HGH18 QB
WARE DE
CLADY T
COLQUITT P

They have: $48,061,005

They HAVE to pay:
Antonio Smith - Cheap (1-1.5m)
Evan Mathis - Average(4m)
Osweiller - Expensive( if its a one year deal i guess that at least 10m)
Malik Jackson - Expensive ( 6m avg)
VON MILLE - VERY VERY EXPENSIVE ( 14m avg)
BACKUP QB -Cheap ( 3m avg)
Danny Trevathan - Expensive ( 6m)
McManus - Cheap (2.5-3m avg)

47m avg

This is exactly why I don't pay any attention to the doom and gloom threads/comments about other teams' cap issues, because every team in the league loses key players all the time. I concern myself only with our situation. Every fanbase in the league gets excited about their rivals losses, just like many predicted how poorly we'd look in the secondary with the losses of Revis/Browner.

1) Losing Ware (who saw tons of comments on here about how he was old, slow, hurt, etc) wouldn't be ideal for them, but they also just drafted Shane Ray in the first round last spring, and he was seen as one of the best pure pass rushers in the entire draft. It's certainly quite possible that they'd receive 75 percent of Ware's production at a much lesser cost.

2) LT Clady played in a total of 2/38 games in the years they went to the SB (2013 and 2015), so while his loss would be made monumental here on the hometown forum, the numbers speak otherwise. I'm not saying that it wouldn't leave them with a hole at LT, but obviously it's something they've proven to be able to overcome, considering the fact that the guy didn't even play either of the past 2 years they've gone to the SB.

I think denver is going to take a step down. even if they keep osweiller(which it is looking like they may not) .

Patriots will be kings of the AFC once again next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back