Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrats are going to be outraged at this.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInMaine, Aug 11, 2006.

1. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1225453,00.html

This administration had better prepare itself to suffer the wrath of the Democratic Party if these intercepts were not obtained with the proper search warrants under British law. Clearly this administration has not learned it's lesson that it is wrong to intercept terrorist's communications inside the United States without search warrants in order prevent the terrorist's from perpetrating their Constitutional rights to commit terrorist acts. Now they seem to have taken the step that they have the power to do so in other countries as well.
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What's funny about this thread is that 1) its not a matter that falls under US law. How the Brits handle things is their business; and 2) even now that all the baddies are in custody, the law us Dems are asking the admin to obey allows them 24 additional hours from like now to get a court order for the wiretap.

Assuming for the sake of argument that everything did take place in the USA, they'd still have until the end of the day TOMOROW to get the warrant to keep things nice and legal. It sux, they should be out getting drunk celebrating the capture of all these scumbags. Instead they have to put aside the celebrations for a while and write a memo to some judge. Its like having to do homework AFTER passing the final; but its a small price to pay to live in a nation of laws.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

I have already read that all wiretaps on this side of the pond were obtained through the FISA Court system... OTOH I suspect that there will be bantering on both sides on how it was done.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

I have read that the feds used the 'sneak and peek' warentless wiretaps, in monitoring these guys, there was an implication that some of the call were overseas/US calls, not sure about this though.

How do we deal with the pre paid cell phones? Cash purchase, record of who owns the phone, buy and toss. How exactly does FISA deal with that issue?

Is it legitimate to search for phrases and so on to pick up on conversations by terrorist using these phones? How do we locate 'sleeper cell' terrorist who are using these 'untraceable' prepaid phones? I don't think this type of thing was contemplated when the FISA laws were written.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

England doesn't have the "Uncle Teddy Gang Of Kooks" to worry about and they still have FREEDOM in their country (they also use common sense)

If the Muslim Terrorist Savages were smart they would do all their planning and training in the USA just as they did during the nineties, the New Democrats would "help them".

The latest news is that a British agent went undercover and did most of the work in uncovering the Muslim Terrorist plan, if this had happened in America the "Uncle Teddy Gang" would want this Agent ARRESTED today and they would demand that the Muslim Terrorists be released and apologized to.

Many Liberals in America have been set right on their a$s by this one, no matter how they try to kiss the Muslim Terrorists a$s the terrorists will still keep trying to KILL them.
    :rocker:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

God are you consistent and predictable...
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

THE TRUTH AND REALITY, IT'S ALL AROUND US, MANY REFUSE TO SEE IT THOUGH, THEIR HATE FOR BUSH BLINDS THEM.
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I dunno. Everything I've heard all day is that the FISA system was carefully adhered to all the way through on our end. I guess Bush doesn't wanna be a law-breaker anymore. Why else would he stop doing what he's always contended was within his rights?

Oh and speaking for the nation's liberals. No we don't feel like we've been 'set on our arses' by this. Its quite literally a near total victory for our side. A serious threat was eliminated, 20 or so criminal scumbags are on their way to a very deep hole and nobody's rights had to be tossed out to do so. What I'd like to know is how is it that the English are able to do all of this without anybody getting panties put on their head and we can't?
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Spin, spin, spin :rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  10. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The one thing I must say is that no one was surprised by this, or should have been. The details and timing may have been unanticipated, but all 300 million of us knew it was coming. We also know that it is still coming, just not this time.

Harry Boy, I have no idea why you think Liberals were knock on their ***es. My guess is that they reacted the same way Conservatives did, with a gulp of fear and a "whew" of relief.

For some reason, Harry Boy, you have the impression that Liberals don't think the US is at risk, that the Islamic Fascists don't want to attack us, or that we think we've seen the last of terrorism on our shores. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

You simply don't understand how Liberals think, Harry--even though (quite comically) you think you do. It's one thing to be dim--you can't help that-- but quite another to be voluntarily opaque.

My suggestion to you is to stop describing what you think Liberals think. Every time you do it, your IQ looks lower.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

What does "opaque" mean :confused:
  12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

13. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

14. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Son, you don't have anything usefull to add to the discussion, you should go back to the Star Wars forum. Nobody cares for plus1er's here.
  16. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pot+ kettle=black

Now, arnt you ashamed of yourself?
  17. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hey, what's that purple dot right under your post count mean? I notice a lot of you plus1er's got that color, or sometimes its red.
  19. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What the hell are you talking about?
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You know what I'm talking about. In the top right hand corner of this post here It says Join date, below that it says post count and below that there's a green square. Obviously, green is a good color. Why's your's heading towards red?