PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

denver hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the media doesn't harp on it over and over again so what do you expect?

What the Broncos did was far worse than pointing a camera at a sideline to steal signals that are easily viewed by everyone in the stadium, but that doesn't fit the narrative.

People want to believe the Patriots were taping teams during games and using that footage at half time to decode what they're doing and gain an advantage. Though there's never been any proof of it and it's completely foolish to think there is/was enough time do so.

The fact is the Donkeys cheated and the Pats broke rules, too.

I mentioned this on there board when they used the original cheatriots tag. I told them if there is one fan base that should not talk about cheating it would be them. If what we did was "cheating" then Shanahan hiring lip readers and putting them in the stands to read the opposing coaches playcalls makes that a wash. Nothing compares to cheating the cap. TWICE! Same with 49er fans.

I don't go to the pedophile site.

Well the media doesn't harp on it over and over again so what do you expect?

What the Broncos did was far worse than pointing a camera at a sideline to steal signals that are easily viewed by everyone in the stadium, but that doesn't fit the narrative.

It is hard to figure how even neutral observers dismiss the Broncos salary cap violations.

If you're facing a team that you know will try and steal your signals, you can change your signals.

If you're facing a team that has a better roster because they spent beyond the salary cap, what can you do?

Some teams seem to lead a charmed life, media-wise. Von Miller bribing the sample collector so he could pass his drug tests has been basically forgotten.

Barstool is far from a pedophile site. But that link is to 98.5

Unless I am mistaken Barstool is the site that ran naked pictures of one of Brady's kid's. The guy is a complete and total scumbag. If I am mistaken I will gladly retract it because i wouldn't stick with that statement if that is untrue.

Unless I am mistaken Barstool is the site that ran naked pictures of one of Brady's kid's. The guy is a complete and total scumbag. If I am mistaken I will gladly retract it because i wouldn't stick with that statement if that is untrue.

Brady never took legal action and never requested the photo be removed from the site ... if wrong I stand corrected. I thought it was wrong ... but it's not my kid and I still visit the site.

Fans will say, "Just because someone else broke the rules doesn't make what BB did okay". No, it's about throwing stones from your glass freakin houses.

I mentioned this on there board when they used the original cheatriots tag. I told them if there is one fan base that should not talk about cheating it would be them. If what we did was "cheating" then Shanahan hiring lip readers and putting them in the stands to read the opposing coaches playcalls makes that a wash. Nothing compares to cheating the cap. TWICE! Same with 49er fans.

If the Broncos were dominant after that, then I am sure it would be news. The Pats are going to their 8th AFC Championship in 12 years. Given the level of hatred that creates in the AFC team fan bases (the "Why is it always the Patriots?" factor), the media would ultimately find something negative to report to placate the masses (the Hernandez story would somehow become indicative of gun running and mob enforcement at the team level, embraced by BB and Kraft). Spygate was just easy fodder and a quick out for every fan in denial who believes the only answer for team failures is cheating (How did it help? Who knows, but no need to explain.). Logic and reality need not apply. No story works without a villain, so hello BB and our New England Patriots.

By way of comparison, the Donkeys have typically been competitive (only 2 losing seasons in 12 years), but in the same stretch have been to 1 AFC Championship game (loss), 5 lower rounds, and are 3-5 in the playoffs. That doesn't really say ridiculously dominant, or "here every year." If they did cheat (and the salary cap is an obvious 'yes' to cheating), then it obviously didn't help too much. The story dies and falls into history. The Pats are here and now. Embrace the hate.

Brady never took legal action and never requested the photo be removed from the site ... if wrong I stand corrected. I thought it was wrong ... but it's not my kid and I still visit the site.

Publishing naked pictures of anyones children is an open invitation to the perverts. I thought Barstool should have been shut down the second they did it and i have never and will never go to their site since then. The guy is a complete piece of sh.t.

I am just going to leave it at that Icy, i have said py piece and don't want anything to detract from the game this weekend.

I am just going to leave it at that Icy, i have said py piece and don't want anything to detract from the game this weekend.

speaking of Denver hypocrites I used to have several salesmen from the Denver area that would call me. Both were casual Bronco fans ... and I would get personal hypocrite stories regarding the Broncos from them ... they hated the fandom over there ... mass depression in that city/area when they lose ... their fans are obsessed and devoid of reality.

If the Broncos were dominant after that, then I am sure it would be news. The Pats are going to their 8th AFC Championship in 12 years. Given the level of hatred that creates in the AFC team fan bases (the "Why is it always the Patriots?" factor), the media would ultimately find something negative to report to placate the masses (the Hernandez story would somehow become indicative of gun running and mob enforcement at the team level, embraced by BB and Kraft). Spygate was just easy fodder and a quick out for every fan in denial who believes the only answer for team failures is cheating (How did it help? Who knows, but no need to explain.). Logic and reality need not apply. No story works without a villain, so hello BB and our New England Patriots.

By way of comparison, the Donkeys have typically been competitive (only 2 losing seasons in 12 years), but in the same stretch have been to 1 AFC Championship game (loss), 5 lower rounds, and are 3-5 in the playoffs. That doesn't really say ridiculously dominant, or "here every year." If they did cheat (and the salary cap is an obvious 'yes' to cheating), then it obviously didn't help too much. The story dies and falls into history. The Pats are here and now. Embrace the hate.

They won two SB's during that period I would say that helped them.

They won two SB's during that period I would say that helped them.

I wasn't claiming it didn't help them in 1996 to 1998. I am certain it did. But the calendar on the wall says it 2014, not 1998. The disciplinary action was in 2002 and 2004. That would be nine years ago, or several lifetimes for most NFL players. 1998 was 16 years ago.

The head coach is gone. Elway and every member of that 1998 team are gone (I realize he is an administrator for the Broncos now, but he was a player at the time of that scandal and the issue dealt with management). There are plenty of historical scandals. The reason Spygate remains a topic of discussion is directly related to the team's current success and visibility, and continuity in the coaching that goes back to the scandal itself. If BB or another member of the staff at the time of that issue were not the current head coach of the Patriots, then the issue doesn't work and I suspect media and fans would have to search for something else to squawk about when the team wins championships consistently.

I'm not sure I agree Masspats38.

When Belichick and Brady are gone. And if the Patriots stop winning. People will still use spygate as a way to take a jab at a pats fan. Nobody will ever use capgate besides us Pats fans against Broncos fans and only when they mention spygate.

I wasn't claiming it didn't help them in 1996 to 1998. I am certain it did. But the calendar on the wall says it 2014, not 1998. The disciplinary action was in 2002 and 2004. That would be nine years ago, or several lifetimes for most NFL players. 1998 was 16 years ago.

The head coach is gone. Elway and every member of that 1998 team are gone (I realize he is an administrator for the Broncos now, but he was a player at the time of that scandal and the issue dealt with management). There are plenty of historical scandals. The reason Spygate remains a topic of discussion is directly related to the team's current success and visibility, and continuity in the coaching that goes back to the scandal itself. If BB or another member of the staff at the time of that issue were not the current head coach of the Patriots, then the issue doesn't work and I suspect media and fans would have to search for something else to squawk about when the team wins championships consistently.

I think the biggest factor is that the Pats scandal happened in the age of internet and smartphones. The internet was far less common in 2002, smartphones didn't exist, and there weren't twenty different ESPN's. A time when people would mostly get their sports from the local news, newspapers and maybe sports center for some. Back then you might see a couple stories over a week in the mainstream media but now you have dozens of websites for just one team, with several articles every day on just that team. I mean, how many stories would your local media going to make about Denver? People want articles about their own team not every day about another. There used to be limited time and space to devote to sports, in the internet age there are no limits.

Whenever a coach gets fired I get it shot directly to my phone. There almost as many people writing stories as reading them. I think it's just a completely different world between 2002 and 2007. I'd bet many Denver fans don't even know about the scandal unless they watched the news for the few weeks following the incident.

speaking of Denver hypocrites I used to have several salesmen from the Denver area that would call me. Both were casual Bronco fans ... and I would get personal hypocrite stories regarding the Broncos from them ... they hated the fandom over there ... mass depression in that city/area when they lose ... their fans are obsessed and devoid of reality.

You just made this up! WTF is a casual Bronco fan? Sales men? Used car salesman probably! This story describes most you arrogant ass patriots fans.
I have been coming to this site for quit a few years now. Great political forum.
Go ahead and ban me now.

I'm not sure I agree Masspats38.

When Belichick and Brady are gone. And if the Patriots stop winning. People will still use spygate as a way to take a jab at a pats fan. Nobody will ever use capgate besides us Pats fans against Broncos fans and only when they mention spygate.

Doesn't really matter to me. For one thing I know the truth, and the truth is that Cowher was right, it was a crime of arrogance, not "cheating." that led to any wins. Belichick should have heeded the memo but he blew it off in the same way that he responded to Goodell's memo about accurate injury reports by putting every player on the team on the next injury report. Belichick's fault but imo he too never had any inkling it would be turned into a crime against humanity. Beyond that i have my friends who i talk football with who don't like the Patriots completely conditioned at this point, if the word "spygate" comes out then the conversation is over, period. Next subject, and by this point they understand that any mention of it really does mean that the discussion is over, i am a real prick about it. They don't even bother to go there anymore.

Broncos are the biggest cheaters in the league. 29 mill in salary cap is pretty friggin big....I knew they cheated the cap but didn't know it was that bad. That could easily be 3-4 more pro bowlers on the team. Back then 29 mill was much more than it is now. Probably closer to 40 mill today with inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back