PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Derrick Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No.

2. No.

3. :confused2:

They just brought in a sixth running for camp fodder. Something tells me if they were interested in Brooks (or vice versa) he would have been here before now to compete with the other LBs.

1. No.

2. No.

3. :confused2:

Ya know ....now that I've thought about it.

1) Alexander's replacement might be found in somebody already in camp.

2) The extent of Lenon's injury is unknown. Could be nothing. Camp is long so he still may have time to acclimate to the D.

3) Just because Derrick Brooks played primarily out of the 4-3 his whole career doesn't mean he'd be so easily accustomed to our scheme.

Thanks.:cool:

No one wants Brooks. The Raiders took Morlon Greenwood over Brooks this week. That tells me he is probably done.

He doesn't want to play on ST? Forget about signing here then.

Nope. Not interested. Maybe if we've been running the 4-3 for a few years now and Derrick Brooks, at age 26, was available - then yes. But not now.

If this team is going to play 4-3 all the time, they should sign Brooks up immediately. The coverage skills of Guyton and Mayo have been questionable to this point, and I think I'm being kind when I put it that way.

If this team is going to play 4-3 all the time, they should sign Brooks up immediately. The coverage skills of Guyton and Mayo have been questionable to this point, and I think I'm being kind when I put it that way.

I'd fully support this signing. Unless he has a foot amputated, Brooks would be an upgrade over Alexander.

Does Brooks have a problem being a backup?

No.

Derrick Brooks may be hall-of-fame worthy, but it's not like he has lost a half step; lost two steps is more like it.

i.e. Alexander will get cut and replaced by some jag. Not some useless old pro-bowler like Brooks.

I'm trying to be more positive.

Some Jag maybe. We don't really have too many linebackers in camp, a good many are DEs who are really situational pass rushers.

Of course Alexander doesn't seem to be able to play the position either, so...

Why are we discussing Alexander as if he is even close to a roster spot? I have Ninkovitch, Lenon, Ciurciu and even Tank Williams all ahead of him for a 9th LB roster spot if there even is one.

OUR EIGHT LINEBACKERS
Thomas, Burgess, Banta-Cain, Woods, Crable
Mayo, Guyton, Bruschi

Why are we discussing Alexander as if he is even close to a roster spot? I have Ninkovitch, Lenon, Ciurciu and even Tank Williams all ahead of him for a 9th LB roster spot if there even is one.

OUR EIGHT LINEBACKERS
Thomas, Burgess, Banta-Cain, Woods, Crable
Mayo, Guyton, Bruschi

Wasn't Ciurciu brought in specifically to replace Izzo on ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots