PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devastating duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/rodney_harrison_1.html

The pairing of hard-hitting veteran safeties Rodney Harrison and John Lynch was a topic of discussion today at Gillette Stadium.

Harrison, who returned to practice Tuesday, mentioned that Lynch took the time to call him at one of the lowest points in his career, in 2005 when he suffered a serious knee injury.

“I thought that was pretty classy,” Harrison said...............

I just love the idea of the 2 hardest hitting safeties of this era in the same backfield

Good story. That does say a lot about Lynch that he would call up Rodney like that. Def gotta respect that.

Last edited:
They've had good careers, but I'll take a wait-and-see approach on how this works out. I've got to think that their age may pose some problems.

I just love the idea of the 2 hardest hitting safeties of this era in the same backfield
It'll be interesting to see how they're used. We all know Belichick tried to get them together before, although they were both 4 years younger and faster back then. Regardless, it is interesting.

They've had good careers, but I'll take a wait-and-see approach on how this works out. I've got to think that their age may pose some problems.

I agree. If we can get good leadership and decent production out of them, I'll be happy. These guys are not in their primes anymore, IMO, but GREAT PLAYERS always find a way to produce...even if they have lost a step.

God I hope they don't play every down as our starting two safeties this year. Lump me in with the people who are praying for Meriweather's health.

The importance is mixing their cagey veteran experience and intelligence (Harrison RUNS that secondary and is very smart) with the youth of those such as Meriweather and Sanders. I think this portion of the secondary will be very strong.

I like Lynch, but barring injury the only time I want to see them both on the field at the same time is 3rd/4th and inches, or goal line situations. Times when they don't have to cover in a lot of space and can stay close to the line.

Last edited:
I'm fine with one actually playing LB. Same backfield? I don't think so.

God I hope they don't play every down as our starting two safeties this year. Lump me in with the people who are praying for Meriweather's health.

Riiiight, I guess Bill Belichick hasn't realized they are old, slow and so far beyond their prime that they will be of no help.

BB must be getting soft and sentimental to keep these two old guys, along with Bruschi around.

Glad we all know better.

I will agree and I am sure BB agrees - having Merriweather healthy is a good thing, but NOT because of Lynch & Harrison.

I cant wait to see those 2 characters hammering receivers on the same field. I dont get guys thinking Lynch is all washed up. The man is coming off 4 straight Pro Bowls. Sure, some of that is rep. But youre not making it 4 consecutive seasons without still having something left in the tank. He's gonna be reborn as a Pat and it'll be a beautiful thing to behold.

I think we'll see Sanders and Meriweather alternate at FS, and Harrison and Lynch alternate at SS. I like that tandem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back