Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrats' Agenda

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Nov 18, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hi everyone ...

What do you think of the following Democrat's agenda:

(1) Repeal the tax-cut for the richest 1% American

(2) Reduce taxes for middle-class Americans

(3) Raise minimum wage for the lowest income Americans

(4) Restore college loans and aids for students

(5) Restore cuts in medical care for veterans

(6) Cut budget deficit and impose fiscal discipline

(7) Secure borders and inspect all cargoes coming into the US

(8) Impose tougher employer sanctions for hiring illegal aliens, but no amnesty for current illegals

(9) Shift resources from Iraq to Afghanistan/Pakistan to fight Al Queda and capture Osama Bin Laden

(10) Enact tough ethics rules

(11) Conduct all legislative sessions in public - no backroom transactions

(12) Strenghten Social Security and Medicare programs

2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How's that for an answer?

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

4. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hey ... thanks for the response, everyone.

NEM ... while I agree with you that Geoge W. Bush should hang from the same rope as Saddam Hussein, impeaching him would return the House and Senate back to the Republicans in 2008.

Turd and BF -- Thanks. All I want to say is that there is a reason why Americans overwhelmingly rejected privatizing the Social Security program.

I think it is important for the Democrats pursue an agenda that will benefit all Americans, not just the rich and the powerful.

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Why, The rich are more productive with their money than the Feds. the richest 5% already pay more than 50% of all taxes. All citizens need to put some skin in the game. I would recommend the Forbes Flat tax, 17% minus a personal exemprion of ~11k per person. This would also get rid of tax breakes for special interest groups and do away with a lot of lobbyist, who try to get tax breaks for their special interest.
    [/quote]

(2) Reduce taxes for middle-class Americans[/quote]

What is the income range for middle claass? Ensure that all citizens pay some tax, currently many pay no income tax, this is not fair or healthy. People who pay no taxes have no incentive to see any restraint on goverment spending, that is not good. We all benefit from goverment we should all pay some tax. I would do away with the AMT. IF real tax reform doesn't happen.

In the area I live kids working at MC DOnalds make more than the min wage already, most peopel make min wage for only a short period beofere they start moving up the economic ladder. These proposals are more about class envy and political postureing rather than helping the por, stop illegal immigratants who are competing with the por for jobs.

There seems to be tons of financial aid available for students who want an education. I am mor concerned about the rapid increase in tuition, fueled in part by the ready availability of goverment (ie 'free' money).

The dollar outlay will level off as the members of the WW2 & Korean generations pass away. Neither my Dad, nor my Father in Law both Vets, have had any issues with the VA.

How? By raising taxes? then NO! By cutting spending (ie slow the growth of soending) or getting rid of programs, YES!

I don't think it if necessary or feasable to inspect all cargo coming into the US. BTW would this require warrents? What about people's privacy rights ;)

This sounds like a program that has more to do with expanding the # of goverment workers than increasing our security.

Maming it harder for illegal aliens to get into the country, sure. BTW this doesn't apply just to people crossing gthe border with Mexico, almost half of all illegal immmigrants are people who overstay visas, this is just as serious a problem, I hear no proposals from either side to address that. I don't care if the illegals are from Ireland or Mexico or whereeer, they need to play by the rules.

Yes, there should be a temp worker program however, also the rules about anyone being born in the US automatically becoming a citizen need to be updated to prevent people from coming here illegally and then having a child here and getting to stay by manipulating and cheating the system.

This is a world wide problem, much larger than just OBL, who is probably in the tribal areas of Pakistan and not in Afganistan at all. I would also point out that according to Al Queda the bulk of their human assets are in Iraq.

Sure, and get rid of 'earmarks'
    BTW.

Not practical, especially for national sec matters. If you reformed the tax code (Flat Tax) and reduced spending and unneeded programs you eliminate most backroom transactions. Eliminate the disease not the sympton.

How? By raising taxes? Or reforming/restructuring the programs? The programs are a pomzi scheme and demographically unsustainiable. Our kids and grandkids will be crushed by these programs unless they are changed.

How do you propose to do that?

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

It's partly because seniors have been scared into voting as a block against it and partly because GW tried to make the argument and we know how articulate he is :(