Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dem Group Plans $40MILLION Hit on McCain

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, Apr 11, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Let the SwiftBoating begin.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080410/pl_politico/9514;_ylt=AqbsdD.lOgot76VCklAtJyus0NUE

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

The news is getting out about this "hit job", a few years ago CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS would never have let you know about it, they would have buried it, but now they can't, "The new media" tells us everything.

America loves the underdog, when the American people see this "Soros Assassination" it will make them mad, then they will vote "Mccain"..

It's called "Backlash".

:bricks:

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Thing is what the swift boaters said was true ;)

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?????

do you know what the definition of 'swiftboating' is? Those dudes were paid to LIE! Swiftboating is a smear tactic based on lies.....

damn.....

6. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Actually, no.

Those "dudes" weren't "paid to LIE".

In fact, show me a lie. I have this discussion with one of my lefty-loon friends periodically. I issue him the same challenge. Show me proof--and not "alternet" or simiilar--they lied.

7. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I heard about this group. There will probably be one that does the same thing to the Dem candidate too. It's just that they will be exposed by the MSM, whereas this group won't (or wouldn't have been without the attention they got yesterday from some folks).

Get ready to hear lots of ridiculous criticisms of and/or attack on McCain prefaced by "We respect his war record but..."

I was sick of this election months ago.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

see what you did?

show me how they were being truthful. This IS the definition of swiftboating.

there are two sides to this story, only the people there know the truth. when it came time for Politics...these guys came out to tell a different story, there is no evidence they are right or wrong. Only a purple heart thrown away, and the conflicting words of senators and soldiers.

9. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No. You flatly stated that those men lied, and that they were paid to do it.

I asked you to prove it.

No more, no less.

Apparently though, you cannot back up your assertions.

I won't be like NEM and demand a retraction and an apology, as your inabilty...nay, your refusal to prove your statements stands on its own.

10. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 14 / -2

I'm sorry a. paul, but you can't really complain about "swiftboating," the Republicans invented it. LET THE SWIFTBOATING BEGIN! Eye for an eye right?

11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

got it...

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth

The SBVT propaganda smear campaign was financed by Sam Fox, a billionaire and hardline rightwinger. The fact that Fox financed this project was revealed during his Senate confirmation hearings to become US ambassador to Belgium. Although the Senate blocked his confirmation pointing out Fox's pernicious activities, George Bush appointed Fox over the authority of the Senate during a "Senate recess". Furthermore, the PR company responsible for the SBVT (and whose bill Fox paid) was Arthur J. Finkelstein and Associates run by Arthur J. Finkelstein, the "dirty-tricks guy for the Republicans". [6] Finkelstein is best know for his black-propaganda campaigns that are primarily character assassinations or smearing -- as the SBVT campaign demonstrates.

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth appears to have sought professional help with Federal Election Commission compliance. In May 2004, it paid $7500 to Political Compliance Services Inc., a consulting company in Fairfax, VA. [44] Political Compliance Services describes itself as "an accounting services vendor specializing in FEC regulations. Our comprehensive approach to your individual accounting needs will deliver you from the headaches and legal ramifications of FEC non-compliance." [45]

However, Political Compliance Services itself appears to have strong Republican ties. All of its known clients are conservative. [46] Its administrative contact Susan Arceneaux is a Republican stalwart involved with several right-wing organizations. She is treasurer of The Majority Leader's Fund [47], a listed contact for FreedomWorks [48], and was the custodian of records for David Horowitz's defunct 527, PoliticalWar.com Inc. [49][50]

On August 24, 2004, the extent of Arceneaux's involvement with SBVT became clear. According to The New York Times, SBVT had admitted the previous day that Arceneaux "helped set it up and works for it." The Times had discovered that Arceneaux "is given as the contact person on the post office box that Swift Boat Veterans for Truth lists as its address." The article also pointed out that The Majority Leader's Fund "receives significant financing from Bob Perry," the major donor to SBVT. [51][52]

Is becomeing an ambassador, payment?

in my world...I'd say yes.

12. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I wasn't complaining, I was just pointing out this big group of rich democrats that's getting ready to go after McCain. I said "swifboating" mostly because I thought it was funny, no agenda involved.

It's kind of funny. We've got two Democrats who're so intent on each other that they're ignoring McCain, but they aren't really taking any shots at each other either...I mean, I remember the Clinton attack and spin machine, and this isn't it. We've got McCain who refuses to attack anyone except for other Republicans, and then on the sidelines we've got groups from both parties gearing up to do all the attacking the candidates won't (or can't) do.

It's weird.

13. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nope. Good try though, but he was getting the ambassador job anyway. And so he donated some money? It only was brought up because Kerry made a stink about it during the confirmation hearings...when he should've kept his mouth shut, because all it did was remind everyone what a joke he is.

14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 14 / -2

Ever since Kerry went to congress to tell them about the atrocities that took place in Vietnam John O'Neill was after him. It was pretty obvious that the swiftboaters were politically fueled hitmen out to do whatever they could to stop him from being president:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html

15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

what comes around goes around. Look at what the rep. operatives did to Max MaGee the man had both legs blown off to boot. The Bushie's did it to McCain in 2000, smear him that is. I don't want to hear any weeping about smear tactics from the hard RT.

16. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So...John O'Neill hated Kerry since Kerry first did his whole 'electrodes on testicles' and "JENN-GISS Kahn" speech before congress. So did a lot of other people.

See, the thing is, Kerry was lying about those atrocities. If he wasn't, why didn't he turn himself in as a war criminal? Now that would've gotten headlines for the cause.

BTW, Kerry and those lies about soldiers and stuff...it's something that really rubs me the wrong way. So I tend to be less civil talking about *that jacka$$* than say minimum wage.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Kerry never testified under oath, he LIED before congress.

To HD, Kerry was challenged by O'Neil about his lies, well before Kerry ran for president, see the like of O'Neill debatign Kerry in the 70's when Kerry was telling his Winter Soldier lies.

http://horse.he.net/~swiftpow/index.php?topic=KerryONeill

18. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

word...I think it is...so?

we can agree to disagree, thanks for the logic, and debate, my man. I appreciate it.

19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 14 / -2

Do you have any proof of these assertions?

20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 14 / -2

The absurdity of the swiftboaters is that they were disputing facts about Kerry's record, 40 years prior. Bush never even served and when someone tried to delve into that the hard Right destroyed them for it.