Welcome to PatsFans.com

Democrat Congress Woman Marcy Kaptur - A Brilliant Woman.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 27, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,047 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Marcy is the Democratic Rep of Ohio 9th district Toledo.

this is a must watch and a must save ...
    By the 2012 election this could well win her the Presidency.

YouTube - Let's Play "WALLSTREET BAILOUT" The Rules Are... Rep Kaptur

It's 5 minutes long and worth every minute.

One of her great ideas is more support for the local community banks.
    You know ... the ones that make more carefull loans to protect their shareholders.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, you mean like the way Clinton and the Dem Congress were pushing the banks to be in 1993-95??? Nice and "careful" about lending out money.

Gotcha.

;)

//
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,047 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

That's a hijack Fog ... try sticking to the issue ... which is the present. i have openly stated my opinion on the reasons for the problem ... The reality is obvious. the people crafting this bill are the people that helped cause the mess... that is the underlying tone of her message.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're not interested in getting to the root cause of this mess???? I sure am!! We will NEVER solve the problem if we do not face up to how it started in the first place. It started from relaxed credit standards by banks who were being pressured by the Clinton admin and the Dem Congress. Those are the facts. Look it up.

//
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,047 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

No Fog .. I'm not interested .. you're a day late and a dollar short on my opnion.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-warnings-about-systemic-risk-posed-gses.html

Just one of the many where I have spoken about the democrats dropping the ball since Clinton on the issue ...
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So we agree on the origins of this mortgage mess, which escalated into a systemic meltdown? So, I didn't watch this woman's spiel, but if she's a Dem wouldn't she be shilling for the same old same old, Clinton redux???

:wha:

//
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,047 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Well .. there are people on both sides of the aisle who fall into the good representative category ... the problem is that these people are crafting this bailout bill behind closed doors ... that was the crux of her message and a scary one.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Some people say politics is like making sausage: you really don't want to know how it's done. But I agree that it should be done in the open. I guess they figure if they did that it would take forever, with all kinds of "constituents" forever back seat driving.

//
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

No Fog, deregulation started mostly under Reagan (the guy who McCain blamed in the debate for killing 300 Marines in Lebanon.

Transcript of presidential debate - CNN.com

"Back in 1983, when I was a brand-new United States congressman, the one -- the person I admired the most and still admire the most, Ronald Reagan, wanted to send Marines into Lebanon.

And I saw that, and I saw the situation, and I stood up, and I voted against that, because I was afraid that they couldn't make peace in a place where 300 or 400 or several hundred Marines would make a difference. Tragically, I was right: Nearly 300 Marines lost their lives in the bombing of the barracks.")
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+2] "... the person I admired the most and still admire the most, Ronald Reagan, ... " -- said John McCain [/size]

Anyway, what in hell does this have to do with the relaxation of bank mortgage lending standards, which clearly was ramped up to the max under Clinton with his all-Dem dominated Congress from 93-95 ?????

//
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

It's strange that after saying he admires Reagan most, McCain accuses him of killing 300 Marines. Maybe that's what McCain admires? Thanks for pointing that out.

And, I put that point in parentheses because it's not related to the thread. At the moment, I can't watch the video because I can't play the audio right now.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

McCain doesn't "accuse" Reagan of anything. Why do you twist it into something it wasn't ??? McCain is making the point that, having served in combat, he knows you don't leave a small contingent of troops as sitting ducks in a foreign country crawling with hostiles!! Duh. DOUBLE duh!! McCain was offering his proven combat experience to the then president, a very perceptive man but who lacked actual combat experience, so as to avoid what eventually did happen. I'm sure you can understand the context and degree of McCain's critique; NOT an accusation. Big difference.

//