Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrats Win Big In NH!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsDeb, Nov 7, 2006.

1. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

Hello - I never post here because I hate political discussions (even though I have very strong political positions). I have a friend who is a NH state senator so I usually do my duty every two years and stand at the polls. The democrats ousted Charlie Bass from the US House of Representatives (and the Republicans didn't realize he was in trouble); Jeb Bradley is fighting for his political life against a woman who had no campaign funds and did her entire campaign with volunteers and it looks like both the state senate and house will be controlled by the Dems for I think the first time. Hopefully we can do some good for the country and our state!
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NH has been progressively getting more liberal over the past decade or so because of all the Ma$$holes that have moved up north of the border and taken over. NH is now just another northeastern blue state.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  3. PatsDeb

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

I am a Ma$$hole and proud of it!!
  4. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

QuiGon -- you live in MA, right?

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I lived in NH for most of my life but have recently moved to MA. I still follow NH news (probably more than MA news) and my family still lives there. This was my first time voting in any state outside NH.
  6. PatsDeb

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

Jeb Bradley just conceded our 2nd US Rep seat to Carol Shea Porter. This and Hodes over Bass are MAJOR upsets in NH and totally unexpected by the Republicans. I think they were hurt by the popularity of Gov. John Lynch (he won 80% of the vote) and the ability to vote a straight ticket (one little bubble gets you all candidates for either Dems or Reps) here.