PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeMaurice Smith on Brady/NFL Settlement Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously.

I'm not a big religion guy and I kinda take exception to people pushing their faith on me but that's where people don't understand Tebow.

He's just a really religious guy, committed to his faith and believes God deserves the credit for his success.

Can someone tell me why that is an issue for people? I mean....big deal?

It was 100% the media that made it a big deal.. also Tebow's fanatical following didn't help matters with the billboards and such, but you can put all the blame on the savage, blood sucking media

De Smith is a walking breathing clickbait. TELL US WHAT BRADY OFFERED FOR CHRISSAKE

I don't think I'm at all able to express the contempt I feel for the NFL. The sheer ****ing gall to think that it would be fine to have a couple of schmoes take the main ****ing fall?

**** everyone in the league office, man. Those two guys are just regular humps like the rest of us and those goddamn self-important suits just wanted their pound of goddamn flesh argh

Yup, it's completely ****ing disgusting.. I really hope all the religious texts and beliefs are true.. I'm not much of a religious man myself but if there is any truth to it, I'd smile knowing ****bags like Goodell and Kensil would be paying for eternity for their disgraceful acts

I mean... I'd probly be in detention (purgatory) for quite a long time, but I'd feel like I was in heaven knowing pieces of trash got what was coming to them, since there doesn't appear to be any justice in this world unless you've got hundreds of millions of dollars

De Smith is a walking breathing clickbait. TELL US WHAT BRADY OFFERED FOR CHRISSAKE
Watch the curran video, you can't expect smith just to give out that info in an interview when there is so much up in the air.

I am convinced that Roger was bullied when he was a child (I don't condone bullying in any way shape or form). The minute he was given the job as NFL commissioner he couldn't wait to act as judge and jury. His ego is getting the best of him and he can't think clearly when he has to hand down punishment for a violation. He is by far the worst commissioner in the history of all four sports leagues and second place isn't even close.

Wasn't there an article recently posted here how Richard Nixon screwed his dad in some way who was actually trying to do the right thing or was honest or some ****? And Nixon screwed him?

That would be tough. Tom missis 4 games but Goodell gets tossed out on his ass. Hmmm

Tom's getting longer in the tooth. As crazy as it sounds him getting to just train for a 1/4 of a season may end up seeing him come out to have the best 15 game stretch of his career. Think how grand an FU it would be if he could set a few records only playing in 12 regular season games :).

I really hope the speculation that Brady would accept 1 game for non-cooperation it not true. Settling for anything less than a promise not to file a defamation suit if the league came out and dropped the whole thing would be asinine. Call me stubborn but I would rather Brady serve the 4 game suspension while going down with a fight/maintaining his innocence than except some measly "non-cooperation" punishment that results in a 1 game suspension. The latter would probably serve as an admission of guilt even to the people who are on the fence about the whole thing.

Pragmatism. He's looking at 4 games, a fair bit of change, and others getting wrapped in the **** storm. Take 1 game for lack of cooperation, NFL gets a win while Tom never has to admit to the laughable cheating label, problem largely over, this is already largely forgotten about, courts are not involved.

I know it isn't the ideal everyone wants to project on Tom that he will do nothing else except fight on the beaches, in the fields, in the air......but a pragmatic strategy is always worth considering and sometimes it is the right road to be taken (as my old pappy use to say: he who runs away lives to run away another day :)). Typically you don't make it to the pinnacle of an area without some level of a pragmatic approach at certain times. It just is what it is....

Sometimes I forget the genesis of this whole mess and how something quite benign, an equipment issue, morphed into this colossal f.. up. The same brouhaha that can be explained by grade school science..

Sometimes I forget the genesis of this whole mess and how something quite benign, an equipment issue, morphed into this colossal f.. up. The same brouhaha that can be explained by grade school science..

It is amazing.

All Goody needed to do was send TB12 a bill for $8k that Monday but because it was the Patriots the league wanted to play bully.

Brady offered 1 game for being uncooperative with no admission of guilt.

OK, I think this is the crux of the matter. Their "generous offer" to have him pin the blame on the little guy DID require an admission of guilt.

For Brady to point his finger at the equipment guys would be to say "yes this trumped-up conspiracy really happened, yes there was a scheme to deflate footballs, yes it helped us win, yes the Patriots are a cheating organization that doesn't earn its success."

They didn't just want him to throw two men under the bus, they wanted him to throw the PATRIOTS under the bus. Which is no offer at all.

One game on the cooperation issue is one thing. But in this case the league also wanted Tom to basically agree that -in the NFL's words- "something" was indeed going on by throwing those two guys under the bus.

This is a front office that can't stop lying about concussions and a lot of other issues so you can imagine how this would be spun by them to their media lapdogs.

Tom telling them to go pound sand was a no brainer for obvious reasons.

The league spends 20 years denying that brain damage was caused by football but insists to the death that TB12 was taking .02 PSI out of footballs.

My god.

Last edited:
Pragmatism. He's looking at 4 games, a fair bit of change, and others getting wrapped in the **** storm. Take 1 game for lack of cooperation, NFL gets a win while Tom never has to admit to the laughable cheating label, problem largely over, this is already largely forgotten about, courts are not involved.
That will be the NFL's offer AFTER Brady gets the en banc hearing and the CA2 verdict is overturned and the suspension is thrown out. Then the NFL will come running with their offer which will be met with the middle digit salute....hopefully...

I know it isn't the ideal everyone wants to project on Tom that he will do nothing else except fight on the beaches, in the fields, in the air......but a pragmatic strategy is always worth considering and sometimes it is the right road to be taken (as my old pappy use to say: he who runs away lives to run away another day :)). Typically you don't make it to the pinnacle of an area without some level of a pragmatic approach at certain times. It just is what it is....

I'm glad that Brady made that generous offer and I'm glad Goodell's blind arrogance refused it. At every turn through this entire ordeal Brady has increasingly looked like the better man while Goodell has increasingly looked like the maniacal power abusive idiot.

I am loving Olsen's (or whoever's) newly invigorated PR campaign.

This thing is going to see an en banc hearing.

OK, I think this is the crux of the matter. Their "generous offer" to have him pin the blame on the little guy DID require an admission of guilt.

For Brady to point his finger at the equipment guys would be to say "yes this trumped-up conspiracy really happened, yes there was a scheme to deflate footballs, yes it helped us win, yes the Patriots are a cheating organization that doesn't earn its success."

They didn't just want him to throw two men under the bus, they wanted him to throw the PATRIOTS under the bus. Which is no offer at all.
Of course. That way they get the $1M and draft picks from the Pats, which most agree is the most-damaging to NE long-term (the picks, not the $.)

I want to know too. But this is ongoing litigation. It's no surprise that Smith was coy about the details.

I wonder if this is also part of the media campaign by Brady's team to make the NFL* look bad.

If so it is working, and I heartily approve.

**** the NFL*
Yeah. That was my first thought when I heard the story. I hope there is a steady "drip, drip, drip" of stories like this leaked.

This is just so refreshing to hear...it may be a long time before any team sees the likes of this man. Framed and flamed by the public and he still comes out punching respecting the guys who he brought along the way.

Just amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes