PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennis & Callahan - Dumb & Dumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How it is that two guys who know little or nothing about sports get a 4 hour sports show on radio??
These guys are laugh out loud embarrassing!!
Gerry made the claim this morning that the 5 minutes of tape from SpyGate could have been decoded by the Patriots and used in the second half of the Jet game. Of course Gerry couldn't tell us how that was possible to do. No, Gerry's indepth football analysis
to back up his contention was simply "don't tell me it can't be done". :rofl:
But their cluelessness is not limited to football. One morning a caller proposed the Sox sign Alex Rodriguez and move him to shortstop. Both Dennis and Callahan laughed off the the idea since according to them Rodriquez is too tall to play shortstop.
Our resident geniuses must have forgetten that A-Rod played his entire career at short untill signing with the Jeter at SS Yankees.
Embarrassing!!

Last edited:
sure, all BB needed to do was call Jack Bauer and have him patch Chloe into the camera

How it is that two guys who know little or nothing about sports get a 4 hour sports show on radio??
Gerry made the claim this morning that the 5 minutes of tape from the SpyGate could have been decoded by the Patriots and used in the second half of the game. Of course Gerry couldn't tell us how that's possible to do, his indepth analysis to back up his contention was "don't tell me it can't be done". :rofl:
But their cluelessness is not limited to football. One morning a caller proposed the Sox sign Alex Rodriguez and move him to shortstop. Both Dennis and Callahan laughed off the the idea since according to them Rodriquez is too tall to play shortstop. Our resident geniuses must have forgetten that A-Rod played his entire career at short untill signing with the Yankees.
Embarrassing!!
sure, all BB needed to do was call Jack Bauer and have him patch Chloe into the camera

Gerry made the claim this morning that the 5 minutes of tape from the SpyGate could have been decoded by the Patriots and used in the second half of the game. Of course Gerry couldn't tell us how that's possible to do, his indepth analysis to back up his contention was "don't tell me it can't be done". :rofl:
But their cluelessness is not limited to football. One morning a caller proposed the Sox sign Alex Rodriguez and move him to shortstop. Both Dennis and Callahan laughed off the the idea since according to them Rodriquez is too tall to play shortstop. Our resident geniuses must have forgetten that A-Rod played his entire career at short untill signing with the Yankees.
Embarrassing!!

I thought the insanity would end at some point, but it never does.

Here's a great plan:

You steal signals (which is legal) from a guy who knows you steal signals.

Then, you count on him to not change signals or give false signals, even though he knows what you're doing.

Then you rely on this at the critical juncture.

Really?

Dude, go listen to NPR. Seriously.

The question I have is:

Why has the real reason for the video taping gotten swept under the rug. Didn't a former coach already say Billy B. was taping defensive signals to see how quickly the defensive calls got relayed in.....so BB could run the no huddle.

Why isn't that being brought up any longer?

If D & C think you can figure out what the calls are going to be by looking at three guys use hand signals is all I need to know about those clowns.

Dude, go listen to NPR. Seriously.

NPR? :eek: No thanks!!
Enjoy Boomer's show on WFAN out of New York and then listen to Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak Zo at 9:00 on 99.7FM. Gresh and Zo have the best morning show going. Just wish they were on earlier. Unlike Dumb and Dumber they actually know their stuff and they also do some really hilarious schtick. Good show!! Check it out if you haven't already.

Last edited:
This topic comes up from time to time. As bad as their sports analyses are, D&C are even worse constantly mixing in politics (especially the Über Rightie Callahan). Here's what you do:

Go to: http://www.sirius.com and sign up for an account. Even if you don't want to have a system in your car, there is an Internet streaming option. Then you will have non-stop access to Sirius NFL Radio, and get to enjoy excellent programming on the NFL all day, rather than the incessant nonsense emanating from WEEI. Dan Koppen is coming up in 30 minutes. As an example, here's today's lineup on Sirius NFL. Try it, you'll like it:

7 am ET - Opening Drive
8:30 am ET - Korey Hall, Packers FB
8:45 am ET - Mike Ditka, Hall of Famer
9 am ET - Dan Koppen, Patriots C
9:30 am ET - Shaun O'Hara, Giants C
9:45 am ET - Kerry Rhodes, Jets S
10 am ET - Movin' the Chains
10:05 am ET - Brad Childress, Vikings HC
10:15 am ET - Bart Scott, Ravens LB
10:30 am ET - Casey Rabach, Redskins C
10:45 am ET - Lane Kiffin, Raiders HC
11 am ET - John Fox, Panthers HC
11:15 am ET - Jack Del Rio, Jaguars HC
11:30 am ET - Kyle Vanden Bosch, Titans DE
11:45 am ET - Jared Allen, Chiefs DE
11:50 am ET - Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars RB
12 pm ET - Andre Carter, Redskins DE
12:10 pm ET - Joe Thomas, Browns OT
12:17 pm ET - Brady Poppinga, Packers LB
12:20 pm ET - Darnell Dockett, Cardinals DT
12:30 pm ET - Herman Edwards, Chiefs HC
12:45 pm ET - Mike Tomlin, Steelers HC
1 pm ET - The Red Zone
1:30 pm ET - Mike Huff, Raiders S
2:30 pm ET - Antonio Pierce, Giants LB
2:45 pm ET - Devin Hester, Bears KR/WR
3 pm ET - The Afternoon Blitz
5:30 pm ET - Keith Bulluck, Titans LB
6 pm ET - Daniel Graham, Broncos TE
6:15 pm ET - Shaun Phillips, Chargers LB
7 pm ET - The Barbershop

Gerry made the claim this morning that the 5 minutes of tape from SpyGate could have been decoded by the Patriots and used in the second half of the Jet game. Of course Gerry couldn't tell us how that was possible to do. No, Gerry's indepth football analysis
to back up his contention was simply "don't tell me it can't be done".

Rhody,

That was the first thing I heard as well this morning when I flipped on the radio. I called in and told them I wanted to ask Gerry a question about it, but the guy screening the calls started in on me with "Well how come they fined the Patriots?" and "We've already been over this enough". When I asked him "If you've already been over it enough, why does Gerry keep bringing it up?". They put me on hold, but of course my call didn't get picked up.

Seems they'll let him rant on about it, but won't allow him to be challenged on his statements any more.

I can't tell if this is by design or not. Maybe they've found the secret formula that being a contrarian attracts listeners.

If that's the case, I'll tune out.

I have notice their level of sarcasm and levels of intellectual and moral superiority have been turned up a notch since they came back on the air.

I didn't mind it when it was toned down a bit, but now it's a little overbearing.

Yes, definitely get Sirius Satellite Radio if you have some spare change. It's only 14 bucks a month for a subscription and if you only get it online it's half the price I think but the NFL Network is the best, great football coverage. The only thing D & C are good for is starting lame fights with their 'Headlines' topics since Gerry is some sort of neo-conservative.

Are they seriously STILL talking about Spygate?

I think they were still doing the "running up the score" talk after the Colts game.

I used to like D&C but this act has gotten pretty annoying this year.

Last edited:
Spygate and running up the score are there main sticking points, along with verbal jousting with the "Big Show".. bottom line is they advertise themselves as a Man Show, not a sports show.. so they get away with it.. the only way to change it is to stop listening. I only listen on Monday AM so I can catch Brady.. other than that they make no sense and I choose not to listen.

Are they seriously STILL talking about Spygate?

I think they we still doing the "running up the score" talk after the Colts game.

I used to like D&C but this act has gotten pretty annoying this year.

I never liked them but I was able to tolerate them until spygate, running up the score, improper handshake, and all the other crap they have been spewing the past few months.
D&C was great when Callahan was gone all summer :D

listen to WFAN. nyc biased but much more sane.

Never listen to D&C.

Never listen to D&C.
I listen to Dale & Holly and the Big Show in the afternoon. Never listened to D&C. Why does Tom go on their show?!

Agree that since the have returned from their summer hiatus, they have been insufferably smug. Seem to hate the Pats and go out of their way to mock them.

Here's some serious Chloe for ya...

Last edited:
And worst of all, they're republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back