PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Broncos' Von Miller facing 4 game suspension

I just want to know if the media out in Denver is ripping the Broncos front office decisions the way the Boston media is tearing up the Patriots.

Let's see, two top execs get hit with DUI charges, they lose a good defensive players due to lack of awareness, and now a player gets hit as a repeated drug offender. Who knew what and when? Don't the fans deserve to know?

Solid post, because I wemt right to that post. I didn't post anything else in the thread before that, and I didn't write that post because someone else was missing the obvious. It's great that your post wasn't just you being an ass, or anything like that.

It's a pretty solid dead heat between you posting about Welker being gone and ChristianCat posting about Tebow when it comes to 'we ******* get it already' posters hammering the same topic nonstop.

The dude's goddamn number was on my wedding cake, it sucks but turning every thread into a mewl fest about it has a very small chance of bringing him back.

Anyways, let's cliff notes the rest of this: you tell me you can post whatever you want and I shouldn't try being a member of the junior mod squad, I say you can post whatever you want just like I can tell you I hate it, you tell me something else that probably doesn't interest me and then I find something shiny that interests me more.

Then we'll pick it back up in a week. Sound good? See you there bro.

now THAT is some GD'ed fine message board prose right thar' boy...

you tell me something else that probably doesn't interest me and then I find something shiny that interests me more.

what that says about the species I'm not sure...but it seems bad...real bad.....

Manning loves it...of that YOU can be sure...now it HAS to be all about him...at last, the sun revolves around the Moonhead

I don't get the logic of rotoworlds commentary:

So the rookie-year violation was Miller's second of the sort. A third offense would cost him an entire season. Why the NFL took so long to suspend Miller is unclear, but it's believed he'll have a "hard" time winning his appeal.

How does it make ANY SENSE that they would be suspending him NOW for a violation from 2011????
And even if that was so; how would that make the rookie season issue the 2nd one and not more likely that was the First; and the second happened in last 6 months.

OT to an OT Post: (see video in ESPN link) ---Man did Damien Woody get HUUUUUUGE since he retired.
I thought these OL/DL normally slim down once they don't have to binge to keep weight up anymore. Lose the weight man --- you are a heart attack waiting to happen.

So that this thread stays on topic - the jury instructions included "stand your ground" language and Juror B37 clearly stated that "stand your ground" was one of the considerations that were deliberated.

Don't know why Deus decided to interject what he said other than to look smart.

Just hope and pray he doesn't whip out the infamous meat packing plant link to bolster his point. hee hee

I just want to know if the media out in Denver is ripping the Broncos front office decisions the way the Boston media is tearing up the Patriots.

Let's see, two top execs get hit with DUI charges, they lose a good defensive players due to lack of awareness, and now a player gets hit as a repeated drug offender. Who knew what and when? Don't the fans deserve to know?

Shhh according to Deus only the Pats have any issues. And to point out that most teams deal with them too you should "Seriously, think before posting"

Bottom line is every team has some sort of issue/s to deal with and its possible no one in history has to deal with more than the Pats this year but in the past the Pats have done some of their best work dealing with controversy:
01 QB controversy
03 Milloy
07 Spygate

just to name a few.

Does this make Miller a dual threat to violate the substance abuse policy?

Joking aside it is a big blow to Denver no Dumervil, and now no Miller for 4 weeks.

And Champ Bailey still in the burn unit. Their offense had better score mass quantities of points.

I don't get the logic of rotoworlds commentary:

How does it make ANY SENSE that they would be suspending him NOW for a violation from 2011????
And even if that was so; how would that make the rookie season issue the 2nd one and not more likely that was the First; and the second happened in last 6 months.

OT to an OT Post: (see video in ESPN link) ---Man did Damien Woody get HUUUUUUGE since he retired.
I thought these OL/DL normally slim down once they don't have to binge to keep weight up anymore. Lose the weight man --- you are a heart attack waiting to happen.

The conspiracy theorists believe that Miller hasn't been suspended until now because they didn't want to screw with Tebowmania in 2011 or Manning's comeback last year.

well...as one of the most strident (and whacked out) conspiracy theorists, I wouldn't put it past Goodydull. I'm convinced he's been rigging the postseason officiating...just look at last season...WHY??? Why on earth was THAT head ref and THAT crew picked? The head ref graded out at the BOTTOM at the end of the regular season.

I'd expect an explanation of why the wait, Rob, if it wasn't this megalomaniac in charge.

well...as one of the most strident (and whacked out) conspiracy theorists, I wouldn't put it past Goodydull. I'm convinced he's been rigging the postseason officiating...just look at last season...WHY??? Why on earth was THAT head ref and THAT crew picked? The head ref graded out at the BOTTOM at the end of the regular season.

I'd expect an explanation of why the wait, Rob, if it wasn't this megalomaniac in charge.

Political correctness

why do you insist and persist with these logical and accurate responses?

can't you see I'm trying to wind myself up into a furious, frenzied launch to the outer edges of all rationality...and beyond?

take away my windmills and what have I got left??

WHAT?

OT: Von Miller facing 4 game suspension

Shawne Merriman, part deux.

Merriman was more of a juicer, he was built like an ox when he was using. Miller is more of a finesse player, and the amphetamines are more indicative of someone trying to cut but is to lazy and undisciplined to do it with training and exercise.

If I had to guess Miller probably spent his offseason, partying, smoking weed, and eating like crap, the season snuck up on him so he started downing amphetamines to help him lean back into shape.

Long term I think Miller will still be the same player, unlike Merriman who's bones, ligaments, etc were all permanently damaged from the years of anabolic's.

Merriman was more of a juicer, he was built like an ox when he was using. Miller is more of a finesse player, and the amphetamines are more indicative of someone trying to cut but is to lazy and undisciplined to do it with training and exercise.

If I had to guess Miller probably spent his offseason, partying, smoking weed, and eating like crap, the season snuck up on him so he started downing amphetamines to help him lean back into shape.

Long term I think Miller will still be the same player, unlike Merriman who's bones, ligaments, etc were all permanently damaged from the years of anabolic's.

Your reasoning sounds fine but I was referring to his (SM) commitment to the game was built on drugs. Sounds like Miller is beholding to them as well. Speed is not a drug to play with. It's easily as physically debilitating as ABS. You think this is the only time he has ever taken them? I don't.

OT: Von Miller facing 4 game suspension

Your reasoning sounds fine but I was referring to his (SM) commitment to the game was built on drugs. Sounds like Miller is beholding to them as well. Speed is not a drug to play with. It's easily as physically debilitating as ABS. You think this is the only time he has ever taken them? I don't.

Excellent points. I realized after reading what I posted that I completely disregarded the negative affects of amphetamines. You're very much correct in your assessment my friend.

We probably shouldn't rule out the possibility that he was just taking them recreationally.

Starting in 2007, the NFL reclassified amphetimines as falling under the PED/steroids violation, so it's apparently not amphetimines that are causing the suspension. I'm sure we'll be hearing more as the days go on, but it's looking like it's more of a multiple marijuana offense than a violation of the PED/steroids policy.

Here's a snippet from PFT regarding the issue:

Union: Miller?s suspension doesn?t flow from steroids policy | ProFootballTalk

"Now, we know by process of elimination that Miller’s potential suspension comes from the substance-abuse policy. We know this because NFLPA spokesman George Atallah has said via Twitter that Miller’s potential suspension does not arise under the steroids policy.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported earlier today that Miller tested positive in 2011 for amphetamines (prohibited under the steroids policy) and for marijuana (prohibited under the substance-abuse policy). Miller apparently avoided a suspension for the positive amphetamine test, which actually represents a second breach of a confidentiality provision that supposedly carries a fine of up to $500,000."

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back