PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain the huge risk with Browner, try to explain it. Consider everything.

I really want to understand this risk.

I explained it in my previous post you knuckle head!!!

Funny how I also mentioned 2 other players in that post and you only replied about Browner and ignored the rest. You're not good at this.

How can people whine so much about being linked with a WR who got 1300+ yards last season?

He got ~100 yards less and 3 TDs less than Calvin Johnson, why wouldn't you want talent like that added? Oh no he complained and acted like a diva before - so have many players, including current Patriots, too.

I'm sure their interest came before they signed LaFell.

I explained it in my previous post you knuckle head!!!

Funny how I also mentioned 2 other players in that post and you only replied about Browner and ignored the rest. You're not good at this.

You might be correct on Talib's issues. However, he only cost a 4th round pick and his 1.5 years with us still cost less than Jackson will for one season. You could also argue that Talib didn't really pay off, AND he cost less. He wasn't on the field during the most important games.

You really want me to waste space talking about Ochocinco whose only issue was having fun with the media?

You want to explain how Browner is a "huge risk"? I must have missed it. Your post didn't cover anything relating to him being a risky pickup that costs us next to nothing in return.

Browner can only help for what he's costing us.

Edit: I'm done arguing this anyways for now. It's not worth the time. It's all pointless anyways as the team is not going to trade for him for many of the reasons I've discussed.

You can save this quote if you'd like for when you think this trade will happen and I'll gladly eat crow for a player of his caliber. I just don't think that day is ever coming.

Jackson puts our offense on a totally different level we haven't had deep speed like his since early moss days. Anyone against a move like this is a fool. Doesn't mean it's going to happen but if you want to go all in for bradys last few years do it.

Also I don't see what's so bad about going all in and then sucking a year or 2 certainly worked well for colts.

Malcontent? Not on the field.

Clearly people don't remember 2011.

Inactive: 5 Reasons Why Philadelphia Eagles Receiver DeSean Jackson Was Benched | Bleacher Report

If my memory serves me correctly, there was one game that season where it was obvious Desean was giving zero effort and was going through the motions; literally jogging and walking during plays.

He would be deadly due to his explosiveness, but I don't think he is the best fit for our offense. Plus, he is drastically overpaid.

If we are going to give up a draft pick to take on a high paid receiver, I would much rather go after Vincent Jackson. He would provide the deep threat, size outside the numbers, and a true red zone threat outside of Gronk.

If we do make the trade for Desean, I think we would have to rip up his old contract and give him a new one. Maybe 2 years/15M? Wilfork would be a great trade chip because Philly's move to the 34 and they lack a true NT.

It would be awesome to add another explosive player, but I would rather it be someone else who fit our system better and wasn't a "gadget" play deep threat strictly.

You might be correct on Talib's issues. However, he only cost a 4th round pick and his 1.5 years with us still cost less than Jackson will for one season. You could also argue that Talib didn't really pay off, AND he cost less. He wasn't on the field during the most important games.

You really want me to waste space talking about Ochocinco whose only issue was having fun with the media?
You want to explain how Browner is a "huge risk"? I must have missed it. Your post didn't cover anything relating to him being a risky pickup that costs us next to nothing in return.

Browner can only help for what he's costing us.

hahaha you're clueless. He was all about himself with Cinci, a true cancer in every sense.

gets windy in Foxboro...a stiff breeze and Jackson would fracture both his ankles...no thanks.
I'm not supposing the Patriots should go out and get him more surprised at the mentality that demands quality performance on the cheap. Outside of rookie deals, that simply doesn't happen with established players.

Frankly, I'm pleased the Patriots are beginning to entertain the idea that great players make a great system even better.

Amendola for Jackson Straight up.:bricks:

Rather draft a receiver whose cap costs will be low on their initial contract.

He's playing for an abysmal franchise. I'm not surprised he has a drinking problem. I'm being 100% serious too. I legitimately think he's depressed about being stuck there and wasting his time.

He was arrested in college too...

While his team was #3 in the country.

Money issues aside, who wouldn't want to add a player as dominating as Jackson?

As for his character ...... none of us, who post on this or any other football forum, has the foggiest idea how Jackson would fit in with this team.

If BB figures it's a good mesh and he has the draft and cap resources to trade for Jackson then, write it up.

hahaha you're clueless. He was all about himself with Cinci, a true cancer in every sense.

He also went on to go beat the crap out of his wife.

Johnson is a legitimately terrible person.

This move would all but guarantee a SB provided the team stays relatively healthy.

This move would all but guarantee a SB provided the team stays relatively healthy.

with your track record, you're supposed say, "the deal isn't going to happen."

I think even with DJax, the team needs to upgrade at center, DT, backup TE, and a pass rusher - all of whom can be gotten in the draft.

with your track record, you're supposed say, "the deal isn't going to happen."

I think even with DJax, the team needs to upgrade at center, DT, backup TE, and a pass rusher - all of whom can be gotten in the draft.

It won't happen. ;)

What are the chances Chip releases Jackson like the Bucs did Revis? Or would that be cap suicide considering Jackson's contract is structured much different?

Amendola for Jackson Straight up.:bricks:

First off, I'm terrible at this kind of thing.

But I'd guess Amendola plus a third might get it done... that and Jackson being willing to restructure.

He was arrested in college too...

While his team was #3 in the country.

I'm probably the only one on here who has seen Blackmon in action at the bar. I wouldn't call him an "alcoholic" as much as a party animal. I've seen him either stone sober there, drinking bottled water and I've also seen him totally **** faced. If he was an alcoholic, it would be much more of the latter.

Can we just lock this thread and pretend we didn't read it?

It's not happening and it's not worth discussing. If you want DJax on the Patriots go play Madden 25 and make it happen there.

This is reality.

You know, you are probably right.

But for the 10,000th time, ITS FUN TO TALK ABOUT!!!! FUN FUN FUN!

Why does that bother some people so much? What is so difficult to understand about this concept? Fans ALWAYS get carried away with the "what-ifs" of big-name signings.

Hell, I get hard just at the THOUGHT of reliving Brady with a real #1 receiver again.

And you know what, after the Revis signing, you Reality-Only wannabe-forum-censors have lost all credibility and any and all legs to stand on. ;)

Forever.

That and a hearty YOU DONT OWN ME! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots