PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeMaurice Smith on Brady/NFL Settlement Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard a clip of him spewing his BS. What an idiot DB.
He should never be allowed to speak in public again, he makes me want to throw stuff everytime I hear him!

He went on to say that Brady is selfish because he (Smith) is sick and tired of this story. Um....Brady is selfish for defending himself and - in this case, now - the NFL players from a tyrannical commissioner, because Smith is tired of the story?

Hahahahahahahahaha
I'm tired of his voice and face so can he quit being selfish and just disappear?

Well he is an act, don't take what he says too seriously. First take isn't 100% real.

First Take is a big time act. I agree.

I have no issue with SAS calling Brady guilty or pleading to Tom to stop, etc.

Calling him selfish is way out of bounds.

Smith is a loudmouth idiot but I think he has a couple of rational noodles floating around in his head and not just beef jerky.

Smith is not an idiot. The guy's a genius! He keeps gettin people to post what he says on here. I tip my hat off to him!

First Take is a big time act. I agree.

I have no issue with SAS calling Brady guilty or pleading to Tom to stop, etc.

Calling him selfish is way out of bounds.
Should have called for the NFL to stop before it gets ugly for everyone.

Smith is not an idiot. The guy's a genius! He keeps gettin people to post what he says on here. I tip my hat off to him!

I know...the guy is intelligent. Hes just misguided with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The NFL is pursuing this because Brady was the primary named plaintiff in the lawsuit back during the CBA negotiations. And Goodell took it personally that Brady stood up to him.

Goodell is a spoiled brat as well as a bully. He's used to getting his own way and having people ask "How high? " when he said jump. On top of that, like others have said, I believe he's a pathological liar.

And the fact that the 2 judges affirmed that Goodell could lie about what was said and not be forced to recuse himself is just mind-boggling. They basically said that "Law of Shop" doesn't apply if the Commissioner deems it necessary to be the arbitrator of the punishment he handed out.. Sorry, but the CBA doesn't say that Goodell can just do whatever the F**K he wants if he names himself arbitrator. If he names himself arbitrator, he's expected to conduct himself in accordance with commonly accepted laws of arbitration. It's no different than the commonly accepted accounting practices that the agreed upon 3rd party accountants are expected to use when auditing the league's books for the purpose of salary cap compliance..

Its awful. Saying Brady is selfish is unbelievable to me. Might be one of the worst things he has said.

On the bright side, one of the surest ways to know that you're right is if Stephen A. Smith disagrees with you. There aren't a lot of things that sports fans can agree on nationwide, but we can all absolutely come together and agree that SAS is garbage and is always wrong.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The NFL is pursuing this because Brady was the primary named plaintiff in the lawsuit back during the CBA negotiations. And Goodell took it personally that Brady stood up to him.

There's also the whisperings from various sources that Goodell went after Brady so hard in order to show black players that he'll go after white players, too.

There's also the whisperings from various sources that Goodell went after Brady so hard in order to show black players that he'll go after white players, too.
I heard that, also. Incognito says "hello.";)

That will be the NFL's offer AFTER Brady gets the en banc hearing and the CA2 verdict is overturned and the suspension is thrown out. Then the NFL will come running with their offer which will be met with the middle digit salute....hopefully...

I admire your optimism. However, my experience says that "justice" rarely is wrapped in such a nice neat linear package. But I hope you're right...

I admire your optimism. However, my experience says that "justice" rarely is wrapped in such a nice neat linear package. But I hope you're right...
I wouldn't call it justice but rather arrogance or hubris on the part of the league office...

If it were Cam Newton in Brady's place, A Stephen Smith would be calling him courageous for standing up to the NFL.

Didn't Brandon Marshall come right out and say it last season?????

If it were Cam Newton in Brady's place, A Stephen Smith would be calling him courageous for standing up to the NFL.

Smith is ESPN's version of the Globe's Derrick Z. Jackson.

Slightly off topic...I'm having a back and forth with a guy at work. Can anyone get me a link or a list of the NFL execs or other higher-ups that have NY connections? thanks

Slightly off topic...I'm having a back and forth with a guy at work. Can anyone get me a link or a list of the NFL execs or other higher-ups that have NY connections? thanks

From what I've read here @Joker is the best source of the NY connections to the NFL office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes