CB1 Fernando Bryant
FS James Sanders
SS Tank Williams
CB2 Jason Webster
CB3 Jonathan Wilhite

:D

Spot on my man....................I wouldn't change anything

So Ty Law will sign with New England?

I'm thinking Gaffney will be WR2 day1 though I hope Jackson can beat him out.

Law is not getting signed now that we have around 7 CBs on the roster. I'm thinking Bryant starts this year with Wheatley or Webster getting some reps at #3

Hobson will start over Mayo day1. Mayo is perfect fit as a 3rd down back. Let Hobson play ILB for 2 downs and bring Mayo in on 3rd down. It would be a great way to transition him to a starting role next year.

I don't see Meriweather starting over Sanders.

Law is not getting signed now that we have around 7 CBs on the roster. I'm thinking Bryant starts this year with Wheatley or Webster getting some reps at #3

Hobson will start over Mayo day1. Mayo is perfect fit as a 3rd down back. Let Hobson play ILB for 2 downs and bring Mayo in on 3rd down. It would be a great way to transition him to a starting role next year.

I agree with most of what you've said, except I DO see Meriweather starting over Sanders.

Spot on my man....................I wouldn't change anything
I would consider only starting 11 on offense and 11 on defense. Otherwise we will get a 5 yard penalty for 12 men on the field when all 12 defensive starters trot out.

Interesting point for someone familiar with the rules: The OP has 13 starters on offense. Is that still a five-yard penalty? Or would it be ten yards, five for each extra man?

Last edited:
Are we sure Dragosavitch is THAT good?

I agree with Whiza. Forget about Law. This team is getting 'younger and faster'. He was a great corner.

Mayo doesn't start day one, but does get significant playing time.

Meriweather won't start over Sanders, because Sanders is going to be starting at SS, and BM at FS. Harrison will still get a lot of PT, but he is really slowing down, and the young guys bring so much more speed and athletecism.

I hope we never know (i.e. we never punt)

Starters:

-offense-

QB Tom Brady
RB Laurence Maroney / Kevin Faulk
FB Heath Evans
WR1 Randy Moss
WR2 Chad Jackson
WR3 Wes Welker
TE Ben Watson

I think Gaffney is WR2 to open the year. I hope Jackson can take over that role at some point as his upside is obviously higher.

LT Matt Light
LG Logan Mankins
C Dan Koppen
RG Steven Neal
RT Nick Kazcur

Agree, but I think there's an outside chance O'Callaghan takes over at RT

-defense-

OLB Adalius Thomas
DE Richard Seymour
NT Vince Wilfork
DE Ty Warren
OLB Mike Vrabel
ILB Jerod Mayo
ILB Tedy Bruschi

I've got Seau starting inside with Bruschi if Junior comes back. I do see Mayo playing in the rotation at ILB joining some combination of Bruschi/Seau/Hobson.

CB1 Ty Law
FS Brandon Meriweather
SS Rodney Harrison
CB2 Ellis Hobbs
CB3 Terrence Wheatley

I don't see the Patriots signing Law, so my secondary looks completely different. CB1 is Hobbs CB2 is Bryant and CB3 is either Webster or Wheatley. Sanders is at FS and Harrison at SS. I see Merriweather getting a lot of time in sub packages and possibly starting at some point. My guess is that Wheatley will be brought along slowly and will only start when he is clearly outplaying the veteran cb's on the roster.

-special teams-

K Steven Gostkowski
P Mike Dragosavich
PR Wes Welker
KR Matt Slater
LS Lonnie Paxton

Don't see BB going with a rookie punter so I'll predict Hanson gets the job again next year.

Backups:

-offense-

QB Kevin O'Connell
RB Sammy Morris
FB Kyle Eckle
WR1 Jabar Gaffney
WR2 Kelley Washington
WR3 Sam Aiken
TE David Thomas

Torn at what to do at WR, keeping 2 guys who excel at kick coverage as opposed to catching passes seems like a luxury. Hopefully we see a little more competition signed in time for camp for the last WR spot. I hope there is a blocking TE brought in as well. Cassell or Gutierrez will be the main back up to Brady this year.

LT Wesley Britt
LG Russ Hotchstein
C Dan Connolly
RG Billy Yates
RT Ryan O'Callaghan

Probably will only keep 9 Olineman, so I am thinking Connolly is the odd man out.

-defense-

OLB Shawn Crable
DE Jarvis Green
NT LeKevin Smith
DE Mike Wright
OLB Pierre Woods
ILB Victor Hobson
ILB Junior Seau

Agree with everything here, other than I think Seau is a starter (atleast to begin the season) if he comes back.

CB1 Fernando Bryant
FS James Sanders
SS Tank Williams
CB2 Jason Webster
CB3 Jonathan Wilhite

Agree here as well, but I wouldn't be shocked if one of Williams or Wilhite is cut.

:D

I feel like we are a little thin at RB. Maroney was hurt a little last year and I didn't love our options behind him. It would be nice to have a little more youth and speed behind Maroney. Everyone else is either a FB/RB combo type player or is over 30 years old.

Love these unpreped interviews. Hopefully he gets to see Moss...

...run right by him this year

I would like to see a leaping contest for a fade pass between the two of them.

Only two TEs???

Ain't going to happen

I agree with everyone but the last one. No way Sanders starts. You have to be able to cover and tackle.
DW Toys

I feel like we are a little thin at RB. Maroney was hurt a little last year and I didn't love our options behind him. It would be nice to have a little more youth and speed behind Maroney. Everyone else is either a FB/RB combo type player or is over 30 years old.

You kidding? Morris was a revelation last year. Talk about coming through for the team when they needed it. The combo of him and Moroney is solid and entirely understated.

No way that Chad Jackson deserves billing over Jabar Gaffney. Jackson has yet to prove anything, and Gaffney has proven he can play over and over again, including the big games. Jackson needs to show something more than Combine numbers before we can see the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes