Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrat governors to Obama: you screw us with ObamaCARE

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Dec 21, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Gov. David Paterson: Health care reform bill punishes New York

When Obama screws the states, they will screw us too. In the end, voters are losers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +808 / 6 / -9

3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

A Reckless Health Care Bill That Nobody Believes In - WSJ.com

4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This bill punishes everyone. The elderly, the young and middle-aged, rich, poor and middle class. It punishes pharmaceuticals, insurance companies, and any company related to the health sector of the economy. It punishes small companies, medium-size companies and large corporations. It does absolutely nothing to bring down costs, but rather causes the price of insurance and medical services to go up. It does absolutely nothing to improve medical care, but rather will result in a lower quality of care with higher costs. The real nice part is that we get to start paying for it immediately after the bill is passed, yet the so-called benefits will not be implented for another 4 years. Merry Christmas all.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I hope everybody had a good night sleept at 1AM because it is the last time we had it before working our ass off to pay all taxes tomorrow.:D:D:D

6. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +808 / 6 / -9

You have a litany of assertions here. On what basis are you making most, if not all, of them?

7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Off the top of my head...

1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]How does it impact the quality of care i. e. waiting periods?
    When you add 30 million people to the health care system while keeping the number of providers the same, you will inevitably strain the system and it will be tougher to get an appointment or doctors will be forced to spend less time with patients, it's the law of supply and demand.
    2) This bill is supposed to cut $500 billion dollars from Medicare but not from doctors ( to keep it budget neutral) That means less money for hospitals and they must lower staffs affecting quality of care or risk going out of business. If you don’t cut that much money the program will balloon the deficit.
    3)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The rich get socked because their taxes go up greatly under the House version
    4)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] The middle class (earning over $59K) lose their subsidies and must pay a high percentage of their income in premiums.
    5)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The lower income will suffer as businesses realize that it is cheaper to not provide health insurance and pay the tax on lower income employees to stay competitive in their industries. Take an employee earning $20K. An 8% tax is $1600 per year which is cheaper than the annual premiums for that person. Then they have to get the insurance themselves and pay

the cost.
    6)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Purchasing drugs from Canada or using the bulk purchasing power of Medicare to lower drug costs is eliminated in this bill leading to higher consumer costs.

7)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]HSA/MSA (Medical Savings Accounts) used by some to lower their health care costs ( high deductible high copays for lower premiums) are outlawed under the reform bill because out of pocket copays and deductibles are capped. If I can afford it, why shouldn’t I be able to assume the risk for a lower premium? It encourages people to stay healthy and not use the health care system since they see that the money is coming out of their own pocket. You can do it with homeowners insurance or auto insurance. Why shouldn’t I be able to do it with my health care insurance????
    8) There will still be 23 million uninsured (8% of the population) after this is implemented according to the CBO. So they will still go to the physician and there will still be unreimbursed care for hospitals that will affect their bottom line. Cut their Medicare reimbursements and what happens to their bottom line??.
    9) What is the verification process to ensure that only those in this country legally are able to sign up for the program? Anyone who has read my previous postings knows that I'm not xenophobic but I want those here to pay their fair share of taxes if they are to partake of the benefits of this country....
    10) By expanding Medicaid ( health care for the indigient) to 4x the poverty level, it expands the pool of eligible recipients. The problem is that Medicaid is paid for by the states and this is essentially an unfunded mandate turned over to the states and handing them the bill at a time when states are struggling financially. The deal Sen. Nelson got was that the Feds pick up what would be Nebraska's share FOREVER.....until Sen. Dorgan said that future Congress' would not be bound by the agreement.....

Before you attack the messenger or accuse me of using 'right wing talking points' I took the time to read the first 250 pages of the bill until I fell asleep. I am asking specific questions that impact all of us......We need health care reform, just not this 'reform'.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

PF in Philly kudos, you nailed it.

9. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

10. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The sad thing is that Patsfanin Philly is only scratching the surface. How much more of this iceberg will we learn about as we start to read the bill.

What's going to happen when it's combined with the House version. How many more "sweat heart deals" will be made.

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +704 / 7 / -2

Change we can believe in. :rolleyes:

12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

The fact is, "WE" have to "get rid" of Pelosi, Frank and Reid one way or another....does Tony Saprano still do contracts? :D In all seriousness, I think it's just a matter of time. After all, I am a Patriot! ;)

There is a reason both votes were taken in the wee hours. Maybe Jack Bauer can explain this to us.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,454 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

................ :wha:

14. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In this day and age with 24 hour news and the internet. What possible difference does it make what time the vote is taken. The only thing I can think of is they needed to get it voted on so it could move forward to the next step. They want it closed out by the 24th. Maybe you can help shed some light on why it was done this way.

I think he tried to post a picture and used the hyperlink code. It's the only way the forum would let you post without something being shown. 10 Char rule and all.

I've done it, don't tell anyone.

15. Patsfanin Philly

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Thanks. The sad part is that it was just the tip of the iceberg. After I posted it, I started thinking about other aspects of it that I wanted to add in a second posting but I didn't want to ruin anyone's holiday mood......
    Maybe I'll do it under the cover of darkness when no one's watching when no one's watching...or on the eve of a major holiday when the vast majority of Americans are either traveling or are distracted......
    Yup....this road to nowhere is paved with good intentions and lots of our tax dollars.

16. Patsfanin Philly

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey