PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Desperate? Hungry? Is that seriously the Titans' game plan?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Patriots piledrive the Titans?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Yes!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Absolutely.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Yar.

• Obligatory comical 5th option: Yes!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like I said Sunday.... the game against the Titans will be a STATEMENT game and Tom Brady will find himself again during the game. Mark my words because I know I am right.

Best. Argument. Ever.

Its like I said Sunday.... the game against the Titans will be a STATEMENT game and Tom Brady will find himself again during the game. Mark my words because I know I am right.

/thread over

he knows

Last edited:

I've long since gave up on the who needs the game more crap and the statement game crap. Brady will have a big game when there's a mismatch ... then he'll gain confidence and perhaps be okay the rest of the way.

We may not be desperate as the Titans but we need a win pretty damn bad too here.

Do not take this game for granted.

Something about this game gives me weird, "Seneca Wallace in Week 14" vibes from last year... I can't even explain it... Vince Young is pretty awful, but he does have some playmaking abilities. Part of me wants to see Kerry Collins under center. Vince Young might just give the Titans enough of a spark to hang around Sunday.

Of course, if Tom is anywhere near on the mark, he should carve up the MASH unit that is the Tennessee secondary, and whomever takes the Titans' snaps would be a moot point... but this game still doesn't sit well with me... dunno why...

Okay.

Your argument is that the Titans win because Vince Young needs to prove himself.

. . .

In that case my argument would be any of the following:

:confused: :rolleyes: :ban?: :rofl: :nono: :wha: :blahblah: :yawn2: :idontgetit: :sleeping:
Good comeback.

To which i still have a point in which this defense will not know how to plan for an opposing QB who has not seen playing time in over A YEAR!

The patriots have a hard time playing against someone when they dont know his tendencies or who is his go to guy. Example when we faced Dallas BB was quoted as saying to his defense "you stop Witten and you beat the Cowboys" Witten was Romo's goto playmaker. Still is when hes in trouble.

Vince Young can run and (barely) throw. So it creates some mismatch problems. Also this Titans offense might throw a Wildcat formation in their because of how they can run the ball Young, CJ and White can all run fairly effectively and our defense has shown a problem in adapting to this wildcat.

Collins will be the QB.

I see from the poll results that we have failed to reach a consensus.

None-the-less, I expect the Pats to stomp the Titans.

Sean, I responded glibly because your argument is garbage. A year of bench doesn't make Young a hard player to plan against; it makes him a bad player. And Collins is probably playing anyway. Either way, if you're going to play the "QB needs to prove himself" card, then you need to do the same for the Patriots. A desperate Brady trumps a desperate Collins/Young.

our defense has shown a problem in adapting to this wildcat.
When have we played against the wildcat this season? I seem to have missed it.

If the Pats lose, I'm going to be mad at this thread.

Collins will be the QB.

That would actually be worse. Collins is much more capable of picking apart this defense than Young is. But then I'm stating the obvious...

The Titans were a great team that have been underperforming. Also adding a new QB who needs to "prove" himself means danger for the Patriots because they dont have any idea what or how they might use YOung.

Having Yong in their changes the offensive gameplan from when drunky is in their.

This is indeed a dangerous came that should not be taken lightly
this couldbe like the miami game last yr with vince young running the wildcat.:mad:

That would actually be worse. Collins is much more capable of picking apart this defense than Young is. But then I'm stating the obvious...

This may be the game where Kerry Collins becomes the new Tom

Brady like Kyle Orton did last week.

This may be the game where Kerry Collins becomes the new Tom

Brady like Kyle Orton did last week.

Works for me...Collins can play like the new Tom Brady, and Brady can play like the old Tom Brady! :D

Sorry TFB...still love ya, just couldn't resist a little joke there!

We are not going to overlook helping them to the worst record possible to enhance the 2nd rounder we have from them.

The Titans were a great team that have been underperforming. Also adding a new QB who needs to "prove" himself means danger for the Patriots because they dont have any idea what or how they might use YOung.

Having Yong in their changes the offensive gameplan from when drunky is in their.

This is indeed a dangerous came that should not be taken lightly

LOL.. So the unstable Vince Young, who is making his first start of the year, is more "dangerous" than their first string QB? The Titans must have been saving the real Vince Young until this game, making him purposely play awfully for a couple years so they could unleash him on the Pats.

Yup, Collins/Young sure showed us how it's done.

And wow, was my prediction off. 20-point spread? Get with the program, Crypto!

LOL.. So the unstable Vince Young, who is making his first start of the year, is more "dangerous" than their first string QB? The Titans must have been saving the real Vince Young until this game, making him purposely play awfully for a couple years so they could unleash him on the Pats.
Yea your uneducated.

Yup, Collins/Young sure showed us how it's done.

And wow, was my prediction off. 20-point spread? Get with the program, Crypto!

Wow crypto another valuable post. How about you keep being a fairweather fan and let the real fans talk sports.

Maybe the Titans should have stuck with desparate and hungry. That may have worked better than what they trotted out there today.

Get a ******* grip, SeanBruschi. I was being facetious, and I'm not a fairweather fan. That said, your prediction that they'd give us trouble because their QB needed to prove himself was a load of crap. The same could be said of Tom Brady. Do you really trust a desperate Vince Young or a Kerry Collins over a desperate Tom Brady?

Your expectations were ill-advised and turned out to be flat-out incorrect. Get over yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing