PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver concerns for our offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Field
Over there they moved the ball with EASE against the best defense in the NFL, both through the air and ground and with more then just Gronk. They have all types of weapons and a wide variety. Danny Amendola, Kenbrell Thompkins, Julian Edelman (very underrated), Aaron Dobson can all hurt you and Shane Vereen IMO is the best third down running back in the NFL. Carolina struggled big time in the second half, especially on the ground. How to account for them over there?

This guy is a Pats fan posing as a Broncos fan. See below:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...r-offense.html

Comes here, registers, poses as fan, creates this thread, then runs back and posts it on PatsFans. Pretty funny actually.

You're an oddball, Petty.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not FieldIsAPat, but I am posting on those forums under Kontradiction.

I edited the link.......the guy was stating the obvious

denver fans are right to be concerned

the pats offense is trending upwards faster than any in the league. and the broncos have even bigger secondary concerns than the pats. they simply don't have a safety who can cover now, and bailey can't run with either dobson or thompkins. they're going to have to commit trevathan to vereen. look for big days out of the slot and TE position.

my big concern will be brady's blind side (miller and phillips) .... will have to scheme a bit there

Denver's defense isn't great, but they rally around the fact their offense is incredible. Here's hoping Talib was just rusty and didn't re-injure something. There's no reason that the offense couldn't come out and have their way with Denver, but it's not likely the game allows the same kind of approach.

Chandler Jones needs to have the game of his life. He can't just show up for his handful of pressures per game like he normally does. He's got to consistently be a problem for Denver's O-line.

Broncos fans are mostly concerned about Gronk and Vereen from what I can see. I haven't see anything, outside of Petty's comments, on Dobson or anyone else. I've also seen some concerns about our pass D, which is interesting considering Talib, Dennard, and Gregory may not even play and Arrington is banged up.

Denver's defense isn't great, but they rally around the fact their offense is incredible. Here's hoping Talib was just rusty and didn't re-injure something. There's no reason that the offense couldn't come out and have their way with Denver, but it's not likely the game allows the same kind of approach.

Chandler Jones needs to have the game of his life. He can't just show up for his handful of pressures per game like he normally does. He's got to consistently be a problem for Denver's O-line.

I don't think Talib would have been pulled from the final drive if he was just rusty. Unfortunately, it looks like he may have aggravated the hip injury.

I don't think Talib would have been pulled from the final drive if he was just rusty. Unfortunately, it looks like he may have aggravated the hip injury.

Admittedly an optimistic interpretation of the events, but I do think Smith was a bad matchup for him on a good day. If Talib isn't going to play Sunday, I'm officially penciling this game as a loss. We'd have to have incredible games from Nink and Jones to compensate for the wafer thin secondary, and even if those guy dominate, we'll still need a few horseshoes up our rear ends.

Admittedly an optimistic interpretation of the events, but I do think Smith was a bad matchup for him on a good day. If Talib isn't going to play Sunday, I'm officially penciling this game as a loss. We'd have to have incredible games from Nink and Jones to compensate for the wafer thin secondary, and even if those guy dominate, we'll still need a few horseshoes up our rear ends.

I agree......Arrington would have done a much better job getting under smiths skin

I agree. I saw that both were at the start of practice today, which was unexpected. I think Dennard is out on Sunday and Talib is 50/50.

You can make the argument over the last three or four games that the Pats' offense has been better than the Broncos' offense. The Broncos offense has pretty much wildly inconsistent. Spectacular at times and very ordinary far too often. The Pats' offense is gaining steam and peaking at the right time.

I know people don't want to get into a shoot out with the Broncos, but I think the Pats might actually be better suited for a shootout right now than the Broncos.

For anyone that needs a laugh, a GIF I posted really offended someone over there and now I'm trolling him up and down the thread.

I knew something was off when he quoted a post that rattled off all of our WR's and considered Dobson a serious threat. No offense to Dobson, but he's not causing too much lost sleep right now.

That board is pretty even-keeled. There's some homers and some guys with a more grounded perspective. It's certainly not as ridiculous as the Saints boards or the Panthers boards that I briefly perused during our week against those two teams.

They vastly overrate their defensive talent though, but who doesn't?

I knew something was off when he quoted a post that rattled off all of our WR's and considered Dobson a serious threat. No offense to Dobson, but he's not causing too much lost sleep right now.

That board is pretty even-keeled. There's some homers and some guys with a more grounded perspective. It's certainly not as ridiculous as the Saints boards or the Panthers boards that I briefly perused during our week against those two teams.

They vastly overrate their defensive talent though, but who doesn't?

They were trying to make the case that DRC and Harris were better than anything we have using PFF. That's not a bad forum all in all. Some pretty sharp people except for the one dude I was messing with.

They were trying to make the case that DRC and Harris were better than anything we have using PFF.

As I go into that board a little further, there are some kooks. That thread about us trying to rack up roughing the passer penalties :confused:

I can't even think of where that one could have come from. Is it JP Losman's cousin?

WOW!:eek: Post #43 has to be the most rational, level headed football fan I've ever encountered. Bravo!!:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes