Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrat's Fall Back Plan - Hillary Clinton ???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 22, 2011.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +796 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I've read from several sources now that speculate that if Obama loses more popularity some are considering Hillary Clinton to run. so as not to bore with links and cut and paste I'll keep it simple. They don't see Obama having enough time to recuperate considering the economic mess. While not blaming him they also do not see how they can remake him favorably in this area either. He's losing independents and as we all know they are the ones who swing elections.

So why Hillary?

Generally because she can run on Bill's economic austerity measures. Now it's not like Bill reduced services but let's face it - he did well in the balance the budget area. she won't need to be remade ... or reshaped. She can just run and many feel women would be way more accepting of her than they are of Palin or Bachmann in the independent voter area which is the area they need to gain traction in.

As for my opinion - well if not Obama then absolutely I would favor Clinton as she was my choice before in 2008. She's a strong & tough women who would also help our country appear strong again. Has she ever appeared weak or feable in the public arena?

Internationally i think she would have much more appeal than Sarah or Michelle. Economically she has been there and as far as working with congress and the senate well she has been there also.

Obama could bow out at any time without losing face as he has his family to look after reason. He also could become their biggest fundraiser right now. Between him and Bill they could rake in tons of money. i am almost tempted to say the democrats would be stupid if they do not go this route.

Opinions?

I would favor her or Obama if the GOP maintains Congress. If the Democrats were to gain Congress I would say Romney but I would whisper it ... not quite say it strongly.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 5 / -2

Re: Democrat's Fall Back Plan - Hillary Clinton

Obama is running. Forget Hillary. At this point, Obama is a 50/50 bet against either Perry or Romney. Perry will get more republicans to vote, but will turn off independents, whereas Romney will appeal to indies more. Still lots of time from now till 11/12.
  3. PatriotsInGA

PatriotsInGA Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

While Hillary running is the most logical way of keeping Democratic rule in the White House, it won't happen. Obama is still (in the Democrat's eyes) the "cool" candidate that can appeal to all types of candidates.

They should realize that he isn't as popular as they think he is. He won't win Ohio OR Florida and Pennsylvania might currently be up in the air. Hillary would not only bring those states back in the Democrat column, but swing some states like Missouri, Georgia, and Tennessee that way as well.

But, as long as the Republicans nominate someone other than Huntsman or maybe Romney, Obama should be fine.
  4. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

she is not running...who in their right mind want to take over this country after the last 16 years on people running it into the ground. She is way too smart for that.
  5. PatriotsInGA

PatriotsInGA Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Romney, Perry, Huntsman, Paul,...

I can keep going :D
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I supported Obama last time around, but liked Hillary too. I think it would be great if she was the Democratic nominee or the Democratic vice president. Obama's disappointed me quite a bit.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +796 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Well that is another option isn't it ... Obama kicking Biden to the curb ... :rofl:

Besides talking on the phone all day what exactly is it that Biden does? :confused3:
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

[​IMG]
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

I have little confidence that a woman will be president during my lifetime.. no matter who the candidate is.

Right now it is almost too late to start a presidential bid for the Dems, she would have to leave the State Dept., get a committee in place.. that would take several months.

The vitriol towards women in politics on the highest level, makes any woman a questionable candidate. There are many on the extreme right who believe that women should not ascend to this level of power... and Hillary carries some baggage. The language on this board, "Pants Suit Hillary" or "Billy Blue Dress" and a whole new set of terms would describe her.

If anything, Biden should resign, and Obama run with Hillary.. that may appeal to more, and give him a foreign affairs expert a heartbeat away.
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

What about kicking Biden off the ticket and make Hillary the VP nominee??? It reawakens the Hillary supporters and makes her think about 2016, win or lose...... There would likely be less gaffes of course.........

Edit- when it happens I'll repost this .......
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +409 / 5 / -2

Sarah Palin says hi Daryl.
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

My point, this culture still has a underlying current of misogyny that says one thing, but does another. Women in power are largely distrusted.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +409 / 5 / -2

I don't think Biden is going anywhere with respect to the ticket. They'd probably be wise to toss him, and sign up Hillary, but I'd put the odds at less than 5%. If he were smart, he'd have signed Hillary on in 2008. Instead he opted for the safe white guy who would be content with tagging along for the ride. I don't think Obama, then anyway, wanted to be overshadowed by Hillary Clinton. I also don't think he trusted the Clinton's enough to want them involved to that degree (VP). In some respect I understand where he was coming from. I just would have picked someone with a little more of a resume than career legislator Joe Biden. Unfortunately, the results speak for themselves.

I do like Joe Biden personally. Now Chuck, please stand up...:D
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +409 / 5 / -2

Yes, and Sarah Palin is still sayin hi.
  15. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

i dont think Biden is the one holding this ticket back :) Obama should have picked Clinton in the first place, but Biden has done a pretty good job as the Vice...still dont know what the Vice Pres does, but he has kept his mouth shut for the most part which is a feat
  16. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Obama's poll numbers have been dropping like a rock.
    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Today his Gallup approve # is 38%. However what spells the most trouble fro him isthe disapprove # is over 50% in just about every poll.

I don't thnk that Hillary is the answer if some Dem is going to run against Obama. I think it is going to have to come from the center, like Evan Bahy (sp)
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

I agree they are low, but right now there is no clear cut frontrunner in the GOP.. after his vacation(oh the horrors) and he gets back to work, and maybe has a few victories it will get better. There has been a lot of bad news, some he could have done better with and some he just shyt the bed on.

Never heard of an incumbent president, not automatically getting the nomination for a second term.. it is unheard of. And as much the democrats bytch and moan, they will rally around Obama when the time is right. As a group democrats tend to be a fractured group, who somehow come together when the need arises. Hear blacks, hispanics, jewish or labor is pyssed, but does any think that they will support the Republicans??.. somehow a message will get crafted that all will like.

Once there is a clear cut leader on the Republican side, and the issues are clearer he will be able to fight back.. but the way the media is in this day and age, it is a tough fight and getting tougher every time.
  18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +796 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

The real polls are the ones that show him losing independents and that is the alarm for the democrats. Luckily the GOP candidates aren't really wooing them - sort of the lesser evil kind of thing right now. If the GOP had a more moderate candidate similar to a blue dog democrat then Obama would be cooked already.