PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard a free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

juny

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Is it worth it to kick the tires for camp competition?

Wasn't it an attitude thing or something? Not that guys haven't done 180 on that but we just cut him.

Because the Cardinals claimed him off waivers does that mean the Patriots don't assume any cap penalties?

Sign the beast! Ha!

His career has taken a very interesting turn from playing very well for two seasons, to being released twice in one off season. If I remember correctly there where some rumblings about the coaches not liking his attitude. Being released before training camp makes it sound more like an attitude problem than skills or performance.

Because the Cardinals claimed him off waivers does that mean the Patriots don't assume any cap penalties?

I think so. Wasn't one reason he was cut was high salary? So if so, I say yes at reduced price why not.

The signing bonus proration remains, but everything else (viz., his salary and offseason workout payments) went with his contract.

The last time I saw Dennard play he looked slow and stiff bad combo for a CB.

I guess getting cut from the Patriots didn't send him a wake up call...

Ring a bell?
halloween_fonzie.png

Nah, he's not that good.

Dennard is not currently a free agent. He has to clear waivers first.

The Cardinals have 2 decent CB's and then not much

... so that speaks volumes of what they thought of Dennard ...

Wonder if this is that players from Nebraska thing again ............

If they think the problem is studiousness or personality with the coaches, that could get fixed quickly, and could be worth giving him another chance around.

If they think the problem is off-field recreational activities, e.g. booze, then it's way too soon to try again with him.

Given his past legal problems, I suspect the latter kind of situation to be the case.

In a league where anyone that can cover at all is at a premium, he must be a real looney tunes to get cut by 2 teams. He didn't grow up in a couple months.

If we still have Bequette hanging around and Dennard can not stick, then there is a serious issue.

This play probably ruined the poor guy's confidence after there was no call for offensive-pass-interference

W14NVCB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey