PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Detriots o-line could be depleted when they come to New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that today's rules are different than a few years ago, but I think that this statement is incorrect. I remember the moment I realized how special a player that Revis was, was when he was defending Calvin Johnson. I think it was the first play of the game, or at least very early on and Stafford decided to test Revis as he was one-on-one against Calvin going up the sideline and at the last second Revis shoots his hand up and breaks up the pass which was an incredible throw that should have landed right over Calvin's shoulder and into his waiting arms. That moment was when I realized the true greatness of Revis and I'm sure that Revis can hold his own against Calvin this time around as well.

Yeah, that argument doesn't make much sense to me either. In 5 healthy games, Megatron has ~450 yards and 3 TDs. Really, really good numbers. But if he is someone so dominant that arguably the best secondary in the league and arguably the best cornerback in the league can't handle, why is he averaging only about 90 yards a game? Defenders are being draped all over him you say, creating scads of open space for everyone else? Then why in all these games has Detroit topped 24 points only once, against the abominable Giants in week 1? Hell, they've only topped 20 once and that was the aforementioned 24 scored on the Jets!

We've also been hearing about defensive lines that were going to expose NE's new-and-improved OL for a month now. It's become something of a white whale around these parts.

No, Detroit is not a horrible matchup for NE. They are simply a good team that has some strengths NE will have to counteract and some weaknesses to be exploited. Sometimes a team's strengths will be in frightening alignment with NE's weaknesses, but I don't see that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back