Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrats Disappointed With Obama's Afghanistan Speech

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Jun 23, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Nice to know that Harry Boy and Pelosi are on the same page now:rolleyes:

....I wonder if NBC edited out Obama's "God bless our troops" and "God bless the united States of America" in their coverage last night:confused:
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Seems there's lots of people disappointed with it - on both sides of the aisle.

It's pretty much a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't," isn't it?
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I was thinking the same thing. I'm really hoping he's being Commander in Chief here and is not playing both sides of the middle politics though. It's hard to not be cynical these days.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

More "damned if you don't" at this point. The strong majority of Americans want this over with as soon as possible. For most of them, that means NOW. I think Obama's trying too hard to please everyone. We all know where this is headed: We pull out over five years, another 300 American kids get killed, another 6000 Afghans ket killed (and I'm not even talking about dismemberment and brain damage), Afghanistan never changes, never joins the 20th century, never gets a responsible government, and the Taliban or something grotesquely similar takes over. We can either get out now or in five years. The result will be the same except less people will die if we do it now. Ten years is long enough to recognize that there will be NO taming of this Allah-forsaken wasteland.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Withdraw all troops now.. let them figure it out.

The one player left out so far are the masters of war, they have a huge stake in this drawdown and if they could, they would continue it ad infinitum..