PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Despite the YPC average...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I really thought Maroney played a helluva game. The negative runs were almost all on the OL - and why did we keep running RIGHT? Back on point, though, he ran tough, and made big plays when we needed them. I was almost more impressed with this performance than I was when he went over 100 against the jets. Gritty, gutty carries with MAJOR production.

Thoughts?

Maroney Thread Fatigue or did someone already start one of these last night? If so, SORRY.

Started, even with NSA agreeing with your sentiments. :)

Some of the negative rushes I put squarely on the playcalling.

Why in the world were we running stretch plays to the right side between two backup lineman against Strahan?

That play didn't work once all night yet we ran it repeatedly.

This isn't a "McDaniels" bash at all -- I think he's been excellent. But I kept screaming at the TV last night every time we ran off-tackle right.

The YPC stunk. So did the run blocking in general. However, they did get enough going to allow Maroney to get in for 2 TDs and the 2 point conversion.

Maroney had a couple of jitterbug moments, but, for the most part, ran very hard. I was impressed with how he seems to be hitting the line harder.

Agree. That's why YPC means little in analysis.
It depends on situation (impact of the play).

Most game analysis methods take this into account.

LoMo 2 TD runs are extremely valuable.

Maroney ran hard. He lowered his shoulder, never gave up. The OL was terrible in run blocking and if u failed to realize that, shame on you but like i said. He ran hard..ran people over..fought for extra yards

the best 2.4 ypc average i've seen imo

Last edited:
The run-blocking was real bad...I thought LM did very very well considering.

I thought his best run was the 2 pt conversion. I never thought he would get the ball there but he ran hard and got in, a huge play to go up by 3, since after the Hobbs INT and next TD we went up 10 instead of 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing