Welcome to PatsFans.com

Desperate John McCain joins the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, May 1, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

John McCain swings right in desperate bid for political survival | World news | The Guardian

John Ladd points to the piles of empty water and Coke bottles, a yellow blanket and numerous other bits of debris abandoned on his cattle ranch in Cochise county, near Tombstone, Arizona. The sprawling estate, stretching 10 miles along the US-Mexico border, is a favoured route for those making the illegal, dangerous and often fatal, journey to what they hope is a bright new future.

Ladd recalls waking up one morning in 2004 and finding about 900 Mexicans milling about on his land. "You could not go anywhere without seeing one and the border patrol was screeching around everywhere," he says.....................

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,082 / 9 / -20

#87 Jersey

John McCain is a schill ... he likes attention ...

and his persona does not carry any weight in the political world ... in other words ... he is a strap hanger.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

My GOD, they're litterers too!

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

The Tea Party shouldn't allow him to join them, McCain can't be trusted, he should retire in Arizona and watch the illegal aliens taking a bath in his swimming pool, McCain is part of the problem of not keeping the illegal aliens out and so was Bush/Kennedy and the rest of those washington rats.

PRAY FOR ARIZONA THEY HAVE BEEN INVADED.

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,082 / 9 / -20

#87 Jersey

Do we need Arizona?

If we sell it to Mexico then technically we won't have an illegal alien problem anymore.

Speaking of alien ... whu don't we call them illegal humans or uninvited carbon units?

6. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

McCain swung right shortly after his 2000 election bid. Old news.

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its sad that a good man, a good public servant was forced to associate himself with that knucklehead from Alaska and now has to change his positions to deal with a competitor who thinks the gay marriage 'master plan' is to make it so people can marry their horses.

Senator, the people you've been representing have become unworthy of you. Retire and spend your remaining years playing with your grand kids.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -2

Ahahahahaha, it's all Sarah Palin's fault.

McLame is the ultimate finger in the wind politician. What's he stand for exactly? What are his guiding principles? This is the same man who pushed Amnesty on the American people, only to have to them throw it back in his face. I appreciate his service to his country, and have tons of respect for him, but as a politician, the guy is all over the place. Term limits please.

9. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I love the fact that eveyone is trying to go right to survive politically. John McCain is a war hero and has my utmost respect. That being said he is not a conservative and I hope he loses the election badly.

10. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Yeah, I don't care for Palin at all, but this was on McCain -- even if the party pushed it on him, it was his decision to cave.

I once had respect for him, but seems to me his ambition overcame principle.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -2

He never got my vote. As bad as Obama has been, I'm not sure McLame would've been any better. What a sad, and empty set of choices we had in November 2008. I'm with whomever it was who said they hope he loses this year. It's time for new blood. Term limits please!

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Totally agree with CW here.

What a pushover the guy was for the poison pill that was Sarah Palin. ANYONE would have been a better choice for VP. It was like the republican party was running a catch-up/reactionary campaign. Palin was supposed to be the cover for Hillary Clinton, and Michael Steele was supposed to be the answer to Obama for Black voters. In the end they chose people who had an exterior, but no substance. Voters responded.

But....lets make NO mistake about the downfall of John McCain. It was the 2000 election, and it all went sour in South Carolina, when he didnt have the ballz to respont to Karl Rove and his "Black love Child" dirty tactics.

Its a shame too, because McCain was a politician who was revered on both sides of the aisle.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -2

Exterior but no substance? It seems there was a lot of that in November of 2008.

14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh please. Remember that guy you were ball washing in here just a few short weeks ago? Scott Brown? You know, the clown who voted for health care before he voted against it?

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

The sad empty choices have been going on for quite a while now, Eisenhower/Stevenson,Kennedy/Nixon, Johnson/Goldwater, Nixon/Humphrey, Nixon/McGovern, Carter/Ford, Reagan/Carter, Reagan/Mondale, Bush/Dukakis, Clinton/Bush, Clinton/Dole, Bush/Gore, Bush/Kerry, Obama/McCain...

There are a few bright lights, but mostly dim bulbs..

Totally agree with term limits...