Derrick Burgess???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Did anyone see anything significant from him??, did not show up in the box score.. not that that can mean anything statistically, but did not hear his number at all yesterday..

There wasnt much pass rush at all yesterday from either team.

There wasnt much pass rush at all yesterday from either team.

he's not a stud rush end, as the pats had thought...... he's pretty average so far. i hope for some reason he can suddenly turn it on

-- FRITZ

pass rushers get there sacks in bunches he may have no sacks now but in 2 or 3 games he may have 5 or 6

but the way i see it even if he dose noting this year just have a guy that has played both 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE and played them both at a high level as dept it was still a good trade for the pats

they give 3rd round pick's on guy's like shawn crable who may never play in the NFL and give a 3rd for Duane Starks who was just bad

he will not have the MOSS Impact on this team put he was still a good pick up

they give 3rd round pick's on guy's like shawn crable who may never play in the NFL and give a 3rd for Duane Starks who was just bad
I suppose if expect nothing from all future third round picks because Crable got injured two years in a rown, and if you define a good trade as the type of trade we made for Starks, then I would have to agree with you the Burgess was a good trade.

But...

... for my money, Starks was a bust and Burgess hasn't done anything, and Burgess does not look better because Starks sucked, at least not in my opinion.

Right now, I see Burgess as backup depth, and giving up a third round pick for one year of Burgess so far has not paid off.

How many snaps did he see? I noticed that he was only in for a few in the Jets game

I suppose if expect nothing from all future third round picks because Crable got injured two years in a rown, and if you define a good trade as the type of trade we made for Starks, then I would have to agree with you the Burgess was a good trade.

But...

... for my money, Starks was a bust and Burgess hasn't done anything, and Burgess does not look better because Starks sucked, at least not in my opinion.

Right now, I see Burgess as backup depth, and giving up a third round pick for one year of Burgess so far has not paid off.

4 tackels and 1 sack is not a bust

he got he's 1 sack in the first game and then they stoped playing him as much because he is not a good run stoper and never was a good run stoper

he is a one trick pony a pass rusher and he cant get sack's if he is not on the field

he is a one trick pony a pass rusher and he cant get sack's if he is not on the field

I know he was not inactive, but was he on the field yesterday? I was looking for him but didn't see him.

Burgess started. I saw him out there the first couple snaps but didn't do much. Didn't see him the rest of the game.

the falcons scheme does alot to protect ryan

the pats were out to stop the run and gonzalez yesterday.......and they succeeded

case closed

He played end in their dime set. Didn't see him generate much pressure, even when Green sent Ryan running in his direction.

the falcons scheme does alot to protect ryan

the pats were out to stop the run and gonzalez yesterday.......and they succeeded

case closed

Guess you like discussion;).. still wondering how he is doing in this D...

What i have noticed from Burgess is that he gets a good push but he has no moves what so ever and relies only on a bull rush. Also, he is not quite quick enough. But IF and only IF he is given the opportunity i expect to see overload blitzes on his side because he gets good push and he can help others get sacks.

He looked active in the first game, but since #55 has done jack. I've been harping on this since week 2. The guy needs to show up or I hope we didn't throw away a 3rd rounder for someone who plays barely.

TBC has generated a much better pass rush than Burgess so far this season. Everytime i see pressure it's either TBC or Mike Wright.

What is with TBC's Freeney-esque spin move too? that is the most successfull move ive seen of anyone on this Dline all year.

good for him.

4 tackels and 1 sack is not a bust

he got he's 1 sack in the first game and then they stoped playing him as much because he is not a good run stoper and never was a good run stoper
1. I didn't say he was a bust. I said the trade has not paid off so far and that he hasn't shown himself to be worth a third round pick.

2. The Falcons were passing at the end and in the beginning and in the middle. They were in third and long many times. What did he do?

3. They stopped playing him because he was doing squat.

They hit, they miss... who knows, he might get a few decent plays in before the spring. Can't always be right on every guy (though some would like to think it's possible).

I was a little surprised by this thread. I had to drive somewhere yesterday and only listened to the game. Gino and Gil credited Burgess with putting pressure on Ryan forcing him to throw it away at least two times and I had the impression he had a solid game even if it didn't show on the stat line. I think those guys call the game well and I was pleased to hear Burgress's name called. It sounds like they were being a little generous and I will take it as true that there is alot of room for improvement.

Still Ryan is capable of carving up defenses and he didn't do that yesterday. Credit team defense and Burgess is a part of that.

Last edited:
First Galloway, now Burgess? Missing on a FA is bad enough, but this one would cost a couple of nice draft picks as well. Maybe Oakland was right???? I cannot believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back