PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Derrick Burgess: Is he making improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burgess, like the team, is in control of his own destiny, health willing. If he continues to show improvement thru the remaining games, he'll get an extention offer. Whether he agrees or not on the value set by BB is also up to him. There are always other teams for a guy who has shown he can play in the NFL. Great position for a young athelete to be in.

This is my line of thought. We did invest a 3rd round pick and a 5th rounder for him. I'm sure Belichick would want him to go through our offseason program and see if he can regain some of his speed and explosiveness he had before his injuries.

what about size.He looks like someone who is around 220 lb. a big issue he is a lighter slower version of mathis.

i like burgess - problem may be his size but it seems like he consistenly tries hard and keeps the motor running

Props to Burgess today. 6 tackles, 1 sack and he was generally flowing to the ball better than I have seen him in the past. He's making steady, week by week improvements in this defense. Good game today, Burgess (though still overshadowed by the kind of game TBC had).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots