PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought denver would contend for the AFC west title. guess not.

But, isn't it

More fun ...

More homey ...

Less businessy ...

in Denver?

The way you guys talk about Cutler one would think he's a Grossman clone. Nevermind the guy had thrown less interceptions then Peyton Manning or that he has completed 65% of his passes while throwing down the field more then the majority of the quarterbacks in the league.

Of course it's much easier to say his decision making sucks or that he lacks poise and is only a gunslinger. He plays for the Broncos, right? Sorry guys, the facts tell me otherwise.

Cutler's mechanics are sloppy. He has lazy feet and and an inconsistent arm angle. IMO Cutler's numbers are aided by Shanahan's brilliance. Just as Shannahan was able to coax stellar passer ratings out of the previously awful Plummer, using rollouts and bootlegs, now he helps Cutler lift his completion % and lower his INT %. The Denver O-line is not suited to Cutler's strengths as a drop back passer. These light agile O-linemen are overpowered when asked to transition to pass blocking. Denver has to decide what offense they want, the traditional Denver O or that designed for drop back passer. I'm not high on Cutler, but I may be biased because I didn't like him college and I want to be right about him being "wrong".

Re: Denver Sucks..

while we're at it...what does ircc and 10 characters mean?

10 characters - you can't type a message with less than 10 letters and spaces. (10 characters is 13)

ie - can't type

I agree

or

bump

etc

If you do you get an error message from the site - post must contain at least 10 characters.

Last edited:
If the 2007 season isn't proof that Denver has an impeccable sense of timing when playing the Patriots then I don't know what is. This is the 2nd time in the last 13 seasons that Denver hasn't had the Pats on their schedule. What was the other year? 2004 - when NE had its greatest team (to this point).

Just think about how they lost last year to a bad SF team at home when a win would have put them in Foxboro in January with Cutler starting his first playoff game.

To bad the Patriots didn't get to kick em while they are down.

Cutler is a JAG. :rocker:

Shanny had BB's back over the Spygate episode. While I hate Denver simply
because they have been, and almost always are, a thorn in our side, Shanny
came up quite a bit in my book.

Champ Bailey looked pitiful last night. WR Johnson tooled him with speed and strength.

Hopefully Champ is playing hurt, because otherwise he is JAG.

PS: The Denver D line could be the worst in football this season.

Champ Bailey looked pitiful last night. WR Johnson tooled him with speed and strength.

Hopefully Champ is playing hurt, because otherwise he is JAG.

PS: The Denver D line could be the worst in football this season.

Calling Champ a JAG is borderline ******ed. The problem with Champ this year is the D-line. He plays the run too much to compensate. He is our best tackler, but come on Champ, just play corner. Play action and double moves have hurt him as he is peaking in the backfield so much.

Cutler has two issues. He's raw (footwork and reading the D). But the big problem is our OL is HORRIBLE. Both our tackles are a complete joke! Daniel Grahams ability to hold the edges for us has been a big plus. Our line completly fell apart after he left the game.

Couldn't happen to a better team.
Make this year even better to see them and their ratface coach miss the playoffs. Wonder how their fans will spin this.

Shanny had BB's back over the Spygate episode. While I hate Denver simply
because they have been, and almost always are, a thorn in our side, Shanny
came up quite a bit in my book.
BB and Shanahan have always had a healthy respect/admiration for one another. And aside from this year I'm always nervous about playing Denver. I think their coach is a big notch below BB, but he's closer than most others, IMHO.

Last edited:
Calling Champ a JAG is borderline ******ed. The problem with Champ this year is the D-line. He plays the run too much to compensate. He is our best tackler, but come on Champ, just play corner. Play action and double moves have hurt him as he is peaking in the backfield so much.

Cutler has two issues. He's raw (footwork and reading the D). But the big problem is our OL is HORRIBLE. Both our tackles are a complete joke! Daniel Grahams ability to hold the edges for us has been a big plus. Our line completly fell apart after he left the game.
Well Denver also has no D to speak of. Bailey and Bly do not strike fear in the hearts of opposing teams. Your LB corps was bound to suffer as soon as Wilson left and it definitely is suffering. Your DL is eh, nondescript at best and awful at worst.

Looks like shanny's got lots of work to do in the offseason.

Couldn't happen to a better team.
Make this year even better to see them and their ratface coach miss the playoffs. Wonder how their fans will spin this.

Watch Denver somehow beat NE next year and then they'll brag how the Pats only went undefeated because they didn't play Denver. That sentiment is brewing around the Bronco boards anyway.

Watch Denver somehow beat NE next year and then they'll brag how the Pats only went undefeated because they didn't play Denver. That sentiment is brewing around the Bronco boards anyway.

as much as it sucks to say, those bastards do seem to be able to kick our asses now and again..and every time we play, some of our guys get crippled.

The thought that Cutler might be a JAG or anything remotely similar is moronic. Anybody putting forward that idea is talking out of their ass.

He has the fourth highest yards per attempt in the league. He has a 90+ passer rating. His first 16 games as a starter in the league rank as one of the best for any debuting QB in the history of the league. The offense is young, the defense is younger. They make mistakes and are inconsistent and are doing exactly what I thought they would do this year. The lone bright spot all year long has been the play of Cutler.

7-9 as a low point in a rebuilding process is very good. They'll be better next year, especially if they add at DT in free agency and a stud LB and OT in the draft.

Cutler a JAG?!?!?! thppptttt!!! idiots abound.

To bad the Patriots didn't get to kick em while they are down.

Cutler is a JAG. :rocker:

they do, shanahan should be mentioned as a coach on the hot seat. their offense is totally dysfunctional: they draft a QB w/ the strongest arm, but feature a smallish run blocking o-line, which doesnt give enough time for deep routes to develop. and even if the line offered protection they dont have any receivers that can go deep. they would have been better off sticking w/ plummer and his play action roll outs.

as much as it sucks to say, those bastards do seem to be able to kick our asses now and again..and every time we play, some of our guys get crippled.

No, not NOW, next year maybe....which is what really pisses me off. They'll likely be playing a little better and the Pats couldn't possibly be this good next year.

The Pats may be even better next year.Talk about scary.Denver can't beat the squad we have this year.I've feeling that if the Pats are SB Champions our 1st game of the 2008 season might be against the Broncos.

Cutler will be fine. I was skeptical of him originally, but he's coming along nicely. He's not a world beater and he makes a lot of stupid mistakes, but he's also learning on the job.

Champ Bailey, OTOH, has come crashing down to earth this year. In the Denver games I've watched, I would personally make him a target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back