PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver the better team??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
you know, i was reading some post saying 'Denver was the better team tonight', and they outplayed us....

really? I don't think that they were the better team at all, actually...I think the better team lost....does that make sense? I actually believe New England is a better team than Denver. Take away those turnovers and Denver loses.

If I were Denver I would be worried after last night, they are not a Superbowl winning team. And with Pitt coming to town, and with the way they play on the road...

I would be very worried, and IMO, if the same team shows up next week, Pitt will dominate...

We beat you TWICE this year, idiot!

What more do the Broncos need to do to prove they are the BETTER TEAM?

BusterTBronco said:
We beat you TWICE this year, idiot!

What more do the Broncos need to do to prove they are the BETTER TEAM?

Win 3 out of 4 superbowls, or even win ONE super bowl without manipulating the Salary Cap rules. That would be a good start.

NEM said:
In all of sports, and in all of life, there are times when the BETTER, for that game, does not win. Last night was a good indication of it....

The Broncos went 2-0 vs the Patsies this year.

You are our *****!

Now git back in the kitchen and make us some pie!

> I think the better team lost....does that make sense?

Yep. Before last night, i was afraid that Denver was the better team. But, after watching the game, i'm convinced New England was the better team. We had their number on offense and defense. Our special teams did better overall.

Denver won it by making key plays at key moments, and by minimizing their own mistakes. And with that, Denver deserves a congrats for coming out on top: nice game, Broncs, well played.

>> What more do the Broncos need to do to prove they are the BETTER TEAM?
> Win 3 out of 4 superbowls..... That would be a good start.

Bingo! :)

Hey nitwits, please explain to me how your so-called "better team" went 1-4 vs the AFC West this year.

The Broncos went 5-1 vs the AFC West.

Goodbye! Losers.

Denver was a zero, we were a negative. I guess that makes them the better team. But they surely didn't impress me.

BusterTBronco said:
Hey nitwits, please explain to me how your so-called "better team" went 1-4 vs the AFC West this year.

Goodbye! Losers.

Is there any way to ban him? Most of his little kid buddies are gone now, it's almost nice around here again. I'm getting really sick of explaining (not arguing) the same points to him and his like over and over again.

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
Take away those turnovers and Denver loses.

I would be inclined to agree with that statement; however, you could say that about 75-80% of football games. We were doing something out there that caused you guys to shoot yourselves in the foot. Just because we didn't come out of the gate and blow you guys out of the water, doesn't mean we didn't deserve to beat you. We controlled three important attributes of the game: field position, turnovers, time of possesion. The Steelers came out and manhandled the Colts early and often, and we didn't. For that reason, a lot of people will favor Pittsburgh.

It's easy to say that the Patriots beat themselves with the turnovers, but I haven't seen a team cause you guys to make so many mistakes in a big game as we did. Our offense proved very little outside of Plummer's handle of the offense and occasional big play, so that is a concern. We will not get another PI call such as the one we did against you either...so we need to execute better on offense. It was our defense and special teams that proved to be the kryptonite to your Superman. I know Brady had a big time game passing against us, and every time he dropped back with solid protection I stopped breathing.

Good luck next year. I know Belichick will rally the troups and be back stronger than ever much like he did 3 years ago.

gobroncos said:
I would be inclined to agree with that statement; however, you could say that about 75-80% of football games. We were doing something out there that caused you guys to shoot yourselves in the foot. Just because we didn't come out of the gate and blow you guys out of the water, doesn't mean we didn't deserve to beat you. We controlled three important attributes of the game: field position, turnovers, time of possesion. The Steelers came out and manhandled the Colts early and often, and we didn't. For that reason, a lot of people will favor Pittsburgh.

It's easy to say that the Patriots beat themselves with the turnovers, but I haven't seen a team cause you guys to make so many mistakes in a big game as we did. Our offense proved very little outside of Plummer's handle of the offense and occasional big play, so that is a concern. We will not get another PI call such as the one we did against you either...so we need to execute better on offense. It was our defense and special teams that proved to be the kryptonite to your Superman. I know Brady had a big time game passing against us, and every time he dropped back with solid protection I stopped breathing.

Good luck next year. I know Belichick will rally the troups and be back stronger than ever much like he did 3 years ago.

Very well said. I'm not so sure about your ability to cause the turnovers, but the way you put it is quite correct, to me.

I'm not so sure people will favour Pittsburg. The Colts played like crap. We'll see anyway. Good luck.

gobroncos said:

------------------------

I think we coughed it up as opposed to any real takeaways, except for CB, and my wife coulda caught that ball. We lost the game ourselves and that is why so many loyal fans in here find this one hard to swallow, esp in the BB & TB era...whether they are or not, Denver should be worried, esp if Lebeau has that solid a game plan next Sunday...let me go so far as to predict that all the pressure will cause Jake to make mistakes, potentially game -losing ones....we'll see what happens...and the officiating this weekend was unacceptble...this is the playoffs, get it right and I am more than happy...

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
------------------------

I think we coughed it up as opposed to any real takeaways, except for CB, and my wife coulda caught that ball. We lost the game ourselves and that is why so many loyal fans in here find this one hard to swallow, esp in the BB & TB era...whether they are or not, Denver should be worried, esp if Lebeau has that solid a game plan next Sunday...let me go so far as to predict that all the pressure will cause Jake to make mistakes, potentially game -losing ones....we'll see what happens...and the officiating this weekend was unacceptble...this is the playoffs, get it right and I am more than happy...

I agree with all this, as well. I really don't understand why so many Bronco fans (and some choice New England ones) continually tell us off for being frustrated.

I don't know about the pressure against Denver though. I think I would've said that about this game too, and that certainly didn't happen.

BusterTBronco said:

Goodbye! Losers.

Buster, dont even bother, that's sour grapes youre arguing against. These group of idiots don't think any of our turnovers last night were legit, even though we were amongst the league leader in that department. I could easily point out cases where we left points on the field too, but i'd be wasting my breath. Let them have their "moral" victory..we get to host the AFC Championship next week....wakka wakka....

p.s. To the idiot who said that "We've won 3 out of 4 superbowl championships, that proves we're the better team"....those Superbowls were in the past....using that logic, the Niners were the best team in the league this year because they have five Superbowl wins....moron.

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
------------------------

Stupid....what caused that errant throw? Perhaps Nick Ferguson applying pressure to Tom Brady in the first place? 4 turnovers were forced by the Broncos, and thats why you lost. If forcing turnovers don't count for anything in your world, that's fine....the last 4 Superbowl champs in this order were the Rams, Bucs, Colts, and Colts.

broncoted said:
Stupid....what caused that errant throw? Perhaps Nick Ferguson applying pressure to Tom Brady in the first place? 4 turnovers were forced by the Broncos, and thats why you lost. If forcing turnovers don't count for anything in your world, that's fine....the last 4 Superbowl champs in this order were the Rams, Bucs, Colts, and Colts.

Dude, you really need to stop talking on this board. To say Brady was pressured into that pick is just silly. The worst part is you're actually serious.

We're not saying the turnovers "weren't legit". We're just saying you didn't force most of them (by force I mean your players being consciously responsible for jarring the ball loose/causing the interception). You berate us for not accepting the forced turnovers, yet you hardly ever refute what we say, perhaps because when you do (Ferguson) you're wrong.

Personally I WAS quite bitter, but now I'm just telling the truth. Sorry man.

broncoted said:

---------------

did NIck throw the ball??? That ball should have been thrown away...i.e. we coughed it up...ne ways dude, you guys are toast next week if pitt does not turn the ball over...the Bronco's are not a playoff team and they don't belong...sorry man...

I guess all I can say to the Bronco fans is good luck in the Super Bowl but Carolina will kick your ass. And then we will congratulate you on becoming the first 5 time loser of the big game.

You will beat the Squeelahs next week as the Bus gets towed to the wrecking yahd.

Turnovers are a critical part of the game and we got a painful reminder of that. If you are able to factor out the turnovers, I only gave a slight edge to the Patriots in overall play. In fact, the tone was very uncomfortable all night and maybe the Broncos would have found another way to beat us.

Last edited:
I'm probably the only one here, but I think the better team won.

The Patriots did not play like champions and did not deserve to win, no matter how bad the calls by the refs were, we've had that before and have always overcome such adversity.

We played without key players on offense and defense nearly all season, and again last night.

Any other team would use that as an excuse, but we never have - we've always overcome such adversity before and won.

We did not win last night. We did not deserve to win. We did not play like champions.

Only by admitting this will we be able to start the process of winning the SB next year.

The Broncos were the better team last night and they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back