Welcome to PatsFans.com

Despicable rumor about McCain's military service

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Will the right demand, as they demanded of John Kerry, that McCain sign Standard Form 180? Kerry did it. What could a war hero like McCain possibly have to hide?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-klein/mccains-secret-questionab_b_107409.html

"At a meeting in his Pentagon office in early 1981, Secretary of the Navy John F. Lehman told Capt. John S. McCain III that he was about to attain his life ambition: becoming an admiral.... Mr. McCain declined the prospect of his first admiral's star to make a run for Congress, saying that he could 'do more good there,' Mr. Lehman recalled." So claimed the New York Times in a front-page article on May 29 this year.

Retired Admiral Peter Booth, who was promoted to rear admiral in 1981, flatly disputes Lehman's claim about McCain. "No, John McCain was not selected for flag rank, for admiral. With all due respect, I think I was selected that same year, and I have never heard anything even remotely like that. To begin with, John Lehman did not select Navy flag officers. That was done with a very august selection board headed by a four-star admiral. The Secretary of the Navy does not appoint. He is in the approval chain, but he is not on the committee.

Retired Admiral John R. Batzler, former commanding officer of the U.S.S. Nimitz, also promoted to rear admiral in 1981, agrees with Retired Admiral Booth. "I made rear admiral in about five years. I wasn't selected early, and I wasn't selected late. I find it incredible that someone made that statement that John Lehman told John McCain he was going to be promoted to admiral two years after he made captain. First of all, telling him at all is not kosher, but we all know the Secretary of the Navy does what he damn well pleases, in particular John Lehman. This whole idea that John Lehman told John McCain he was going to be promoted to flag two years after he made captain sounds preposterous to me." All of the evidence, indications and comments that the New York Times published a flattering lie about McCain's career on its front page are easy for John McCain to refute. All he needs to do is sign Standard Form 180, which authorizes the Navy to send an undeleted copy of McCain's naval file to news organizations.

Despite graduating in the bottom 1 percent of his Annapolis class, McCain was offered the most sought-after Navy assignment -- to become an aircraft carrier pilot. According to military historian John Karaagac, "'the Airdales,' the air wing of the Navy, acted and still do, as if unrivaled atop the naval pyramid. They acted as if they owned, not only the Navy, but the entire swath of blue water on the earth's surface." The most accomplished midshipmen compete furiously for the few carrier pilot openings. After four abysmal academic years at Annapolis distinguished only by his misdeeds and malfeasance, no one with a record resembling McCain's would have been offered such a prized career path. The justification for this and subsequent plum assignments should be documented in McCain's naval file.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

Maybe he's a confirmed Mason of the 33rd degree (or however they rank themselves) or a member of the Council on Foreign Relations (see a paul, I learned something from you!):D

Can you say "hand picked"? whattaya think?

I have never been able to figure out how some of these guys are hand picked by whichever elitists who believe they are running shyte up in here. But to pick a guy in the bottom 1%..c'mon, that's just lack of common sense.

I'd just love to know exactly how many of our presidents have actually been ...dumb:eek:
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +395 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Patters - how about if you stop spreading the "despicable" rumors ? :rolleyes:
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Try that his old man was head honcho for a long time, and on both sides his family was one of 'those' families. Big deal. Kerry left Vietnam after 4 months because of a boo-boo in his butt--you want to drag all that out again because Obama asked someone in a muslim scarf to move out of a picture?
  5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

I often wear a muslim scarf...never mind

But seriously...2 dumb republican candidates in a row? It's not his fault he lacks the serious advanced intellect I'd like to see. It's just that presidents should never look embaressingly under-qualified.

I'm sure he's a pretty good guy, but...
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's complicated, Reign.

on the topic of McCain--google his family history. His father was CNO while he was in stir in 'nam. It's why he got special treatment--both good and bad.
    There's some other stuff in his family history as well--it's sort of like how Teddy K. got into Harvard (and back in, after being expelled). That's how McCain got plumb jobs.

I'm sure he's bright enough, he just didn't take Annapolis seriously--he knew he wasn't getting kicked out after all.

The reason Patters is posting this stuff now is that someone posted something a little damaging to his little pet Obooma today, with the Pooh stuff, and the brother stuff, and then how the Obama people moved some muslims away from the stage. This is how he rolls--he posts this stuff and then cries about how nasty politics is, when in reality he'd like to hold Lee Atwater's hand and drink martini's with him all night.

It's okay, it's just the "despicable rumor" stuff that bothers me. Just post the sh!t and be done with it. It's like how he tries to circle around and around calling people (like BF) a racist without saying "you're a racist" which would be against the rules of course.
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

now, now...

Many of us try so hard to protect the politician we like...I do it myself. I think we get some idealistic vision of a candidate and then don't want anyone to ruin it.

Maybe me with JFK and you with RR...but I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to have that vision and that hope, do you?
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If you need to sink to the level of the National Enquirer to do it, yes.

I have no problem discussing McCain. I don't like him. I've never liked him--and I always will. There is not one single thing he can do that will make me like him. There aren't even ten things he can do.

On the contrast, I really have nothing against Obama. I think his wife is beautiful, his children are adorable (and I think Michelle is smarter and would make a better president than he--I like that she has a spark and speaks her mind, whether I agree with her or not).

On the other hand, if Obama won't come out and really address some of these lingering doubts about his family, or if he moves muslim looking people out of photographs, that's a big deal and should be discussed. Whether McCain called his wife a c-u-n-t once has what to do with anything? We already know he's got a temper....

But what really gets me is how Patters acts about it, like his poo doesn't smell while he's down in the gutter a few feet deeper than I am.
  9. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 13 / -7

Didn't Patters make a post like this about a week ago?

I guess he got tired of getting beat up on the Obama fathers day speech issue.

The Huffington page is right up their with the little green footballs.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

How many U.S. fighters did McCain destroy before ever seeing combat? Something like 5?
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

These despicable rumors are a ploy of the left to discredit McCain.. good thing that the right does not do this kind of stuff..
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's OKAY Patters............ everything is gonna be okay soon. :singing:

[​IMG]
    President Obama and his National Security Advisor, Mr. Pooh​
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

That is a pretty funny photoshop PiNY, but aren't you afraid images like that will help Obama yet the youth vote? :)
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He should do better than this guy:

[​IMG]
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Thats Dubya the politician at his best. Shaking babies and kissing hands.
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Something like.

GWB never wrecked a plane in training...btw.