PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Desmond Trufant

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Although a couple of experts on the CBS mock had Trufant available at 29 a few weeks ago I sort of doubt he will be there. What do you think that the Patriots should do if he is available? I think that the Patriots should take him even though the Patriots number one need is WR.

He seems likes a Patriots type of personality and has excellent quickness (the next Assante Samuel?). In addition in reviewing the tape I cannot say I have ever seen a CB with such exceptional leaping ability; he is a burglar when the ball is in the air.

I could see Trufant still being there. He'd be an excellent pick for the Pats, though I feel they are in better shape in the secondary than they are at wide receiver, so I'm hoping their first pick is a WR.

The only way I see us keeping our first round pick is if Desmond Trufant, Sheldon Richardson/Sylvester Williams or one of the elite Guards fall to us.

Although a couple of experts on the CBS mock had Trufant available at 29 a few weeks ago I sort of doubt he will be there. What do you think that the Patriots should do if he is available? I think that the Patriots should take him even though the Patriots number one need is WR.

He seems likes a Patriots type of personality and has excellent quickness (the next Assante Samuel?). In addition in reviewing the tape I cannot say I have ever seen a CB with such exceptional leaping ability; he is a burglar when the ball is in the air.

My top 2 cbs are Xavier Rhodes and Trufant with Milliner trailing behind. So yeah I'd be ok with him at 29.

I would not be ok with Jamar Taylor at 29. Every time I see him mocked at 29 I cringe. Someone convince me otherwise.

The only way I see us keeping our first round pick is if Desmond Trufant, Sheldon Richardson/Sylvester Williams or one of the elite Guards fall to us.

Just curious why fans feel this way. Granted, I'm a casual follower of the draft, but IMO, BB is way better drafting 1st rd talent than he is picking second and third rd talent. I would rather he kept #29 and traded both the 2nd and 3rd to get into the early part of 2. Or, keep the 2nd and traded our 1 and 3 to move up in the 1st.
Look at the names of the players BB has drafted when keeping his 1st rd pick or has actually moved up in rd 1. Compare that to the names of our draft picks when he has traded back in the draft.

Just curious why fans feel this way. Granted, I'm a casual follower of the draft, but IMO, BB is way better drafting 1st rd talent than he is picking second and third rd talent. I would rather he kept #29 and traded both the 2nd and 3rd to get into the early part of 2. Or, keep the 2nd and traded our 1 and 3 to move up in the 1st.
Look at the names of the players BB has drafted when keeping his 1st rd pick or has actually moved up in rd 1. Compare that to the names of our draft picks when he has traded back in the draft.

People tend to have selective memory about BB's drafting in Round 2 and later. Everyone remembers Butler, Brace and Crable but everybody forgets about Gronkowski, Spikes and Branch and Vollmer. We've had some 1st rounders not work out too well either. Maroney and Meriweather come to mind.

i believe if he is availible, they should take him, he is my favorite player in the draft

not a big fan of trufant id much prefer banks or taylor but preferably a trade down to get taylor or banks around the 35-40 mark of the draft

not a big fan of trufant id much prefer banks or taylor but preferably a trade down to get taylor or banks around the 35-40 mark of the draft

I think you gotta take him in the unlikely event he gets to 29. It is more like that he (and most corners) will go before their projected position

yeah corners always seem to get over drafted i think taylor fits perfectly for the patriots and is better value but if theyre both at 29 im not sure what i would do

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back