Welcome to PatsFans.com

Details on Brady's deal from Peter King's MMQB

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NE_PATS_FAN_54, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -1

#70 Jersey

Joe Flacco, Tom Brady on opposite ends of quarterback contract spectrum - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

2. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +383 / 6 / -20

#12 Jersey

I didn't realize the whole thing wasn't guaranteed in advance. (Most of it is, however.)

3. OMGWTFJUDD

OMGWTFJUDD Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4. patfanken

patfanken Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,409 / 22 / -11

#91 Jersey

Florio is already pounding the same story he's put out there for the last 2 weeks. He keeps insisting that the deal is a sham and the last 3 years don't matter. BTW- what does he base his position on. NOTHING. Just another chance for a Steeler zealot to take a shot at the Pats.

On a positive note. Its been 5 minutes and my comment to his post hasn't been deleted yet. Below is what I wrote

5. borg

borg In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +614 / 27 / -29

Let's stir up the hornets nest..... Isn't providing passage on a private jet a form of compensation?

6. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

7. BradyManny

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

I'm sure your post will be deleted, Ken - unfortunately. If you post a comment that exposes what a fraud Florio is, it tends to get taken down promptly. I've put several completely civil and calm remarks under his articles over the last couple weeks, and they were all gone soon enough.

8. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 13 / -10

Its sad and bad that florio suggests a side deal then says there is no evidence of it and if brady deal isnt reworked there will be suspicions. Really pathetic.

9. borg

Ratings:
    +614 / 27 / -29

Sign a star to a $100+ mill contract that will never be fully paid....the owner gets placed on a pedestal.
    Sign a star to a contract that likely gets paid in full and likely to match the actual payout of the $100+ million star above....and this owner is treated with skepticism. The world we live in.

10. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I don't like that last line about Tom not making demands. While I assume its true I question why he mentions it?

Is it to gear fans up that Brady's favorite target might be gone?

Or am I reading too much between the lines?

11. zydecochris

zydecochris On the Roster

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -1

Ken, I love reading your posts. However, respectfully, I've got a different take on Florio. Although Florio may be a Steelers fan, I think what he is really a fan of is $$. He makes a living by posting rumors that he mostly gets from players agents, his "sources", and writing these rumors up to be as controversial as possible. Naturally agents don't like this deal for Tom Brady, and I'm sure they have communicated this to to Florio, spinning the story in the worst possible light for Brady and the Patriots (with little regard for the truth). Thus, all of Florio's articles paint the Brady deal in the worst possible light with little regard for the truth. It seems logical if you take into account how Florio's bread is buttered.

12. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +805 / 1 / -5

No Jersey Selected

I think it was worth asking Kraft about that — it's been speculated on so much. And I think the use of the word "demands" in the response matters. For all his greatness Brady has always shown he knows he's not the coach or the owner or anyone else; it wouldn't be his style to make "demands." But I would be surprised if he did not make his opinions known. Kraft pretty much says he did in the sentence before the one about not making demands: "...Now he's rooting for us to make the right decisions in building the team."

13. borg

Ratings:
    +614 / 27 / -29

I love when Florio floats a rumor then his very next headline dispels his rumor. For this he gets his own TV show. What a country

14. patfanken

patfanken Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,409 / 22 / -11

#91 Jersey

I don't think we disagree all that much. I think what you wrote is both insightful and correct. But I do think he takes special joy in tweaking the Pats and their fans.
    And while I hate it when he deletes critical posts, I have to say I just checked and my post as well as several other critical posts are still up

15. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +68 / 4 / -1

#70 Jersey

Gotta love Florio. He is no different than anyone on this board...a fan with an opinion who knows how to go to ESPN.com, SI.com and all other news websites -copy others news and posts it in one place. He adds nothing to the NBC broadcast

16. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

This is my exact opinion on him except I will take it further as there are posters on here who bring more to the table than he does via cap analysis.

17. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,495 / 20 / -8

#95 Jersey

18. BradyManny

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

It's obvious to me that a guy like MoLewisRocks would destroy Florio in terms of cap understanding.

But honestly, I'd say most posters here have a better understanding of the cap than Florio. Florio has exposed himself as someone who is mailing it in - and has no time to actually excel at his job or offer anything of value. His knowledge is very ordinary.

19. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +189 / 2 / -2

I take exception to that comment. My knowledge is very ordinary as well and I don't like being compared to Florio :D. Though, I have plenty of passion for the Patriots and don't make a living by trying to create drama where none exists.

20. tonyto3690

tonyto3690 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kraft is trying to protect Bradys good name. Kraft and Brady have always been adamant that Brady trusts the front office and doesn't try to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.

For all of Bradys talents and abilities, how humble he is really is the most amazing and great thing about him and why he is so great.

In a world of Joe Flacco demanding to be paid hundreds of millions of dollars in order to "get respect", Brady sacrifices and constantly humbles himself and praises others profusely.

Flacco could win ten straight superbowls and Brady go winless for the next five years and Brady will always be a winner. Flacco will always be a loser with a small package and massive ego.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.