Welcome to PatsFans.com

Deval Patrick: Friend of Rapists Everwhere

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Oct 4, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can you guys believe what this scumbag Deval Patrick did..?!? And then he says "Um, it was 15 years ago"... Sorry, Deval, but the year 2000 was not 15 years ago, you moron.

Anyone that is thinking of voting for Patrick should take a long hard look at this article and think twice. Nice to know rapists will be freely roaming the streets of the Commonwealth in a Patrick administration.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/po.../10/04/patrick_tried_twice_to_aid_parole_bid/
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

Re: Deval Patrick: Friend of Rapsts Everwhere

Heard about this on the radio this morning. Seriously disturbing.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 4 / -4

Patrick said that based on DNA evidence released in 2002, after Patrick made his appeals, that the guy was rightfully convicted. Patrick no longer supports his release. I don't know enough about the case to know why people like Patrick, Silber, Arroyo, and others supported him, but obviously there must have been some valid questions to win such high profile support. Patrick was clearly wrong on this one and has since changed his stand. If you think he will let "rapists freely roam the streets of the Commonwealth," you should not support him. I guess he lost your vote. LOL.
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

QuiGon: Give me a break. You completely embarass yourself when you post something like that. Are you trying to be the republican NEM?

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I heard about it a few weeks ago but I was foolish enough to believe Patrick's first excuse (which was a total, blatant lie), that he was acting as legal representative for the NAACP and as an official counsel of the rapist. While it was still a slimey maneuver, there are miles of difference between a defense attorney advocating for a client convicted of rape and a private citizen doing the same.

I didn't realize the truth is that Patrick is a complete scumbag who, acting as a private citizen, advocated the release of a convicted rapist who spent 8 hours torturing a 59 year old woman.

Fool me once, shame on you...
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

It gets better. This guy screams of Mike Dukakis & Willie Horton.

Patrick says he helped pay for rapist's DNA test

By Glen Johnson, AP Political Writer | October 5, 2006

BOSTON --Democratic gubernatorial candidate Deval Patrick has made another concession about his advocacy for the parole of a convicted rapist, acknowledging he contributed money to help pay for DNA tests the inmate said would clear him.

A week ago, Patrick had claimed he wrote only one letter "maybe 15 years ago" in support of Benjamin LaGuer, who relentlessly claimed he was innocent of tying up and raping his 59-year-old Leominster neighbor in 1983.

The Democrat acknowledged Wednesday that he had actually not only written twice to the Parole Board and also had personal correspondences with LaGuer, but that some of his letters were as recent as six years ago.

The case, whose appeal is based on allegations of racism among jurors, has had the support of former Boston University President John Silber and historian Elie Wiesel.

And while Patrick maintained early Wednesday he had "absolutely no memory" of contributing to LaGuer, late Wednesday night, his campaign released a letter to The Boston Globe from LaGuer's lawyer. It thanked Patrick for his "generous contribution" to help pay for the DNA test. The test later confirmed LaGuer's guilt, prompting Patrick to drop his support for the convict.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...rick_says_he_helped_pay_for_rapists_dna_test/
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah - and it's pathetic. BTW... ever notice how often Dems mention Willie Horton like it is something that we should be ashamed of..? Like it was some sort of underhanded political maneuver to bring him into the political arena...?

Sorry but when a convicted violent offender is let out of jail on furlough by the governor who in turn commits more violent offenses, that is a legitimate campaign issue.

Kinda like how it is a legitimate campaign issue that Deval Patrick tried his best to free a man in jail for raping and torturing a woman for a period of at least 8 hours.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

IS this what Callahan was ranting and raving about this AM, turned on EEI around 9:30 AM and he was going on and on about something this guy did, interestingly it was posted in that left wing rag the Globe.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wasn't listening to them this morning at that specific time, but from what I heard today they focused less on the rapist Deval Patrick tried to get released on probation and more on the cop killer in Florida that Deval Patrick fought to get a reduction in his sentence that was imposed by a Florida court of law.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

We should always remember that Willie Horton was raised as a political issue by Al Gore in the dem primaries. This was after al Invented the internet.