PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DENN ard and den NARD?

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
That'll be the phonetic chaos induced if we draft Darqueze Dennard, a cousin of the Dennard we already got. But they pronounce their same last names differently.

Of course, with our CB FA signing, Bill Belichick would NEVER do something like that, would he?

That'll be the phonetic chaos induced if we draft Darqueze Dennard, a cousin of the Dennard we already got. But they pronounce their same last names differently.

Of course, with our CB FA signing, Bill Belichick would NEVER do something like that, would he?

This is Belichick and this is the draft, stranger things have happened. Nothing shocks me, hell BB could draft ALL DB's and I wouldn't be shocked.

I think a guy like Fuller or Roby is entirely possible for our first overall pick. In today's game you need a legit top CB to have a SB caliber D.

Revis might be gone next year. If he is then we are in need of that guy. Browner is good but he is not that guy. His skill set is too limited. Ryan & Dennard are good CBs but they aren't #1 guys either.

A guy like Roby or Fuller could be those kind of players. I especially like Roby. He is not as polished and needs a little more coaching but his skill set is maybe the best of any CB in this draft.

If they drafted him at 29 I would not be too upset.

If Darqueze Dennard were around after the 12th to 15th pick, I would be insanely surprised. We won't come anywhere close to sniffing that selection.

I haven't been this high on a CB in awhile for what it's worth. I think he can instantly step in pretty much anywhere and become a very nice pick. By year 2-3, I think he'll be a shutdown CB.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back