Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrats make statement

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Mar 29, 2006.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

What could be the first step in taking back congress, Democrats pledged to "eliminate" Bin Laden. This would entail a redeployment of troops from Iraq in 2006. Those Democrats, always trying to tie 9/11 to terroism.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12062280/

2. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Well, that was before they agreed not to agree that it was not feasible to deploy any troops not in support of an effort that they voted for before they voted against after they concluded that the intel was correct but wrong but decided to abstain.

I'm not an ultra right-wing nutjob, though I sometimes play one on the internet. What I'd like to see is a federal government that is reduced in scale and scope; one that operates a half-step right of center on foreign issues, and a hal-step left on domestic issues.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

Although, I agree, the Dems need more than just make a statement, they need to find a candidate who is perceived as strong, with great character and a clear vision. I have not seen anything like that out there, so far just a bunch of self serving egomaniacs...

4. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would like to point out just one thing I have an issue with in that article. You can't just double the amount of Special Forces. That will take years, it's no something you can wave a wand over. It's a good idea, there is just no feasible implementation for it.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Neither party has the stones to extract us from Iraq before the real storm starts, whether in the form of a bloody civil war or an all out invasion by Iran. There's been a lot of concern in all government and military sectors regarding the Iranian ability to continue their restraint given the pressures that have been exerted by the chimp administration.

While many irresponsible people continue to beat the war drum in favor of the US needing to "do something" about the Iranian "threat", they might be surprised when Iran takes matters into her own hands and lashes out. They are presently being flanked by a foreign, infidel superpower that has offered little but agressive postures and insultiing demands. While the US continues to keep their local pit bull, Israel, locked-up in the kennel, when push comes to shove, the Israelis will break out and act on their own sooner or later. Iran and Israel are the real wild cards, Iran more so because no one has any means of control over them. I wonder how long it will be before they "can't take it any more".

Which democrat has the skill or guts to clean up the chimp's poop on the floor after he leaves? None that I've seen.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  6. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So true, so true.....when the nukes get broken out it will be because one of those two started it and the other retaliated.

7. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Does the war on terror stop with the killing/capture of Bin-Laden?

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

All through his campaign John Fonda Kerry Bellowed "I have a plan" "I have a plan" "I have a plan".
    To this day no one, not even Teresa knows what that plan is.

John Fonda Kerry had a plan before he didn't have a plan I wonder if he still has a plan, why would Kerry never tell anybody what "his plan" was?

Does Uncle Teddy know what Kerry's plan was?

Todays New Democrats should never be allowed to run a war, they wouldn't want to OFFEND the enemy or deprive them of their Civil Liberties, many more Americans would die, not on foreign soil but right here in Chicago or Boston.

If you want Democrats to be running the show please wait until the war is over.

9. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Dems plan is based on feel good soundbytes that the American voter can digest in an MTV fashion.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

There are days you seem fairly brilliant, and then there are days, such as today you sound like a village idiot. You babble Rush and Savage soundbites that make absolutely no sense...

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

Rush has become a Household name all over the world talking like me, he has become as well-known as "Jackie O" :rocker:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  12. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No, but it's a good place to start.

13. scout

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

No it does not stop the war. On the other hand, it was the reason we went to war. The mission was never accomplished. Wanted dead or alive turned to "I really don't care where he is."

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +969 / 2 / -9

:singing: :singing: I bet Osama Bin Laden is shi!tting his pants now, Uncle Teddy, Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters are coming after him :rocker:

15. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's not the the Democrats are trustworthy, it's that the Bush GOP has proven to be so untrustworthy. I'd rather elect a party that flies by the seat of their pants than with the intention of making themselves richer at our expense.

And Harry Boy, this war will never end because there is no war. Terrorism has been around for as long as there have been people and it's a joke to think we'll either kill or appease them all.

16. scout

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

At least Teddy served, as did Kerry. I'm always amused when neo-cons call congressional Democrats un-American when the fact of the matter is Democrats far outnumber Republicans in serving their country in the armed service s. As far as Bin Laden, are you saying mission accomplished?

17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What "war on terror"? I can understand if you agree with the strategy of keeping the bad guys busy over there so the don't have the time to attack us here, but you have to agree the whole effort does nothing to reduce the threat in the long term. As long as there are people so poor and furious at us for our presence in their "holy land", we will have this problem to deal with.

After WTC attack, the chimp had one mandate from the country and the world: "Get the mofo's who did this". He has failed and probably will not be able to get him as he has a depleted force fighting their arse off in Afghanistan trying to not get killed, being cops in a land controlled by 10th century style warlord governance. How the hell are these guys gonna find Bin Ladin no matter how hard they try? They need the help of all the troops in Iraq and they might have already found him if the had it.