DMc).

I don't know how I missed it......(massive ego deflating)......but,Kudos.....I toast a dram of meade,in your honor.:rocker:

I'm sure his ID has less to do with Shakespeare and more to do with a certain 2001 game.lol I second the award for best sports nickname.

Last edited:
Interceptions in consecutive games, tight coverage in just about every game, and great tackling . . . MAN, I LOVE THIS KID!

This guy is a baller. I'm sorry 100x over that I ever questioned his selection. Possibly our best player on D right now?

This guy is a baller. I'm sorry 100x over that I ever questioned his selection. Possibly our best player on D right now?

I'm sorry even more than that. I was absolutely seething at work the next day as I talked about the pick with my co-workers. I was livid because I didn't know anything about the kid and Rutgers is not a school I hear a lot about (especially since I went to an SEC school). I take it all back. A man forced to eat his words rarely asks for seconds.:)

McCourty adds a sack to his amazing rookie campaign, making a stronger case for himself in the eyes of the nation media for DROY! He could have had two INT's as well. He's such a stud.

Last edited:
The way DMC plays the run is incredible for a corner. On the 2nd and goal play in the 4th quarter, Ninko was great vs the TE on that play, but DMC crashed down and got the tackle, with Chung finishing him off. It's scary to think how good DMC is going to be. He'd probably be our best KR, too, if we could spare him for that -- he's faster than Tate, and he broke one in the preseason. Jeez, he'd probably be huge at FS for this team if he ever moved back there. Awesome player.

Last edited:
The way DMC plays the run is incredible for a corner. On the 2nd and goal play in the 4th quarter, Ninko was great vs the TE on that play, but DMC crashed down and got the tackle, with Chung finishing him off. It's scary to think how good DMC is going to be. He'd probably be our best KR, too, if we could spare him for that -- he's faster than Tate, and he broke one in the preseason. Jeez, he'd probably be huge at FS for this team if he ever moved back there. Awesome player.

He broke two 50-yard returns against the saints iirc. He would be a better KR than Tate if he were put back there.
He might not have Tate's moves, but he's certainly got a gear Tate doesn't have (4.3 low speed)

Tough night for the kid, but lets all remember that most guys would have sat the game out with the rib injury. The kid is still in the hunt for ROY.

Tough night for the kid, but lets all remember that most guys would have sat the game out with the rib injury. The kid is still in the hunt for ROY.

Tough night?? He played very well against the run, and was great in coverage all night. He would have at least made the tackle on that long TD to Jones if "Big Bang" hadn't taken him out with a perfect block :rolleyes:

sorry but i'm afraid that would be big Vince.. he is a monster inside and the most important Cog on this D right now

Tough night?? He played very well against the run, and was great in coverage all night. He would have at least made the tackle on that long TD to Jones if "Big Bang" hadn't taken him out with a perfect block :rolleyes:

He was beat for that long TD pass but that was BM fault for colliding with him, probably wouldnt have gone for a TD but he was beat. But still an overall solid night for the rook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back