PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Crowd Chants ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats/Hokies Fan

On the Roster
Reaction score
Okay, pardon my lack of NFL knowledge here... but what exactly does the Denver stadium chant out after a 3 & out or on any good defensive play (it seems) ?

It's definetly 3 letters or 3 syllables... heck... even the videogames do it, but I can never seem to figure it out.

X - Y - Z !!!!

(You'd think with all the times we've played denver in the past 5 years I'd know this.... but nope.)

Pats/Hokies Fan said:
Okay, pardon my lack of NFL knowledge here... but what exactly does the Denver stadium chant out after a 3 & out or on any good defensive play (it seems) ?

It's definetly 3 letters or 3 syllables... heck... even the videogames do it, but I can never seem to figure it out.

X - Y - Z !!!!

(You'd think with all the times we've played denver in the past 5 years I'd know this.... but nope.)

Hee Haw? :p

PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
IN-COM-PLETE

Pretty lame if you ask me.

Wow. Is that all ? Man, who started that madness ?

Oh well, thanks for the info.

What happens if it's a run ?

Just asking.

R

njpatsfan said:
What happens if it's a run ?

Just asking.

R

THAT-RUN-DID-NT-MAKE-IT-TO-THE-MAR-KER

PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
IN-COM-PLETE

Pretty lame if you ask me.

Yup, that's the ONE thing i hate about broncos fans. I hate that chant even worse than "J - E - T - S JETS JETS JET!"

I hope pats fans don't develop a stupid chant like that.

The best team-specific chant/cheer I've heard is Buffalo's touchdown song. Let's go Buffalo! It's so catchy.

That would be the IN-COM-PLETE chant.. I have to hear it every year.. :rolleyes: Not the brightest fan base out there!

Phokus said:
Yup, that's the ONE thing i hate about broncos fans. I hate that chant even worse than "J - E - T - S JETS JETS JET!"

I hope pats fans don't develop a stupid chant like that.
Actually, the Jets fans stole that chant from the Patriot fans. I remember years ago the cry of "P-A-T-S, PATS PATS PATS." Maybe some of the oldtimers can back me up on this.

You know what I find to be funny? You are making fun of us for shouting "incomplete" when the stadium announcer would say "brady's pass is..", and you guys shout "first down" every time the stadium announcer says "that is good for another patriots". What is the difference?

LetsGoBroncos said:
You know what I find to be funny? You are making fun of us for shouting "incomplete" when the stadium announcer would say "brady's pass is..", and you guys shout "first down" every time the stadium announcer says "that is good for another patriots". What is the difference?

Well, I think there's a fairly even amount of making fun going around here, but to address your question, the difference there is that the Broncos one is negative and picks on one player, whereas the Patriots one is positive and cheers the team.

primetime said:
The best team-specific chant/cheer I've heard is Buffalo's touchdown song. Let's go Buffalo! It's so catchy.

I always thought that the old Houston Oilers song was one of the better ones ...

CheerforTom said:
Well, I think there's a fairly even amount of making fun going around here, but to address your question, the difference there is that the Broncos one is negative and picks on one player, whereas the Patriots one is positive and cheers the team.
Forcing a pass to be incomplete is a team effort by the defense. It is aided by a decent pass rush and good coverage all over the field.

The difference is that one is offensive success and defensive failure and the other is defensive success and offensive failure.

As for the suggestion that having a certain chant determines the intelligence of the fan base, that doesn't make a bit of sense. I'm sorry, but to me, judging someones intelligence based on one of the chants at games seems unintelligent.

As for the suggestion that having a certain chant determines the intelligence of the fan base, that doesn't make a bit of sense. I'm sorry, but to me, judging someones intelligence based on one of the chants at games seems unintelligent.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I couldn't have said it better myself. By the way, there are a lot of fans of the Broncos, or other teams with "dumb chants", that are actually intelligent and decent enough to know that going out of one's way to insult someone whom you've never met or talked to is not very patriotic (pun intended). For the record, I live in Alaska and would love to go to a Broncos game and, if given the oportunity, might even participate in the chants; if I'm feeling dumb enough.

Personally, I would love it if our stadium picked up a few chants and traditions of our own ... at least it keeps people in the game and involved. How ironic that we've had tons of threads about how the 12th man isn't doing their job this year (not as of late though!) and most EVERYONE on the thread agreed that it was too quiet here.

Just my $.02

Not the brightest fan base?

Brighter than the Patriots fan base. That's for sure.

Perhaps the reasons you Pats fans don't like the chant is because you don't want Tommy boy go be made a fool of on national TV.

You could tell Brady was rattled in the first meeting and the Denver fans got him off his game.

Bill B. said:
Actually, the Jets fans stole that chant from the Patriot fans. I remember years ago the cry of "P-A-T-S, PATS PATS PATS." Maybe some of the oldtimers can back me up on this.

Some things are better left forgotten.

BusterTBronco said:
Not the brightest fan base?

Brighter than the Patriots fan base. That's for sure.

And you are an example of the intellegent Denver fan.:rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes