Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democratic Congress passes Iraq War timetable

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's only a defeat for the rednecks in the country. The rest of us feel good about ending this war.
  4. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's a defeat for the 30% of the country who still support this immoral war.
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry if I have a hard time taking anything you say terribly seriously... It's hard to take you seriously after all your WTC nonsense :rolleyes:
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, the polls Qui Gon is looking at must show support for the war at 95%.
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Kinda like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. It's going to be vetoed most likely. I'd like to see the roll call on it.

Maybe one good thing to come out of it would be that Iraq steps up to the plate more in it's own self defense.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Absolutely comical. Do you have any idea of what this bill is? Of how it's built? What they did was tack on over $24 BILLION of non war related pork to buy votes in their favor. They gave money to everyone, and anyone, who wanted it. Total farce, and absolutely shameful. It has no chance of passing in the senate, and will surely be vetoed. This is why I hate politics in this country. They posted a sign that said "we'll buy your vote". Why did they do this? Cuz they couldn't get to 218 any other way. Really, really sad that our troops are being pissed on by ourt politicians on both sides of the isle. This bill was shameful.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

24 bil in pork to buy votes with....

Good veto fodder.
  10. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't know what you're talking about. What did I say? And what does it have to do with the radical Republicans losing again? :confused:
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

It's a complete farce of a bill, and is an insult to principle. Politicians do this with billls that they know have no chance of passing. What they did was buy people with pork. Typical bum politicians. Both are guilty of this all the time. What's upsetting is that people run on promises of eliminating earmarks and pork, and on promises of fiscal sanity, yet they put in $24 billion dollars of bullsh!t that you and I have to pay for. $125 million to bail out some spinich farm or something. Total joke.
  12. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

They better not let the Grinning Auntie Pelosi Gang fool around with Homeland Security if they do this country is in big trouble all the Muslim Terrorists that are now busy in Iraq will be making plans on visiting Chicago and the Sears Building.
  14. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What a surprise. The "forum moderate" GOP World is against a popular Democratic resolution. :rolleyes:

So $6 billion for Hurricane Katrina recovery and a $2 billion for Homeland Security is pork? At least the Democrats aren't buiding any interstate bridges to Nowhere, Alaska.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Do you really want to discuss the bill? What does Katrina have to do with the war in IRaq? NOTHING! It's a BS bill. What does Peanut storage in Georgia, $75 million to buy 3 Rep votes there, have to do with Baghdad? How about the half a billion dollars for wild fires, and the $125 million for Shrimp? Total joke.

BTW, that bridge thing was a joke too! I've said that!
  16. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

At this moment, I don't care if they're bought or not. That's not the point. The point is we need to end the Iraq War as soon as possible and as long as congressmen voted for the affirmative I'm pleased. What's more important? Peanuts or American blood?
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

That's cuz you have no principles.

I'd say at face value american blood would certainly have more meaning than peanuts, but it's no where near being a face value arguement. Where I understand your desire to end the war ASAP, and under any means possible, that path is not the most logical road to travel. What I don't like about this bill, is that politics is being played at the troops expense. Both sides are/have been guilty of this for far too long. This has no chance of passing anyway.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No, it's a cheap "feel good" measure that will definitely NOT "end" the fighting. As we learned the hard way in Southeast Asia, those insurgents who want to keep fighting will just wait until the biggest dog has gone home; then they come out of their rat holes and go to town, killing, intimidating, and slaughtering anyone who gets in their way.

The Killing Fields of Cambodia taught us that.

The slaughter of some 1 million in South Vietnam *AFTER* the U.S. pulled out taught us that.

If you think parking a car with two small children in it and then blowing it up to kill "infidels" is bad, wait until you get a load of what they will do when -- if -- the U.S. leaves town. It will make today look like the "good old days" of relative peace and harmony in a big way.

And the blood will be on all who said we should just pull up stakes and leave, leave Iraq and the Middle East to barbarians who have zero value for human life, not even their own.

//
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Get Bush
    Hate