PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Broncos' QB Osweiler will start vs. Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this. On one hand the kid will be playing us on his only 2nd start ever. This gives BB the opportunity to cook him something real good on defense to throw him off. OTOH, there isn’t much film on him. I think I would rather face the forehead than this kid. Too many unknowns…. Plus, unlike the forehead who likes to stand in the pocket like an erect d**k, this kid has scrambling abilities... – thoughts?

I want Collins in this game!

Report: Broncos' Osweiler will start vs. Patriots
Report: Broncos' Osweiler will start vs. Patriots
(via theScore App: The Ultimate, Personalized Mobile Sports Experience )

Last edited:
Poor Oline + an inexperienced QB who holds on to the ball too long, will result in a huge performance by our front 7. We're going to wreck that offense.

Its too bad - I was looking forward to Manning Face one last time. It will be interesting to see how the kid does, didn't get to watch DEN-CHI yesterday.

Its too bad - I was looking forward to Manning Face one last time. It will be interesting to see how the kid does, didn't get to watch DEN-CHI yesterday.

He holds on to the ball too long at times (which will hurt them given their awful Oline and our very stout pass rush) and he likes to target TEs. We've been pretty good at covering TEs this season.

I don't see them putting up more than 10 points.

He was decent, but was aided by a run game (I know, sounds absurd). Outside the 2-minute warning series, he only had 4 back-to-back passing plays.

I hope Sanders stays sidelined as well.

How was his arm? I heard he's like 6'8" on the radio... big boy.

The kid can sling. That's for sure....

FWIW, line is -5 New England.

Take away the run game & the TEs and this kid will crumble. Our defense is great vs. defending both.

Take away the run game & the TEs and this kid will crumble. Our defense is great vs. defending both.

belichick will focus on taking away hillman first and foremost.

Over on the Broncos forum they seem pretty content. Sounds like they had given up on the forehead. :)

This particular post got me chuckling pretty good....

So does Peyton offer anything as far as knowledge on how to beat the Patriots or do you think he is just a little upset and staying aloof? I am getting the impression he doesn't want to lose his job just yet and doesn't want Brock to succeed at least not now because it is just making him look bad. All the sports shows are talking about and emphasizing 0 interceptions and Brock's mobility.

Manning has knowledge on how to beat the Pats???? LOLZ :D

Watched him a bit
Big guy but lanky, though not fragile
STRONG arm
But really locks onto his 1st target and is slow to get the ball outa there
More mobile than Peyton (even I am) but no Rogers/Bridgewater threat

I too hope he doesn't have backup surprise factor going for him. Rather face Peyton 2015.

Their offense is anemic. I'm more worried about our own injuries than anything else. Barring any additional injuries at tonight's game and hopefully getting Collins back as well as one of Dobson/Martin, we should be fine.

Yup. I'll wait for a legitimate reporter with some credibility to report it before I consider it official.

Has Chya Mayo given us her take yet?

He holds on to the ball too long at times (which will hurt them given their awful Oline and our very stout pass rush) and he likes to target TEs. We've been pretty good at covering TEs this season.

I don't see them putting up more than 10 points.

Looked to me yesterday that he stares down his receivers a decent amount.

He looked pretty good for a guy starting his first NFL game. He scrambled well, looked off safeties, and has a gun for an arm. I am thinking that I would rather see Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots