PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Broncos might not want Peyton Manning back

"Unnamed sources" = the homeless guy outside Dunkin Donuts and the voice in my head

Bucky Katt said:
I have voices in my head. I ignore them.

22d180f3ebaf05eeb323ff5d77f7f411.jpg

Really glad Foxborough is rough in the winter and that the team we follow is tough and capables fm sing wintery conditions to their advantage.

I agree with posters suggesting Buffalo isn't what Manning will want/choose. Both Arizona and Texas make sense on paper. Bruce Arians - Indy alum - was he a new recruit or did he spend seasons w Peyton there ? That connection might make me swing Arizona's side.

The only team that makes sense is the Texans. Good team, bad division, good weather/dome.

Arizona too. The division is harder, but the Cards would have won their division if they even had an average QB this past season. In fact, I think the Cards have a team more built to win a Super Bowl with a good QB than the Texans.

I'm sure Rex would want to but there is little chance it would be Manning's first choice. Houston, Arizona,and St Louis would probably be much higher on his list than winters in Buffalo would be.
StL and ARI are out. He wont go to NFC since his brother is there. Houston is Bill OBrien. not sure he will want him there.

Arizona too. The division is harder, but the Cards would have won their division if they even had an average QB this past season. In fact, I think the Cards have a team more built to win a Super Bowl with a good QB than the Texans.

Manning doesn't have the guts to go to that division though. Too worried that his stats won't look good playing those teams 6 times.

http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-broncos-uncertain-if-they-want-peyton-manning-back-in-2015/

Could just be leveraging him to take less but I think the Broncos are seriously considering moving on and blowing it up this off season. If you are going to blow it up this be the off season to do it.
I tend to think they're leveraging him and want him to take less money if he's coming back. It's a very interesting dynamic given how ego driven the Manning clan is. Paaaaayton is not worth the money and his 19 mill would hurt the Bronco roster building. Would love for Peyton to show his true colors by walking away and signing with a lesser team.
All Manning is after is money and personal records....same as it's always been with him.

Two problems. A) Carson Palmer just signed a big deal and B) he would have to go against the defenses of Seattle, San Francisco and St Louis six times a year. Peyton likes the path of least resistance.

If I were the Broncos I wouldn't want him back. Start the rebuild now. Why wait. You won't win SB with manning.

But Elway is smoking that sticky icky so who knows.

Manning took it upon himself to get a comprehensive evaluation from a renowned performance manager and trainer, Mackie Shilstone, during the past 2½ weeks in New Orleans. Shilstone, who was worked with several elite athletes in the latter stages of their careers, has given the quarterback a strong assessment based on numerous workouts and tests, a source said.

The quad injury that plagued Manning at the end of the 2014 season is fully healed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12322156/peyton-manning-tells-denver-broncos-ready-play-2015

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back