PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Details on Brady's deal from Peter King's MMQB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure your post will be deleted, Ken - unfortunately. If you post a comment that exposes what a fraud Florio is, it tends to get taken down promptly. I've put several completely civil and calm remarks under his articles over the last couple weeks, and they were all gone soon enough.

I saw your post yesterday -- the exact same thing happened to me. After writing PFT to ask what happened, they confirmed that they deleted the post because it was critical of Florio.

I'm a journalist myself and had commented on Florio's site about the highly dubious ethics of his coverage of the Brady deal. I began by saying, "Florio’s attempts to sell this Brady extension as a dirty deal are becoming increasingly desperate," and added that "there was never anything suspicious or even terribly unusual about the deal. Brady did a service for the team by taking a steeply lowered cap number in the final three years. In exchange, he got a slight raise in the next two years."

Then I added at the end: "It's really bad journalism to imply that something untoward has taken place and that someone has been 'coloring outside the lines' without having anything to back it up. The fact that Florio continually uses the passive 'mistakes were made' construction to make these accusations ('skepticism will persist,' 'suspicions will persist') only underscores the weakness of his argument."

Again, I posted this comment, saw that it had been deleted, and then wrote PFT to ask what had happened. Their response:

Ticket #: 1173513
Subject: are my comments being edited out?
Solution: [Mar 4 2013 6:17PM] :

The deletion of your comments most like has to do with the fact that you called Mike Florio Desperate.

"Florio’s attempts to sell this Brady extension as a dirty deal are becoming increasingly desperate."

PFT
Customer Support

So that's just FYI -- Florio is either editing out negative comments, or having someone do it on his behalf.

I saw your post yesterday -- the exact same thing happened to me. After writing PFT to ask what happened, they confirmed that they deleted the post because it was critical of Florio.

I'm a journalist myself and had commented on Florio's site about the highly dubious ethics of his coverage of the Brady deal. I began by saying, "Florio’s attempts to sell this Brady extension as a dirty deal are becoming increasingly desperate," and added that "there was never anything suspicious or even terribly unusual about the deal. Brady did a service for the team by taking a steeply lowered cap number in the final three years. In exchange, he got a slight raise in the next two years."

Then I added at the end: "It's really bad journalism to imply that something untoward has taken place and that someone has been 'coloring outside the lines' without having anything to back it up. The fact that Florio continually uses the passive 'mistakes were made' construction to make these accusations ('skepticism will persist,' 'suspicions will persist') only underscores the weakness of his argument."

Again, I posted this comment, saw that it had been deleted, and then wrote PFT to ask what had happened. Their response:

The deletion of your comments most like has to do with the fact that you called Mike Florio Desperate.

"Florio’s attempts to sell this Brady extension as a dirty deal are becoming increasingly desperate."

PFT
Customer Support

So that's just FYI -- Florio is either editing out negative comments, or having someone do it on his behalf.

Seems like it's time to take this one to Twitter (ie include the url to your response or embed it in a blog and include that url). There's nothing so reviled in the social media as in-authenticity especially around claimed expertise and knowledge. After all Florio has demonstrated that he lives by the sword...

I've always wanted to know this. Thanks for checking for us.

Man, I proved you wrong a couple times and now you're going out of your way to attack and contradict me, no matter how insignificant or irrelevant it is. You must really be upset.

PFT
Customer Support

I'm guessing Customer Support = Mike Florio. Note that you did not call Mike Florio desperate in his post, merely his attempt to portray the Brady deal as something it wasn't as desperate...Customer Support clearly is a little overly sensitive...

I would try emailing Florio directly - at some point, the man has to cave and realize he's really made a fool of himself in the last couple weeks. The frustrating part is that until Brady retires without restructuring this deal to pay him more, Florio won't listen to reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes