Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrats lose a friend and ally

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Dec 29, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

By 10 o'clock tonight, if you believe the latest media. Nem must be bawling his eyes out. :rocker:
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

can you offer any substantial evidence, supported by a link, that Saddam Hussein is a friend or ally to Democrats, or is this more inane babble?
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i guess not...

chalk up another hollow assertion by the right...
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +378 / 4 / -2

What was that about Democrats? :D

[​IMG]
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it was 2001, but we know what you meant...

regardless, it was Rumsfeld, jealous over CIA control in Afghanistan, who ignored a CIA request for the military to set up a blocking position on Bin Laden, who was most certainly wounded in the bombing of Tora Bora...

it is, however, hard to argue that Bush DIDN'T redeploy a significant fraction of forces away from the real enemy, and toward the man who "tried to kill my daddy."
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +378 / 4 / -2

Bush didn't go into Iraq "cuz of his daddy". Anyhow, if the US truly did intend to capture or kill UBL, of which I have my doubts (I've posted why), then yes press, Rummy said no to the 600 Rangers the CIA had asked for to block a mountain pass that may have been an escape route. However, we also have to realize that had the deployment been made, there was still no guarantee of kill or capture.
  7. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Senility thy name is NEM
  8. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

Just a few things.
    1) Bush could not have gone AWOL. This was pointed out to you on several occasions over the last few years by people who know the rules and regulations of our armed forces.

2) There were MILLIONS of IRAQIS killed prior to the US ever going in there. Killed by Saddam Hussein and his sons.

3) Its been proven, by numerous sources, that Hussein supported all sorts of different TERRORIST organizations. Including the PLO and HAMAS. It was also proven that Al-Qaeda had training camps in Iraq and that Hussein didn't do anything about them. He may not have supported them, but he didn't kick them out either.

Now, NEM, before you go on one of your normal tirades, I don't agree with how Bush has run some things. But I do put a LOT of the issues in Iraq on the Iraqi people. They should be stepping up and eliminating the isurgents themselves. They aren't. Every day we read about more and more Iraqis getting killed or injured by insurgents. Not by one another. By insurgents. They wanted their freedom. They have it. Now they have to protect it. To do that, they need to put aside their differences.

That is a lesson that our forefathers learned the hard way. Its what led to our Civil War. The "NORTH" and "SOUTH" didn't want to put aside their differences and it nearly tore this country apart. And, unfortunately, there are still people out there, over 100 years later, who still believe that the "SOUTH" was right.

Hopefully your rant isn't your typical spiel. I look for something new for a change.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

I am gonna take a shot at defending NEM, not cause he is always right but has a right to say it.
  10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Speaking of Darfur, why are some of the same people who screamed and hollered about Iraq now screaming and hollering that we should do more for Darfur? Which is it?

- I believe we should be more involved in Darfur. What a hellhole Sudan is isnt it? Heck, you could pretty much lump most of Africa into that category really. What a shame.