PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deon Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrazyeye

On the Roster
Reaction score
This kid is a FB out of UCONN who I remember hearing was one of the top special team players in the entire draft. this is what he said
"It looks really promising," Anderson said. "I'm getting a lot of information from my agent and from scouts. I guess the Patriots are pretty interested, and I'm taking a trip down to Dallas."

I wonder if he is a guy they have interest in just for his ST play or if he has any upside as a runner
Here is the whole article
http://www.connpost.com/sports/ci_5500956

Per NFLDraftScout.com
Off-the-field issues and academic struggles forced Anderson to leave Connecticut in 2005, when he did not play football. He was re-admitted to Connecticut in the spring of 2006, but only on the condition that he paid his own way.
-----
Has had several off-the-field issues that could have been the result of a medical condition that he was diagnosed as having back in March 2006 and needs to be monitored
-----
Anderson is a physical drive blocker, but limited in pass protection and has minimal value as a running back. He is a decent short-area receiver, but his special-teams play is reminiscent to the Saints' Fred McAfee, as he excels flying down field to break up the wedge. He could make a nice living on special teams, but on offense, his contributions will be limited to short-area blocking in the ground game.
The STs angle seems like the one BB would be looking at, we'll have to leave it to them to know how the medical condition and off-field issues fall out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back