PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Broncos' Von Miller facing 4 game suspension

We probably shouldn't rule out the possibility that he was just taking them recreationally.

NFL spokesman George Attalah stated yesterday that it isn't a violation of the steroids or PED policy, so while he may have been using amphetamines recreationally or otherwise, this potential 4 game suspension likely arises from a multiple violation offense from marijuana instead. There's a link in the previous post that goes into detail a little more.

This may also be a reasonable explanation as to why it wasn't persued earlier in 2011, because it's a series of multiple violations that occured over a longer period of time (conspiracy theorists be damned, lol).

Denver is a playoff team and Von Miller will be there when the post season starts so IMO this dose not hurt them in the long run

OT: Von Miller facing 4 game suspension

Denver is a playoff team and Von Miller will be there when the post season starts so IMO this dose not hurt them in the long run

They are a team that gets to the playoffs and then makes a quick exit.

Look at this fluff piece about the Broncos on ESPN.

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9502620

We'd better start to get used to it now, JMC00--because I have a feeling that we'll be seeing and hearing a lot of this throughout the season. They are the odds on favorites to go to the SB in the AFC, and Manning is everyone's comeback hero.

There will be fluff pieces galore, unfortunately.

I tend to agree with you that we certainly can't go by past results and choke efforts any more than DEN fans can count on us "choking" like they'll claim that we've done since February of 2005.

Although I agree with those who point to the numbers regarding Manning's one and done exits, he's certainly a very dangerous QB--especially with the addition of Welker and a stronger CB corps. If they end up with HFA or hosting us in the playoffs I certainly won't be pointing to past results. I think they are a very formidable foe for sure no matter what. The "new" Broncos are led by Peyton Manning, and even though he made some mistakes in the BAL loss last year, the Ravens were playing pretty well so we need to give them some credit too.

That all said, if they end up getting off to a rough start at 2-2 it may stall some of their momentum, so that's what we'll be rooting for.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back