PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deltha O'Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Money

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This guy should be cut after last night.I rather take my chances with a rookie CB who has speed then a guy whose doned!!Cut O'Neal!!

Actually, the rookie was in for the second score for the TD.

Deltha O'Neal is a revised version of the 2005 Duane Starks era in NE - I think we can all agree with this

Is there a CB out there that we can get via trade?I dont wanna give up on the season.

Is there a CB out there that we can get via trade?I dont wanna give up on the season.

Too many holes to fill. The Pats would have to gut their 2009 draft

for temporary fixes.

O'Neal had a bad game last night, that's for sure. So did Meriweather, Bruschi, Thomas, Koppen, and just about everybody else. In the last few years the defense was able to get pressure on the opposing QB. That caused the QB to throw before the receivers were open, which allowed the secondary to make plays. That's not happening this year; it's not strictly O'Neal's fault, but is a chain reaction due to the entire defense not playing well. I'm not sure if it's primarily an execution or a scheme/game plan problem, but the bottom line is that cutting O'Neal isn't going to change anything right now. Besides, what does it say about the quality of the other CBs that can't beat him out for the starting job?

Gamble from Carolina is a FA I hope we sign

His name reminds me of the song "Delta Dawn".

Delta Dawn what's that flower you've got on
can it be a faded rose from days gone by?

His name reminds me of the song "Delta Dawn".

Delta Dawn what's that flower you've got on
can it be a faded rose from days gone by?

Deltha is a faded rose from days gone by.

F it, it's time to seriously consider bringing back Ty Law. I don't care how old he is or what the money he wants... if we have the space to squeeze him in do it.

I can't believe how much you all ***** and complain. He has had a pretty good year so far and his coverage on the catches wasn't bad....just a matter of height.

I can't believe how much you all ***** and complain. He has had a pretty good year so far and his coverage on the catches wasn't bad....just a matter of height.

Or help. I mean, he didn't have any safety help (that I could see on the TV screen) on those plays.

Hey guys, remember that guy we all loved 3 weeks ago? Let's blame it all on him! Rabble rabble rabble.

What game were you watching? O'Neal was beat on the snap. When the reciever makes his break and takes the inside position on a corner, he is automatically beaten. It doesn't matter if the corner is with the reciever stride by stride because the reciever has sheilded him off and the corner has little or no chance of breaking up the ball. O'Neal will be picked on all season long and he will eventually get cut like Starks in '05.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back