PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Broncos might not want Peyton Manning back

The person reporting this says it's still likely he will return for at least one more season though.

Mr Ed has a big decision to make. I kinda don't fault him either way he decides to go.

If PM has a healthy, kick-ass regular season then you can argue it was money well spent as DEN will still be the best team in the division.

If PM breaks down it's only a 1 year deal so in 2016 they can move on. Who would they play? Osweiler? Pu-lease

Certainly would be advantageous for Elway to reduce that # to something less than $22m or whatever they owe him.

They do need to fortify the running game. Anderson is a good runner but I don't consider him elite.

They need 2 QBs. Manning can play the regular season and the 2nd QB can play the post season. Won't matter anyways as a new QB won't change that they are too soft to win a SB.

This report isn't news and is pure speculation at best. Sure its possible the Broncos may move on from Manning. However, this reporter is legitimately talking out of both sides of his mouth in this article saying they may keep him or they may not. Not to mention he quotes the dreaded "unnamed sources." With the state of sports journalism, watch this story blow up like "Deflategate" without any real sources behind the story.

If Manning passes the physical, and shows that he's going to be able to make the throws, he'll be back. Peyton doesn't want to go out like he did last year, and the Broncos #2 option is Osweiler.

I could definitely see the Broncos hedging their bets, either by going QB high in the draft or signing a 'legit' QB and going with 3 for the season.

"Unnamed sources" = the homeless guy outside Dunkin Donuts and the voice in my head

There's a certain golfer who wishes the homeless were only as reliable as "NFL sources".

Peyton Manning = Yugo

yugo_gv2.jpg

I wonder if Peyton would saunter over to one of our AFC East underlings?

I wonder if Peyton would saunter over to one of our AFC East underlings?

It would have to be Miami. There's no way he'd put himself in position to play

8 NY home games (Buffalo or NY)
1 NE away game
1 NY away game (Buffalo or NY)
2 away games against the NFCE

They need 2 QBs. Manning can play the regular season and the 2nd QB can play the post season. Won't matter anyways as a new QB won't change that they are too soft to win a SB.

You keep this genius idea to yourself. lol. That could actually work.

You probably figured out the meaning of life and then crumpled it up and threw it away.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back