Welcome to PatsFans.com

Deportations up, illegal immigration down...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 2, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

Step back from the hysteria, but in the past it has been shown that deportations of illegals has increased under this administration..

This took place prior to the steps of Arizona and may only get better as they have just authorized 1200+ Border Agents...

But now one step further, illegal immigration is also down,

Illegal immigrant population is down in U.S., study reports - BostonHerald.com

For those of you who care to "study" this report can do so here...

U.S. Unauthorized Immigration Flows Are Down Sharply Since Mid-Decade - Pew Research Center
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 6 / -8

So our current hysteria reflects what precisely?

Please, one of you hysterical "Blame the 'illegals'" guys enlighten me.

The number of undocumented aliens is down, and we're deporting more of them. In other words, we're broker now with less influx. Maybe immigration is not some gargantuan curse ruining America.

Maybe Bear Sterns, Lehman, and AIG were not chock-full of "illegals" at the highest level.

Maybe the truth is we are in our epic mess because of good old-fashioned American capitalism being allowed to run roughshod over good old-fashioned Americans for a few decades.

Oh yeah one more thing - since we're now deporting more "illegals" and letting fewer in than before, why no xenophobic medal of honor for your president? Why not even a grudging gesture of support?

Hasn't he pretty much embraced your xenophobic agenda? Doesn't he have the numbers to prove that?

Should he pander to this sort of thing? Of course not. Does he? Of course. Frankly it makes me sick. But the know-nothing crowd regularly blubbers "That's not wrong enough! Be wronger!"

And hence, he gets my vote. You guys see the problem there, right?

PFnV
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  3. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why do my tax rates keep going up but my town services keep going down? The illegal immigrant population on Cape Cod is taking a huge toll on public services and the crime rate keeps going up.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I don't live in Cape Cod, or even in MA, for that matter, but I'm curious - do you have a link or stats to back the crime rates rising or the illegal immigrant population.

Your statements run contrary to national trends.
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

They sure seem to be mean spirited with all these deportations:rolleyes:….Seriously, I wonder if this trend continues and if it's reported as aggressively with all the accompanying racist innuendos that the AZ law was that it will backfire on the administration. I’d be willing to bet if someone did a poll and asked which party should be “blamed” for kicking the most illegal’s out, the republicans would be chosen by a wide margin.
  6. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, but I happen to know my town and info by way of friends on the Barnstable PD that drug business is way up; I know that the elementary school my son attends keeps cutting programs because of all the free lunches -- heck when I was in there the other day there was a whole family that didn't speak a lick of English who required both an interpreter and an advocate, followed by the school staff complaining about many such similar situations causing disruptions for the school, etc etc etc
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I didn't think so, but I do thank you for being honest about it.

That would be "word-of-mouth" and conjecture, I believe.....not something you'd find acceptable from a "leftie," therefore I don't feel too bad about viewing either statement with some scepticism.

[qoute] heck when I was in there the other day there was a whole family that didn't speak a lick of English who required both an interpreter and an advocate, followed by the school staff complaining about many such similar situations causing disruptions for the school, etc etc etc[/QUOTE]

Very unprofessional of them to discuss any personal situation of a student in the presence of non-staff, isn't it? I believe that's something they could lose their jobs, to say nothing of any possible teaching licenses, over.

As a parent, it would make me very nervous that either my child or myself would also someday be possible gossip-fodder for other parents to partake of.

Hope you're never in the office because one of your kids has a problem. It's really rough when the staff you trust takes the time to complain about your kid or yourself to your next door neighbor and the manager of the Dunkin' Donuts where you buy your daily cup of coffee.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Interesting - but where does it show the increase from previous years?

Also, it IS from 2007 - and national statistics do show a marked downswing in crime rates since that time.

In the first half of 2009, as unemployment skyrocketed, reported murders, forcible rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults decreased by 4.4 percent compared with the first half of 2008, according to the FBI.

Why are violent crime rates falling? - washingtonpost.com

When the economy goes down, crime goes up, right?

Apparently not, according to preliminary FBI crime figures for the first half of 2009, which show crime rates falling across the U.S.

The latest available figures follow a three-year trend of less violent crime, fewer property crimes and fewer arson incidents.

Falling U.S. Crime Rates - For Now | Crime, Law Enforcement & Corrections > Crime Statistics from AllBusiness.com
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Why should "Illegal Aliens" be rewarded and protected for breaking America's laws by entering this country in a criminal fashion, doesn't breaking the Illegal Entry Law encourage them to break other laws because they think they can get away with it or maybe even be "rewarded" for it.

PS
    How the hell do they wind up on Cape Cod?

:confused::confused:
  11. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Compare Barnstable with other non-city areas, it's very high. I'm not arguing all of the US, I'm arguing my town. Can you find a crime rate trend by county or zip code?
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

And just how do you (and possibly Khayos) know that the student and family in question are illegal aliens?

Or is that just another assumption on your part, Harry?
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

I'm not talking about "a student" or "a family" I'm talking about the Illegal Aliens on Cape Cod.
  14. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We have a large Brazilian contingent here, growing all the time. A lot of Eastern Europeaners too.
  15. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow, you're right. I have no idea what's going on in my own neighborhood. Could you be more ridiculous? Maybe you should step outside and talk to people more rather than relying on the internet and links to proof every argument.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I’m confused. This thread I think was started to point out that despite the hysteria from the right about the administration being soft on illegal’s the number of deportations has gone way up. Then the rest of it sounds like the right wants to harp on blaming crime etc. on illegal’s and the left fights back pointing out that crime actually has gone down so leave illegal’s alone. So what is it? Is the administration right in deporting these record numbers of illegal’s or are they over-reacting too? Is crime down because of the deportations or is it a coincidence? Why is the right being made out to be the bad guys in the media and the left(not to mention the Hispanic community)when it’s this democratic administration that is kicking out illegal’s in record numbers and why does the right pretend they are not doing that by calling them soft on it?:confused:
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

The Brazilians very seldom if ever make the news, the Framingham area has a lot of them also.

Question for do-gooders:
    How come The Racists never pick on Brazilians................?
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

It's a reasonable question, khayos - unless you're a big fan of racial stereotyping, which I'm not (and neither is the State of Arizona, of course) so just how did you know that the student in question is an illegal alien and not someone with a valid visa?

Maybe you should step outside your small town with a population of under 500,000 and talk to people who actually live in places like Chicago and New York where there are millions of people rather than rely on your personal knowledge of your one little school secretary and your friends on the police department?
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

The Cape Student:
    Is he an Illegal Alien...........:confused:
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 4 / -2

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............ Most of these studies are guesstimates. Worse, is even if their figures were correct, right down to the last criminal sneaking in, it means that over half a million illegals a year are free to stay, since less than 400,000 are deported. Of course, those deportations are being dismissed by our current government, at an alarming rate.

Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases | Immigration | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases

Critics assail the plan as a bid to create a kind of backdoor 'amnesty'

By SUSAN CARROLL
    Copyright 2010, HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Aug. 24, 2010, 9:00PM
    Billy Smith II Houston Chronicle

The Department of Homeland Security is systematically reviewing thousands of pending immigration cases and moving to dismiss those filed against suspected illegal immigrants who have no serious criminal records, according to several sources familiar with the efforts.

Culling the immigration court system dockets of noncriminals started in earnest in Houston about a month ago and has stunned local immigration attorneys, who have reported coming to court anticipating clients' deportations only to learn that the government was dismissing their cases.

Richard Rocha, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman, said Tuesday that the review is part of the agency's broader, nationwide strategy to prioritize the deportations of illegal immigrants who pose a threat to national security and public safety. Rocha declined to provide further details.

Critics assailed the plan as another sign that the Obama administration is trying to create a kind of backdoor "amnesty" program.