Welcome to PatsFans.com

Deny It But It's True

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 2 / -9

Yes they will deny it, but the Liberal Sore Losing Bush Hating Media can't wait to spread the word, they can't hold themselves back from SHOUTING THE NEWS FROM THE ROOF TOPS when they hear another Soldier died in the WAR ON TERROR.

Liberal Bush Haters use the deaths as a weapon, this war is turning bad very fast, but when this war began the thing the Bush Haters never want to talk about is the fact that most Democrats, most Americans and most of the world believed in the WMD's and most believed that Iraq was tied to Terrorism and most of all to 9/11, many of the Democrat traitors that demonize the Hated Bush themselves VOTED FOR THE WAR.
    Then when no WMD's were found their true colors emerged, this was "red meat" for the Back Stabbing Sore Losing Haters, it was another "we got him now".

We should leave Iraq and we will but we can't just "pull out" it would be a very cruel thing to do to the decent innocent Iraqi's, the ones that want Democracy, the women that want to be allowed to ride in the front seat and the decent people that don't want to see their loved ones beheaded in the town square. (you very seldom hear from the Iraqi's that are supporting the war, the liberal democrat Media won't tell you)

I used to be a Democrat and now I am so glad that I am no longer a member of that vindictive HATEFUL WRETCHED JEALOUS group of sad spoiled children.
    THEY DISGUST ME.

AGAIN I WILL SAY IT AND YOU HATERS CAN DENY IT "THE LIBERAL SORE LOSING HATERS IN THE MEDIA AND ON THE STREET CAN'T WAIT TO SPREAD THE NEWS OF ANOTHER DEAD SOLDIER". (An you all know it)

Another Mass Grave The Media Ignores:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=akl_qUpCJNmk&refer=top_world_news

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

I guess by your line of reasoning is that we should continue with whatever it is called in Iraq so women can ride in the front seat. I also guess that the violence perpetrated by Saddam Hussein is worse than what has happened to the Iraqi people in the past three years...what is the estimated death count of the Iraqi's now between 33 and 37 thousand civilians. Which seems cruel to the innocent Iraqi's is that the factious and violent happenings in Iraq are part of the instability we created..not to say what Saddam did was right, but are things really that much better...talk about Republican Right Wing Talking points..methinks you get too much Newsmax and worldnet pablum..

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 2 / -9

There are two sides to every story, we seldom if almost never hear any of the good things that happen in this war. The mainstream elite liberal media doesn't know the meaning of "Fair And Balanced". They have an Agenda, that being "Destroy Bush" you saw it in Dan Rather, in his frenzy to "Get Bush" he ruined his life, his career and his Legacy.

Even the disgusting bellowing Ted Kennedy agreed that Saddam had to go, they all believed in the WMD's and the fact that Saddam would use them in a heartbeat, after all, he had already used them on his own "women and children".

Now the war has turned bad and we should eventually "get out" but say what you will about him, this President will NEVER SURRENDER and run, never, when we do leave it will be with honor, and there are millions of Iraqi's that will say "Thank You". (But I doubt you will hear about it, not from the NY Times anyway)

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT KEEP US FREE, THEY ALWAYS HAVE. I SALUTE THEM.

4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

GWB may never surrender, but as the support for this war wanes as it is doing right now, he may have to rethink his flawed strategy. Did you see the exchange last week between Neo Con Rice and Neo Con Rumsfield, first Rice says we may thousands of errors and then Rumsfield said Rice does not understand war. I find the abyss of leadership at the helm of this ship frightening and it looks more and more like Viet Nam every day. The only real difference between now and Viet Nam is that the economy is doing really well, and it seems that a lot of folk are distracted from what is going on right now in Iraq.

The mainstreet elite liberal media is a convenient talking point that Karl wants you to believe, thank god for them because if Fox, Newsmax, Worldnet was the source of our news we would think everything is just peachy in Iraq and there are no innocents killed in whatever we call what is going on there. We would all believe that this is part of the war on Terrorism and we would all believe the photo op of GWB standing on an air craft carrier proclaiming mission accomplished. The mainstreet elite liberal media is nothing more than a right wing talking point.

Something anecdotal that I know personally happened in Iraq was right after the elections a Platoon Leader and his Platoon, who my family and I know and send care packages to hit an ied. Several of the platoon died, their mission was to bring the votes from a suburb of Bagdad to Bagdad for counting. I was appalled, first because of the loss of life, but also because of all of the spin that heralded the "free" elections in this democratic regime. Seems liks such a wasted use of our troops in these free elections, we were led to believe that this was a democracy, I do not define democracies as countries that have to have foreign troops ferry their ballots to wherever they are counted.

Say what you want, but I think you need to read the SFTT, NYT, LAT and WaPo to get a balance, just as I read Rush, O'Reilly, Newsmax and Worldnet to try to get a clear picture of what is going on.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 15 / -12

Anyone who believed in WMDs believed in them because of our intelligence agencies. Obviously, Clinton did not believe those WMDs were an imminent threat. He was right. Bush, for reasons that no one has explained, believed those WMDs were an imminent threat, and thus had led us into a war that will turn his legacy into an embarrassment and has shattered the lives of thousands. We need to pull out of Iraq, but in a carefully coordinated manner to ensure that we do not leave a power vacuum.

6. BlueTalon

BlueTalon On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First of all, the liberal media had a stranglehold on the distribution of information for decades, and the main reason other news outlets exist, besides technology, is that there was a large market for the information that wasn't being delivered. (One good example is "the most trusted name in news" being in Iraq for the last decade and intentionally not reporting the real news in order to remain in the country. That not only wasn't helpful, it was downright misleading -- if they weren't in the country, we would at least know that we didn't know what was going on over there. Instead, we got puff pieces spoon-fed by Saddam and his Information Minister. Anybody relying on that information would come to the conclusion that all was well over there.)

Second, the drop in public support is in large part a direct result of the skewed reporting. If the mainstream media showed as much enthusiasm for reporting on rebuilt schools, roads, power and water infrastructure, etc. as they do for the latest IED or suicide bomber (and as much disdain for reporting IEDs and suicide bombers as they do for reporting on rebuilt schools), the public support would be much higher. Also, many of the polls on which the conclusion of falling support is reached are themselves skewed. And even when they aren't skewed, the best they can do is pool the collective ignorance of the people they poll in this country.

Finally, the fact that American troops were helping to "ferry their ballots" should not disqualify a fledgling democracy from being considered a democracy. I remind you that America required French help in our country's infant state, and had we not had that help, you would be speaking the Queen's English and paying taxes to the Great British Empire.

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

The point is do not bill it as some great victory for Democracy, call it what you want but do not stretch it either way, it is what it is a country in great chaos. I hardly think the soldiers who were killed and their families would not have envisioned that this would have been their role in Iraq when they went there. I know that the leaders were very disalusioned about the outcome and did not see the sense of doing what they were assigned to do.

The second point is if you read both sides you can get a much better view, a steady diet of either side makes will never tell the whole story.

8. BlueTalon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why is it not "some great victory for Democracy"? Iraq has gone from being a dictatorship to having had 3 nationwide elections. That sounds like a pretty big victory for democracy to me.

There is chaos, certainly. Violent crime is by nature chaotic. But do not fall into the liberal mental trap of thinking that there is a civil war going on. It's more like a Crips/Bloods/KKK/Black Panther crime spree, where one small group of people is trying to instigate something.

Your last two sentences don't make much sense, but if you're saying that troops and their families don't plan on those troops dying, you're probably right, but we all know it's a possibility when we go over there. However, I think it's interesting that you would make that observation, when the consistant word from the troops that are there is that they know why they are there, and they support the mission. In other words, if you are looking for support about the point you are trying to make about the troops, you are not going to get it from the troops. (And to anyone who points to Cindy Shehan to support their point, I would refer them to the entire rest of the family who disagrees with her, including her deceased soldier/son.)

9. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good post, Patters.

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

I got it from the Platoon Leader, a West Point Graduate, who was very disalusioned about his role and the loss of his troops on this mission. They were within two weeks of leaving when this happened, it made no sense to him.

11. BlueTalon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK, that's one anecdote, and a perfectly legitimate one. But if you're going to come to conclusions based on one anecdote, you'd better make sure it's representative. And in this case, it simply is not.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

I qualified my whole post stating it was anecdotal...

13. BlueTalon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fine, but you seemed to link it to the rest of your thinking when you went on to describe your opinion of Iraq and the way the troops are utilized and your definition of democracy.

Again, if you are going to let one acnecdote influence the way you think about issues and view events, you would be better served to ensure that one anecdote is representative -- unless, of course, you'd rather not be bothered by representative anecdotes.