PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver trades Foxworth to the Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did they trade a middle-aged mustachioed comedian to the Falcons? I didn't even know the dude could play football.

Oh. Wait. I read that too fast. Never mind.

;)

If you get me confused for an NFL cornerback... YOU might be a redneck ;)

No F'n way - A 7th?? that can't be right. Shanahan is an idiot. I guess he just wanted Foxworth out of the conference but please... that's just giving away a good player.

Looks like the Pats just didn't want to give away their 6th round pick for this guy. If that makes Shanahan an idiot, what are you saying about BB? :confused:

If you believe that Foxworth is not an improvement over Lew Sanders, then you might be a redneck...

I wish I could remember one of Foxworthy's punch lines. Some of them were hilarious.

If you believe that Foxworth is not an improvement over Lew Sanders, then you might be a redneck...

I wish I could remember one of Foxworthy's punch lines. Some of them were hilarious.

My favorite was the difference between sophisticated people and rednecks.

Sophistacted people invest their money in stock portfolios. Rednecks invest their money in commerative plates!

Sophistacted people go to art auctions. Rednecks have yard sales!

Sophistacted people have retirement plans. Rednecks play the lottery!

Funnier in a dopey southern accent though ;)

And now that I'm sufficiently off topic, I think it's reasonable to say that, even if BB valued Foxworth higher than L. Sanders, the minor boost was offset by the draft pick and the fact that in order to bring him in you'd likely cut Sanders right off the bat to make room. Then if you were wrong and he ISN'T a better fit for your team, you're short a pick and might not get the other guy back.

Too much risk for only the potential of a slight increase to the #5 corner.

If you've got a home that's mobile, and five cars that aren't, you're probably a redneck.

"If you bought a brand new TV that sits on top of an old/broken TV, you might be a redneck."

"If you own an entire set of salad bowls that all say Cool-whip on the side of them, you might be a redneck."

Two of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing