PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Cap situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOuld love to see Manning back because it can only hurt them (Their O was beyond inept)..but he is done there so there goes that idea.

Yeah, it'd be hard to see any kind of scenario where it would benefit Manning by taking a significant paycut. I think he'd simply go to another team instead.

That's not even bringing up how it would be beneficial to the Broncos in a year where Brock Osweiler is also a free agent.

CJ Anderson is a RFA. He looks like he'd be a great compliment to Lewis. Can we tie Elway's hands a little by offering CJ more than they would like? Elway has been very good as their GM.

So....same as the Emmanuel Sanders offer, then?

1 year and a couple/few million? :D

1) If you mean that he's racked up 3,000 yards in catches over the past 2 years instead of the 834 that you posted--then yes, I agree.

2015--1304
2014--1619

2) There's also the fact that he's caught 216 balls over the last 2 years, not "54." You gave him credit for 25 percent of his production in both catches and yardage :)

Seriously, where the fu.ck did he get that number from and how did he not instantly know it must be wrong?

1) If you mean that he's racked up 3,000 yards in catches over the past 2 years instead of the 834 that you posted--then yes, I agree.

2015--1304
2014--1619

2) There's also the fact that he's caught 216 balls over the last 2 years, not "54." You gave him credit for 25 percent of his production in both catches and yardage :)

haha, I was using his first two years to back up he has been really bad imo. Must admit, I did think... has he really been that bad when checking those stats. haha

Everytime I see him play on TV I swear he has like a bad case of drops. Will admit, his yards have me thinking otherwise now. Apologies for putting wrong numbers up.

My excuse it was 2am when posted and just come of playing Fallout 4 for 4hrs straight lol

haha, I was using his first two years to back up he has been really bad imo. Must admit, I did think... has he really been that bad when checking those stats. haha

Everytime I see him play on TV I swear he has like a bad case of drops. Will admit, his yards have me thinking otherwise now. Apologies for putting wrong numbers up.

My excuse it was 2am when posted and just come of playing Fallout 4 for 4hrs straight lol

Don't be ridiculous. No need for apologies to anyone. Tried attempting to not come off as a prick with the inclusion of the smiley face. I just assumed that you were thinking of someone else, to be honest. I've certainly had my share of horrible brain farts as well.

I agree that Thomas has had bad cases of the drops many times over the course of his career, but with consistent 100+ catch seasons, he's probably worth every penny that they paid him. The fact that he's paired nicely with Sanders pisses me off, b/c I really pounded the drum hard both times we went after him.

Dez Bryant, on the other hand, may end up being a different animal altogether, as they both signed the same 14m dollar AAV deals last offseason (5/70). We'll have to keep an eye on that one, but he's the one out of any of them (AJ Green, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Demarius Thomas) that I'd be concerned about with that hefty pricetag. The rest are solid signings in my opinion, some of them due for even bigger paydays in the near future.

Antonio Brown isn't in that range of numbers, the last two years of his deal, its 8m each year. Bargain. For me he is the best wideout also. Green I feel is overpriced and there is just something about Thomas though.. maybe its more QB driven than anything but he is not performing like how I'd want a 15m wideout too.
As for the apology.. I'm not really up to having a keyboard warrior type attitude and come on here to just be abusive.. so when I am wrong I'll hold my hands up and say so, unlike many that double down with the added name calling ******** lol. Your post was highly justified.. even without the smiley :)

I do not know if the 2015 incentives also apply to 2016. If they do, then Florio is correct. Amendola's 2015 incentives did not carry over to the 2016 season.
I think the incentives either affect the roll over cap figures or since they were NLTBE incentives hit in 2016, but either way they affect all of the salary cap expectations for Denver because no one has been factoring them in until now.

Antonio Brown isn't in that range of numbers, the last two years of his deal, its 8m each year. Bargain. For me he is the best wideout also. Green I feel is overpriced and there is just something about Thomas though.. maybe its more QB driven than anything but he is not performing like how I'd want a 15m wideout too.
As for the apology.. I'm not really up to having a keyboard warrior type attitude and come on here to just be abusive.. so when I am wrong I'll hold my hands up and say so, unlike many that double down with the added name calling ******** lol. Your post was highly justified.. even without the smiley :)
Thomas is terribly overpriced. He's an outstanding regular season wideout as long as the opposing corner doesn't play real physical. In big games against physical wide receivers he can disappear for long stretches. Even then he draws a lot of attention and safety help, but he's not 15 million good.

I think the incentives either affect the roll over cap figures or since they were NLTBE incentives hit in 2016, but either way they affect all of the salary cap expectations for Denver because no one has been factoring them in until now.
Right, that's the whole point, if he makes the money is goes on the salary cap . . . eventually.

They saved $4M by changing $4M in salary to bonuses, $2M to get to the SB, $2M for winning it. Clearly they fell in the NLTBE category. So they weren't on the 2015 cap. However the checks are being written so the NLTBE bonus become earned and go on the next year's cap, 2016 in this case.

Thomas is terribly overpriced. He's an outstanding regular season wideout as long as the opposing corner doesn't play real physical. In big games against physical wide receivers he can disappear for long stretches. Even then he draws a lot of attention and safety help, but he's not 15 million good.
Boy was he a dog this postseason. He got worse as the playoffs went on.

According to Overthecap:
IF THEY CUT:
HGH18 QB
WARE DE
CLADY T
COLQUITT P

They have: $48,061,005

They HAVE to pay:
Antonio Smith - Cheap (1-1.5m)
Evan Mathis - Average(4m)
Osweiller - Expensive( if its a one year deal i guess that at least 10m)
Malik Jackson - Expensive ( 6m avg)
VON MILLE - VERY VERY EXPENSIVE ( 14m avg)
BACKUP QB -Cheap ( 3m avg)
Danny Trevathan - Expensive ( 6m)
McManus - Cheap (2.5-3m avg)

47m avg

Right, that's the whole point, if he makes the money is goes on the salary cap . . . eventually.

They saved $4M by changing $4M in salary to bonuses, $2M to get to the SB, $2M for winning it. Clearly they fell in the NLTBE category. So they weren't on the 2015 cap. However the checks are being written so the NLTBE bonus become earned and go on the next year's cap, 2016 in this case.

You are missing the point.

The question is not whether or not 4M is coming off the Broncos' 2016 cap. Everyone agrees with that.

The point is whether Manning's 2016 cap number also increases by 4M. In order for that to be true his contract for the 2016 season has to include the same incentives making them LTBE for 2016. Do not know if Manning's 2015 incentives carried over into 2016. Sometimes they do not carry over. Example - Amendola's 2015 incentives.

Brown threatened to hold out last year, and there has been lots of talk here in Pittsburgh that he'll likely be getting a new deal. That's the only reason I included him in that grouping with the others.

It will be interesting to see if that happens or not. No doubt his value was awesome lately.

Miller will command more than 14/per year

Is it just me..or did DT get beyond soft. Was he hurt most of the year or what because he didn't do a thing and had major issues catching the ball in most of their games i saw

Seems like they should be in cap trouble with all the high bid free agents they've signed, but they also have drafted well and have some talented young players like Wolfe and Trevathan

Seems like they should be in cap trouble with all the high bid free agents they've signed, but they also have drafted well and have some talented young players like Wolfe and Trevathan

Elway is an excellent GM and we were wrong to underestimate him. Coaching was more the issue of why the Broncos under performed the last 3 years.

Is it just me..or did DT get beyond soft. Was he hurt most of the year or what because he didn't do a thing and had major issues catching the ball in most of their games i saw

I agree that he can get shut down at times and that he still has issues with drops, but it's ironic that we're having this discussion about a player who had 105 catches for over 1,300 yards this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes